Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
ok333's log - one 50+ year old's journey
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Lovelyskin.com has 20% off right now.... Just ordered the melashade.

Free shipping too! YAY.

Really? Heading over there to see what else I want!!

5% products discount

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, first of all thanks for doing this. I really love to see people's progress, and I do see improvement in your pictures! Yay! I must say, though, I think you look darned good for your age. So, don't be too hard on yourself! (I'm being honest too. I have a neighbor who is 52 and has aged very poorly).
Anyway, you are going to be SOOOO grateful that you took pictures and documented your journey. I am presently doing facial exercises and one of the books I have suggested doing just that. I really, really wish I had because while I can see definite improvement in some areas, it's those little improvements that you don't even notice that can really astound you in pictures.
Well, I don't mean to ramble, but keep up the good work! I have a feeling that if you stick with your program, you won't want the Botox and all that stuff anymore.
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Happily, I do use sunscreen, just forgot about it when I typed up my regimen. Used Neutrogena, at least a 30+ until recently when my very sweet, very green niece (I mean really green, the girl uses baking soda to wash her hair Rolling Eyes ) pointed me to costmeticsdatabase-dot-com
I've been trying the trukids brand that's near the top of their list and hate it. You guys all beat me to lovelyskin, it's backordered now - so I'll have to wait for it - but looks fab - thank you!
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Good to hear that some of you think my results so far ARE reasonable. I was wondering - when I started I kinda hoped by this point I'd have a whole new face... gave up on that pretty quickly watching the week-to-week change... getting some outside opinions is another plus to posting pictures!
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Great song Callalily, hadn't heard that for years - its perfect and now will forever remind me of this journey & forum everytime I hear it!

Thanks Tigerlilly (are you & calla related?), feeling you on the pics, I'm already happy I have them.... know I'm probably near the 75 percentile on the "how good does she look for her age" scale, but up till a year or two it was closer to 90. I want 90! Seriously, thanks for the reminder to be grateful for what I have.
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Keliu: I won't reorder skinbio's dmae serum reorder for a couple of reasons.. posted the full scoop in the review forum on the "two timing tightner review thread"

Thanks again everyone, hope to get this weeks pics up later today (hope I can post pics now that I have 10 posts!).
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Week 12: 01-March-2009

New this week:
- RetinA .25%, seem to be tolerating ok.
- Lumigan
- Finished/Stopped SkinBio Two Timing Tightner (DMAE)

Other notes:
- Skin looked and feels pretty lax/saggy to me - could be I'm not drinking enough water. Especially noticed after doing Ageless exercises one day - fingers would leave big indentations in cheeks that *hung* around for awhile Mad
- Diet pretty consistent.

Picture notes:
- Still doing the whole series but won't post it here every week.
- Really didn't think there was much progress but after looking at these, I think my eyes are actually much better - so did a close up of those.
- Also seeing some improvement/fading of the sun spots on my cheek near eye. Have been dabbing HQ on those probably 5x week for a few months now.
- Turkey waddle still scares me. Just don't know where the heck that thing came from - woke up one morning and there it was. damn.
- I sure need to clean up my eyebrows Razz
- Sure wish I could figure out how to keep my head at the same angle each week.

Before/Week 6 / Week 12:

Before / Week 12:
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Your eyes are having major improvement, ok333. Are you using everything you have listed all around and on your lids, as well? If not, what products are you using on your eyes?
misspointy
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
It definetly looks like the age spots are fading, and you also look more awake....wider eyes. Well doen and keep up the good work.

Totally off topic but I notice you have markings in your iris...which according to iridologists represent our health. Not sure if its a well known thing in the states??
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi RileyG:
Yes, I've been using everything I've listed (except for the CP) around my eyes, lids included... and am still using the aveeno eye cream when things seem dry.

Did forget that I started playing with the easy-eye serum and cream this week (perfect example of why I need this log, I can't remember what I do from one day to the next Rolling Eyes) which I got a few weeks ago but hadn't tried. As others are noting, these products take some playing around with:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32702
Don't think they have much impact at this point, because I've only tried them a couple of times, but they sure seem promising.

Then there's ageless exercises and I've been vigilant about massaging my eye area, and also subject it to my little LED.

Plus, I really have made a big improvement in my diet over the past months. I've just about eliminated processed foods, added lots of veggies and fish and really cut back on alcohol which I think is helping too...
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
missP: i know zip about iris markings - never heard of it - please enlighten me Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, ok333!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - Please! tell us more about the iris markings. Is this Iridology? I love that sort of thing.

Ok333 I see some very nice changes in your eye area. Good for you - It all adds up! Sometimes we don't know there is change since is so subtle yet cumulative.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Lovelyskin.com has 20% off right now.... Just ordered the melashade.

Free shipping too! YAY.

Really? Heading over there to see what else I want!!

Hi Beth - Have to ask...Did ya get anything????
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
There are definite changes for the better!!!! Yay!
misspointy
5% products discount

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:
missP: i know zip about iris markings - never heard of it - please enlighten me Wink

Iridology is the analysis of the iris, which can reveal health problems now and in the future.
I went on a one day taster course as anything like that fascinates me. The group was quite small and we got to gaze into each others eyes lol and use a chart to detail their markings and then try and work out what part of the body they represent...this was under her instruction. Its quite in depth and could be read "wrongly". I still have my eye chart and could tell you what part of the body your markings fall on but i couldnt put it all together for a detailed health explanation...id have no clue. Left eye represents organs etc on the left and right represents organs etc on the right. Anything in the middle shows on both eyes.
I had a reading done privately and found it really bang on with my health issues which I had at the time. Very interesting...there are los of websites about iridology to.
Smile
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
misspointy wrote:

I still have my eye chart and could tell you what part of the body your markings fall on...
Smile

MissP, thanks for the info, always good to learn about something new... & sure - give it shot if you'd like.
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Great log, ok333! I definitely notice a distinct improvement around your eyes.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe your progress. You are looking so vibrant and even regal. Do you have an idea what in particular is making the difference or do you think it's a combination? If you get your daughter in law to do your makeup you'll knock people out of their socks!! You could post a pic on here all glammed up if you wanted to!

ps that is so fascinating about iridology. i love stuff like that. Reflexology, even hand writing analysis and astrology. I have a major fascination with the occult.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Week 13
Well, not much progress or change from last week, pics even look a little worse to me... it's just so hard to judge as everything (lighting/head & camera angle/color/exposure/etc) seems to vary so much...

Pretty much same actives/exercise/led regimen as last week: (am: vit c; pm: alternate RA & CP; alternate ageless/led), beginning to see some redness, drying from the RetinA. As I hadn't had much last week, did try it 2 nights in a row once and that was too much so went back to every other night. Expect that I will see some ugliness in the coming weeks as I adjust to it.

Big deal this week was getting invisalign braces. Had some xtra money in my flex account at the end of last year and so went for the invisalign express - a 6-8 month treatment. Never had braces, have quite an overbite (thumbsucker as a youth) & some gaps on my uppers and crookedness on my lowers. Orthodontist says it won't be perfect with this option, but still a noticeable improvement. They really are invisible, no one has noticed unless I tell them, but teeth hurt pretty bad for the first 3 days. Better now.

Notes:
- No results yet from the Lumagen
- Did get a new tinted moisturizer, Juice Beauty 30spf, recommended by my niece. It is also very greasy on me - she doesn't have this problem - so have been mixing with my Laura Mercier, 20spf.
- Finished 1st sample bottle, started 2nd, of CE Ferulic I bought from Ebay, just noting here so I can track how long this stuff lasts me.

This weeks pics:
And the braces:
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
You got invisiline....!
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Week 14 & 15

Well, my attitude is not so great right now - guess I'd hoped to see more progress this far in - I have yet another birthday coming up next month and think that's bothering me too. Honestly, had second and third thoughts about updating this log, I'm reluctant to spread my lousy attitude right now, but as I skipped last week I decided to go ahead because I need & want the accountability Rolling Eyes
Although I know it's impossible, even ridiculous and that it would just be plain bizarre if it actually happened... on some level I still think that if I were doing everything just right - I could have the skin and face I had when i was 25 - Talk about needing an attitude adjustment Wink LOL

Week 14: Same regimen as week 13 for the most part, alternating ageless and LED every other day. Using CE ferulic in the AM (along w/sunscreen) and Lumigan plus alternating CP & RetinA .25% at night. Still red from RetinA, but seem peeling has stopped. Diet and vitamins were hit & miss this week, work stress & not sleeping very well too. Barely got the pics taken as had busy weekend and didn't weigh myself. Neutral

Week 15: Started the week by shopping - ordered a clarisonic off ebay and an amber LED. They both arrived by the end of the week and have just tried them once - nothing to report yet. Tried RetinA nightly again and only used CP once or twice. Skin seemed ok - or at least not worse so last night used the stronger .05% RetinA. Will see how that goes this week. Finished 2nd CE Ferulic bottle this morning. Will have to go back and check but seem to be lasting about 2 weeks each - so at 6 for around $50 from ebay that's about $4/week, not so bad.

Diet has been pretty lax (but yummy) & some alcohol this week too - Vitamins/supplements sporadic as well. I want to get that back on track in the coming week.

This Week's Pics
I just replaced the photobucket pics, so you should see the whole series up to week 15 at the top of page 1 in this thread, 2nd post.

If you're only seeing week 1-11, you might need to refresh or go directly to my photobucket album, (http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww257/ok333/) as I replaced the pictures that were there and something either eds, photobucket or maybe my seems to have them cached...

The lighting was really different this week(15) as it was earlier in the day - couldn't get the flash to go off no matter what I did. Confused

Hope everyone has a great week!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for updating your journey, ok333. I think everyone has those "off" weeks where we just don't feel good about ourselves. It just could have been an "off" week for you with stress, bad diet, not sleeping well, etc, and all of that combined could be giving you your current attitude.

I don't think any topical is going to get you back to looking 25, but I do think it will definitely improve the skin and make it look much better. Everything is trial and error in finding the right products for oneself; maybe you need to look at switching things up if you are not happy with what you are seeing. Another thought, do you think you could be doing too much to your skin?
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
You have an amazing smile! Makes me want to smile too. You remind me of an actress but I can't place my finger on it.
Ohh that woman who gets married but her and her new husband already have kids. It's a tv show. She's def very beautiful!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ok333 - First of all I just want to say how much I admire your dedication and tenacity to improving your skin and wish to thank you for sharing your journey with us all.

However, I would like to point out that my own skin is on a never ending cycle that I refer to as "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly". Some days I think I look Good, some days I think I look Bad and some days (most) I think I look darn right Ugly. I would never have the courage to document all of this because I would become suicidal. I have tried taking photos of myself on my Good days (and I used to be a professional photographer) but they turn out so Bad that I instantly get depressed and disheartened. This is why I'm not a huge fan of trying to take Before & After photos - I think they can do more harm than good!

But you seem to be on the right track with everything - and I'm sure you will start to see results soon. So keep on keeping on - we're all with you. ...And your braces are unbelievable - totally invisible!!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |