Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Can salon "deep conditioning" really cure dry hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are referring to a brazilian keratin treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cross-posting - this is from has on a thread about liquid kertain vs brazilian keratin

Hi girls,
liquid keratin doesn't have good reviews online. I just had a keratin treatment done at home. I bought the qod gold from ebay ($45 for 4oz clarifying shampoo and treatment) it smells like bananas and doesn't have formaldehyde. my sister did it for me and my hair came out straight and shiny.

I have wavy/curly hair and lately it became very thin so it's crazy when I wash it. I had to put many oils on to calm it down.
Anyways we had the treatment on me as an experiment I cleaned my hair and blow dried it then she applied the treatment.

We made many mistakes: We were supposed to wait 5mn after treatment then blow dry then use the flat iron.
instead we went from applying the treatment to flat ironing.

Also I bought the babyliss flat iron and the buttons are on the side so my sister unintentionally turned it off many times. I had my hair down for 48 hours during that time I kept fixing any hair that became wavy in the front but I never touched the inside back hair (only touched up the hair on top)

I just washed my hair yesterday and the end results are straight beautiful hair soft and silky for $45 the inside back hair is a tiny bit wavy but I will do better next time. now I'm going to buy the big bottle so I can do my sister's hair and my daughters

I know next time it will be much better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Cross-posting - this is from has on a thread about liquid kertain vs brazilian keratin

Hi girls,
liquid keratin doesn't have good reviews online. I just had a keratin treatment done at home. I bought the qod gold from ebay ($45 for 4oz clarifying shampoo and treatment) it smells like bananas and doesn't have formaldehyde. my sister did it for me and my hair came out straight and shiny.

I have wavy/curly hair and lately it became very thin so it's crazy when I wash it. I had to put many oils on to calm it down.
Anyways we had the treatment on me as an experiment I cleaned my hair and blow dried it then she applied the treatment.

We made many mistakes: We were supposed to wait 5mn after treatment then blow dry then use the flat iron.
instead we went from applying the treatment to flat ironing.

Also I bought the babyliss flat iron and the buttons are on the side so my sister unintentionally turned it off many times. I had my hair down for 48 hours during that time I kept fixing any hair that became wavy in the front but I never touched the inside back hair (only touched up the hair on top)

I just washed my hair yesterday and the end results are straight beautiful hair soft and silky for $45 the inside back hair is a tiny bit wavy but I will do better next time. now I'm going to buy the big bottle so I can do my sister's hair and my daughters

I know next time it will be much better.

Sister, you said, "I bought the qod gold from ebay" What is qod? Is that the brand name?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn may be i can answer this one...
When u ll serach BRAZILIAN KERATIN HAIR TREATMENT,,,on ebay or amazon,u will find 2 things...one is Brazilian qod gold hair keratin treatment and the other would be
brazilian qod max hair keratin treatment,,,
The brand is Brazilian and those r the two types they ll offer u...
People use any two of these...As far as i know after researchingg,,,both give the same results except that the qod gold is a bit more stronger so u have to use comparitively less quantity on hair than the qod max...but as far as i know,,they both give the same results...Smile
I will buy Brazilian qod gold...
Sooo excited...Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Before venturing into this you may want to read the information on this thread and the links about the risks involved when the chemicals are released during the process, then decide and take the necessary precautions to protect yourselves.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=36780

HTH
DM Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
according to my experience, it helps but you need to do it constantly on a regular base
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
How long does the straightening last? How often do you have to redo? Does it go away with your next wash?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
the brazilian treatment lasts for 3 to 4 months,after that,the curls u have or waves whatever,it comes back..if u wanna get the staright hair again,,,u ll want to do it again...
I estimated,,,a home treamtent would cost me 80 to 90 dollars,if i purchase the whole brazilian kit(along with the shamppoo and cond u have to use for 3 months to keep the staright hair as it is )...
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Ruk1, have you considered getting a heavy trim to get rid of the severely damaged ends? Once the hair starts to split, it becomes much easier for it to continue splitting.

From there, you wouldn't be trying to do so much 'repairing'.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sister sweets--is there a way to get the shiny hair but not necessarily the straight hair? My hair is wavy and while not in love it, do like the options it gives me. However, it's very dull.

Did you say the product you used was formaldehyde free?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Sister sweets--is there a way to get the shiny hair but not necessarily the straight hair? My hair is wavy and while not in love it, do like the options it gives me. However, it's very dull.

I used a product from the ebay store Keratin4you

You can email and ask them the question about the shiny hair and keeping the wave. Also I think it is formaldehyde free. I kept my windows open in my bath and even put my head out while I blow dried it to avoid fumes.
Also used gloves from our dental clinic and wore a mask with ear loops when I left the solution on - just as precautions .

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Qod Gold is formaldehyde free it also has 24kt gold in it wich is supposed to make hair shinier.
Qod max has formaldehyde in it.

Also although it makes the haor straight it still gives you the option to manage it the way you want. if you want it wavy you can just style it that way.

Salons now charge about $100 more to do a wavy style with keratin. instead of using the flat iron they use curling iron I guess.

For the shampoo I got a shampoo and conditioner that r sulphate free for $5 each from the health store.

My hair is still nice and manageable 2 months and half after the treatment. I'm getting some very nice waves now. But what I like is no flying pieces of hair anymore Razz

Also for the chemical smell it is strong when you start using the flat iron (lot of smoke). But I had this part done at my backyard so my sister and I hardly had any problem with it
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Salon Treatments can work very well but are expensive and time consuming to keep up with. Depending on how severe the damage is to your hair I would recommend trying the following before spending extra money and the salon - which may not be necessary:

Redken PPT Protein Treatment (Moisturizing deep reconstructive treatment) mixed with Redken Extreme (Fortifier for distressed hair that restores strength and shine) apply to hair dry hair or freshly washed hair. Pin hair up and cover with a shower cap. If possible do at least 20-30 minutes of heat treatment to help the proteins and amino acids penetrate the hair shaft. You can sit under a dryer, use a blow dryer, wrap a very hot towel over the shower cap. Leave on as long as possible; a few hours or even overnight. Wash hair thoroughly and use a small drop of your regular conditioner. Your hair will look & feel much better. Repeated treatments continually improve the hair texture, appearance, shine & health. This treatment can be done weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on how damaged your hair is.

Another product that works well is Joicos Quadramine Complex (Human Hair Protein) This treatment penetrates to the center of the hair shaft and bonds to it, rebuilding the hair from the inside out. Joicos's HKP may also be helpful.

If all else fails; have the salon use Redkens Chemistry Treatment System. There are 5 different Chemistry System Products you can choose from and your stylist should be able to recommend the best one or combination of ones for your specific hair needs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I CANNOT say enough good things about Redken's Chemistry treatments. This saved my hair when it was beset by heavy metal damage in the water supply in Paris. It literally restored by hair to its former glory just in one (long) treatment.

I tried to have it done again at an Ulta but the idiotic girl who did it didn't listen to me and used all sorts of other products instead yo 'condition' my hair, even though i specifically made an appointment for redken chemistry. i thought about not paying the $40 (I mean, she used a davines shampoo to clarify my hair that I had at HOME) but i just grinned and beared it and vowed not to return. if the chemistry treatment is done right, it can be an absolute lifesaver.

--avalange

fairlady wrote:
Salon Treatments can work very well but are expensive and time consuming to keep up with. Depending on how severe the damage is to your hair I would recommend trying the following before spending extra money and the salon - which may not be necessary:

Redken PPT Protein Treatment (Moisturizing deep reconstructive treatment) mixed with Redken Extreme (Fortifier for distressed hair that restores strength and shine) apply to hair dry hair or freshly washed hair. Pin hair up and cover with a shower cap. If possible do at least 20-30 minutes of heat treatment to help the proteins and amino acids penetrate the hair shaft. You can sit under a dryer, use a blow dryer, wrap a very hot towel over the shower cap. Leave on as long as possible; a few hours or even overnight. Wash hair thoroughly and use a small drop of your regular conditioner. Your hair will look & feel much better. Repeated treatments continually improve the hair texture, appearance, shine & health. This treatment can be done weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on how damaged your hair is.

Another product that works well is Joicos Quadramine Complex (Human Hair Protein) This treatment penetrates to the center of the hair shaft and bonds to it, rebuilding the hair from the inside out. Joicos's HKP may also be helpful.

If all else fails; have the salon use Redkens Chemistry Treatment System. There are 5 different Chemistry System Products you can choose from and your stylist should be able to recommend the best one or combination of ones for your specific hair needs.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I do not think so
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just deep condition my own hair.
Half the time I use salon products (many lines) and half drugstore stuff (some drugstore items are great,some super sucky).

Some salons they put these protein ampules in your hair, but you can buy those too.

I used to get the large conditioner bottles fairly cheap, so usually just use whatever I have that catches my eye.

I like Rusk,Sebastian, AG (canadian brand),
Giovanni. (giovanni is a drugstore line)

Do not like Tigi conditioner and have tried tons of that line.

Shwatzcopf is nice too.

just ask the salon what they use and buy the product there.

Fekkai also does not agree with my hair and made it dry.
same for some sample of Samy brand produts
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
daisylondon wrote:
I like getting mine done at the salon, they use the right mixture of fat or protein depending on how my hair is, then they put me under a dryer which is nice for a doze.

Feels great the day they do it but I'd say after a few days the lasting results are only say 20% than achieved at home.

But do you feel that the quality of the conditioning treatment cream used by salon is better than what you can buy yourself? I wonder if you have to be a professional to be able to access the really good one.

Salons seem to sometimes randomly change what they use.
I knew the owner of one local salon and she decided to stop offering peroduct refills-and then just sold off the half used bottles to me and another person Smile

It was some AG brand stuff I had.

I used to have the actual product before and the only dif is this came in a gallon jug while the actual product was 200ml.

Salons just get larger quantities of items for less or free even.

Most salons I see they just sell the consumaer size products as they can charge more for them.

Some stores sell the large sizes of stuff, but not tons that I know of.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:

Sebastian has a Colourshines product in clear.
I do not have a bottle here, so do not know the ingredients.

It is a clear gloss and has no smell.
I used to do my own at home and have curly hair and made it look less dry and "healthier" as i used to swim a lot.

salons r probly charging $40 for a treatment if they do it.
ballerinna
5% products discount

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should try Moroccan Oil. It saved my hair and it's not as expensive as those salon treatments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I think you are referring to a brazilian keratin treatment.
I am very strongly thinking about this since I have wavy hair and I like to wear it straight. This is a real pain for me since I live in a very hot and humid area.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
O.K. this is what I do twice a month and I swear that my hair is of a person 15yrs. younger than me. I apply Waleda rosemary hair oil on damp hair and then wrap a hot towel around. I leave the oil in overnight but take the towel off once it looses the heat. The next morning I use my sulfate free shampoo and style. I blow dry and flat iron my hair everyday and I know this is not good for my hair but I love wearing my hair straight. So, I am very strongly considering getting the Brazilian Keratin Blowout treatment just for the Summer to have hassle free style that will hold!
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
O.K. this is what I do twice a month and I swear that my hair is of a person 15yrs. younger than me. I apply Waleda rosemary hair oil on damp hair and then wrap a hot towel around. I leave the oil in overnight but take the towel off once it looses the heat. The next morning I use my sulfate free shampoo and style. I blow dry and flat iron my hair everyday and I know this is not good for my hair but I love wearing my hair straight. So, I am very strongly considering getting the Brazilian Keratin Blowout treatment just for the Summer to have hassle free style that will hold!

ooh that's exciting! I just bought the Weleda Rosemary Oil(lotion) and used it last night for the first time. Does it help speed up growth at all and does it help with shine too? I'm amazed that you only have to do it twice a month as it says to use the stuff daily on the bottle on dry hair too. Can even be used twice a day morning and night!
I don't want to make my hair look too greasy though doing it daily (I only wash mt hair every 3-4 days due to it's thickness)so I was just going to use it when I wash it.
I think I'll do what you do the night before I wash it 2-3x a month and then also apply it after washing to damp hair the other times for extra oomph!Smile
Then maybe once a month I'll try the coconut oil treatment mentioned here too!
as for these Brazilian Keratin treatments(QOD,Marcia Teixera,Pravana,Coppola etc..) I keep reading mixed reviews everywhere on the web as to the damage they create..:/
The QOD Gold home treatment does sound good though hmmm,I'm confused.I've already spent the best part of day doing research! argh
I want something that will re-texturize and just take some of the weight out and relax the curl to a wave so I can leave it natural.Seems everything that does this has repercussions Sad

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I used the Liquid Keratin home product and I love it. I also started a thread on this if you need to see the details on the application.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
I used the Liquid Keratin home product and I love it. I also started a thread on this if you need to see the details on the application.

Hi Starlight-I did read your thread with interest but it's just upon researching it on the web i.e. Amazon feedback there were many mixed opinions on it and some were saying it caused breakage and changhed their haircolor which is no good for me as I color mine.Also it's only a 30 day treatment.Otherwise it does seem ideal when reading about it...
In my HOURS of research today i came across something called Bioionic Kerasmooth treatment which is chemical free and half the processing time of Brazilian Keratin treatment and lasts 3 months.It can be done at salons but you can also order it on sites like Amazon for $37 and do it yourself.There's one version for chemically treated and one for virgin hair,
I also found another natural product but will post more about both in your other thread to remain more on topic Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am not surprised by the fact that Liquid Keratin treatment results will vary depending on your hair type and the degree of damage. I am a brunette and I did not experience any hair color change other than my hair looks very shiny, healthy and youthful. The treatment did not have any smell what so ever. Maybe my sense of smell is not so strong but I can smell the chemical smell of hair treatments. I did not experience any breakage or fall out.
I am sure there are countless other products out there but this is the one that I tried so my post is based on personal experience.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |