Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
ok333's log - one 50+ year old's journey
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone & thanks much for your encouragement!
I haven't taken my pics yet this week, but want to post anyways so I'll have some record, just in case I get lazy - lots going on...
Weeks 24 & 25
Glad to report the lizardy rash from over-exfoliating is gone Very Happy thanks to using nothing & I mean nothing but OCM on my face for about a week. While I was waiting for that to clear up, I caught up on my reading here - which of course led to... well a little shopping SmileSmileSmile

I've been using hemp oil as my moisturizer, which I really like so far. Got estriol cream and also a stronger retin a with my lumigan refill from ADC.

Have also been much, much better about doing my face exercises, concentrating on the dreaded turkey waddle/neck. Finally, I'm really starting to feel my muscles moving & even getting tired. Even though I've been exercising for awhile, I don't feel like I've been able to really work that area until the past few weeks. So, I'm hopeful.

Maybe a bit new-agey for some, but I've also been messing around with using EFT for my skin - working on my stubborn brown, age spots specifically. I'm going to just keep working on the spots for now, but it's fun to dream about what skin flaw I'll tackle next if they actually do disappear.

Bought a juicer last week too - so have been getting lots more *natural* nutrition. Am concentrating on above ground veggies - the fruits & roots are yummy but too much sugar.

Hope everyone has a great week!

5% products discount

Sat May 30, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Week 23? You look AMAZING, GIRL!!!! Shock . You've encouraged me to step up my game! Wow, YOU GO GIRL!!!!
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
What a difference ok333 - you look 10 years younger at week 23 - keep it up as you make us see there is hope yet! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Great work Ok333. Really appreciate seeing your pics and how you are progressing.

Your skin is looking more pulled up and you look younger around the eyes.
Stupid question here: The estriol cream from ADC - for your face? I have seen this cream advertised on Amazon and it seems to be multi-purpose... Not trying to be nosey, just interested.

Are you getting good results from the Lumigan? I would like to get this on my next purchase. How long does it last?

I'm glad you are back with facial exercises - I will tell you of ALL you are doing to get where you want to go this is the one thing that will provide you with results - inexpensive and at your command!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
WOWEE!, Ok333, you are rockin' it, sistah. Congratulations. Incredible results. Good going. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

The estriol cream from ADC - for your face? I have seen this cream advertised on Amazon and it seems to be multi-purpose... Not trying to be nosey, just interested.

Are you getting good results from the Lumigan? I would like to get this on my next purchase. How long does it last?

Hi sis,
Yes on my face, made for vaginal use though..I don't know if it's the same as what's on amazon though. The tube says "each gram contains Estriol BP 1mg"

I'm happy with my Lumigan results - no issues with shedding for me yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I just started reading this thread. Girl, you are an INSPIRATION!

Thanks for doing this!

edit: now that I'm officially in this thread, I can start to gripe.

When are you going to post your most recent pics???

(hee hee hee)

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:

dreaded turkey waddle/neck

I have yet to post about this, but my one of my heroes, Dr, Bob Marshall (Ph.D. Biochemistry), says you can keep from getting turkey/waddle neck by putting a concoction of pregnenolone, progesterone, and dhea (all hormones) on the underside of your neck. I've been doing this for 4 or 5 years now (since menopause) and indeed have not gotten turkey neck.

I used to use his concoction but now I make up my own with stuff from the internet and the local health food store-- it's much cheaper and I can also put female testosterone in it.

(I had my hormone levels checked before I started DIY by a compounding pharmacist who makes custom hormone creams for women to see exactly what I needed).

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
ok333 wrote:

I used to use his concoction but now I make up my own with stuff from the internet and the local health food store-- it's much cheaper and I can also put female testosterone in it.

hi Inky. I am about to hit 50... Embarassed .... and am starting to see skin on my neck suddenly degenerate. I'd LOVE to know your recipe, precisely, if you'd be so kind as to share it1
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
ok333 wrote:

hi Inky. I am about to hit 50... Embarassed .... and am starting to see skin on my neck suddenly degenerate. I'd LOVE to know your recipe, precisely, if you'd be so kind as to share it1

Hi Catski,

I have to admit that I don't have a 'recipe', per se. About 70% of it is progesterone cream (about 2% progesterone in that cream), 10% dhea, 10% pregnenolone, and 10% female testosterone. Sometimes I go a little heavier on the testosterone.

I just tried to find it on Dr. Marshall's website and couldn't. It's called Rejuvenation Cream. They might not sell it anymore! I've emailed them about it.

Are you menopausal or perimenopausal yet?

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Inky - Please let us know if you track it down! Thanks.... I'm all about being prepared.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

When are you going to post your most recent pics???
I have yet to post about this, but my one of my heroes, Dr, Bob Marshall (Ph.D. Biochemistry), says you can keep from getting turkey/waddle neck by putting a concoction of pregnenolone, progesterone, and dhea (all hormones) on the underside of your neck. I've been doing this for 4 or 5 years now (since menopause) and indeed have not gotten turkey neck.

Interesting - suspect another factor in my particular turkey neck is the 40+ extra pounds I carried around for 15 years or so Shock I've been really working that area w/exercise the past few weeks... it sure helped the rest of my body A LOT with the extra skin after I lost the weight...

And... I'll take & hopefully post pics this weekend - week 26 - haven't taken them since week 23 (just laziness Sad ) & I don't want that trend to continue...
-ok333

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Bob still sells it. It's called Rejuvenation Cream. You won't find it on the website tho because the FDA won't let people order it online. You have to call to get it. I've asked the company to send some info about it to me but haven't heard back from them yet.

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
OK:

We were discussing on another thread how Clarisonic might not be good for older skin because it cleans too well and can disrupt our natural barrier and cause aging to occur faster. Just something to think about.

Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Here's Dr. Bob's address for the cream mentioned above: (copy & paste into your browser)

http://quantumlightnutrition.com/Rejuvenation_Cream_Quantum.asp
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Here's Dr. Bob's address for the cream mentioned above: (copy & paste into your browser)

http://quantumlightnutrition.com/Rejuvenation_Cream_Quantum.asp

Cool. Thanks.

I think that is actually a distributor. Bob's URL is www.healthline.cc I forgot that there were distributors.

everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:20 am      Reply with quote
WOW!
You're truly inspirational ok333. These pics are fabulous. I have just found this thread this morning and will be sure to keep an eye on your progress.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Week 26
Well, this week marks 6 months! Had another bout of irritation/inflammation earlier in the week, brought on by going to fast with the stronger retin a perhaps. It settled down and I've gone back to the .05% for now.

I've continued to exercise this week, really working on the neck - doing 3 different exercises for that area each day. Think I did them 5 times this week.

Am still using hemp oil for a moisturizer most mornings & got envisions solutions this week - have tried it over retin a couple of times - too soon to tell.

I've updated set 2 of my weekly pics (see page 3 of this thread) & also here's a comparison of my neck area. I can see good and bad news in the picture below.
Good:
- My neck is definately improving.
- Lines from my mouth to my chin are lessening.
- Spots & sun damage are lessening.
- My lower lip seems a bit fuller & the curve from my upper lip to my nose seems a bit stronger.
Bad:
- Marks on my face seem to be shifting downwards Confused
I'm not sure what this is about - maybe just 6 months of sag? Things don't look that much droopier in the mirror to me, but I've checked and double checked and those spots are lower. Will have to keep an eye on this...

As always, Thanks to everyone for your kind words, encouragement and following my journey. Have a great week!
-ok333

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Girl, this is amazing. Keep up the fantastic work! I am so excited for you and inspired!

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely incredible. WOWEE!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Looking good, Ok333. So, you are at your 6 month mark. In the beginning you said you were going to give this 6 months before resorting to other things. Are you still contemplating procedures/injection, etc., or will you continue on with what you are doing?
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Inky & Mars: Thanks for your support!

rileygirl wrote:
Looking good, Ok333. So, you are at your 6 month mark. In the beginning you said you were going to give this 6 months before resorting to other things. Are you still contemplating procedures/injection, etc., or will you continue on with what you are doing?

I've been thinking about this very same question!

Six months ago, I was seriously contemplating a face lift. I remember my mom getting one in her late 50's - and also how much pain she endured - the bruising, swelling & recovery - she didn't look much different to me afterwards & at the time, I thought: I'll never do this, NEVER. Well, never say never... fast forward 30 years & I have a much better understanding of why she did it.

I've certainly learned a lot these last 6 months - mainly how little I know Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Which brings me to the answer to your question... No, not now. I'm so thankful that I've given myself this time to explore & learn.

I don't have the answers, but I haven't made any irreversible mistakes yet either. 6 months ago - if I'd gone to a medspa or dr's office, it would have been with a mindset of despair and I'm pretty sure I would have been an easy sell... Today, I feel much more powerful & capable of looking at options and making informed decisions - So, I am going to continue on with what I am doing AND this summer, I'm going to have a few "free consultations" - only to get opinions at this point. Even though, I'm fortunate to live in a rather large city, where options abound - I did not feel confident enough to take advantage of the options or even evaluate or take advice! I do now... hope that makes sense.

-ok333

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:
I've been thinking about this very same question!

Six months ago, I was seriously contemplating a face lift. I remember my mom getting one in her late 50's - and also how much pain she endured - the bruising, swelling & recovery - she didn't look much different to me afterwards & at the time, I thought: I'll never do this, NEVER. Well, never say never... fast forward 30 years & I have a much better understanding of why she did it.

I've certainly learned a lot these last 6 months - mainly how little I know Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Which brings me to the answer to your question... No, not now. I'm so thankful that I've given myself this time to explore & learn.

I don't have the answers, but I haven't made any irreversible mistakes yet either. 6 months ago - if I'd gone to a medspa or dr's office, it would have been with a mindset of despair and I'm pretty sure I would have been an easy sell... Today, I feel much more powerful & capable of looking at options and making informed decisions - So, I am going to continue on with what I am doing AND this summer, I'm going to have a few "free consultations" - only to get opinions at this point. Even though, I'm fortunate to live in a rather large city, where options abound - I did not feel confident enough to take advantage of the options or even evaluate or take advice! I do now... hope that makes sense.

-ok333

That sounds very well thought out. I am glad to hear you won't be going in for a face lift. I honestly don't think you need one.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Shock You're results are nothing short of fantastic girl. I admire your tenacity and its certainly paid off - forget about the face lift. I don't think surgery would give you better results than what you've achieved on your own.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Big chookas for the way you've produced your before & after shots, they're very well done. Very Happy I can see a massive improvement in the under the chin area. What are you attributing this to? Also, your wrinkles and marionette lines are much softer. I can see what you mean about the spots heading downwards - very strange, because otherwise there is no sign of sagging.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |