Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which beauty pillow / anti-wrinkle pillow etc.?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello, this is my first post. Excuse me for any mistake, I´m writing from Italy.
I´m looking for some advice for a pillow that can prevent new lines/wrinkles from sleeping. (I sleep either on my stomach or at the side)...

Did anyone of you tried such a pillow?
I found different ones, e.g.

beauty pillow
anti-wrinkle pillow by Cynthia Boxrud
dovepillow
savemyface
facesaverpillow

Unfortunately I must not post the links.

Thank you for sharing!
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I do believe reading somewhere that memory foam pillows are good for this, I also read that a satin pillowcase helps because it allows the skin to breathe. Hope this helps.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I was browsing the book Dr.Gross (the doctor behind the MD Skincare line). I believe he said sleeping on silk was very helpful to avoid wrinkles. But his first recommendation was to sleep on your back and if you are unable make sure you've got a nice pillowcase. I'm currently training myself to sleep through the night on my back. As a natural side sleeper I find it difficult! Could be good to get a couple luxurious pillow cases as insurance... I might try propping pillows beside me to keep me in place. Oh the things we do for beauty!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I use the savemyface pillow. This has made a dramatic difference on my face. 2 years ago I got juvederm in my n/l folds and when I went in the dermo could tell instantly which side I slept on as the depth on that side he said took almost all of the filler, while the other side took very little. It kind of freaked me out that I was causing deep grooves from sleeping and I immediately ordered a savemyface pillow (I am sure other brands are good too) - and I have not had to ever fill my n/l folds again - they look better than they ever have because I am not spending 8 hours a night helping to create deeper groove/lines. This is a cheap fix that I think anyone who sleeps on their side should use - totally unnecessary if you sleep on your back.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the many replies! Smile
I also read about silk pillow cases (I read they are better than satin ones). The savemyface pillow sounds encouraging! There is also one pillowcase with satin...
Before ordering I will also try to sleep on my back tonight Bad Grin and to see next morning, if I´m still on my back Rolling Eyes
Laughing
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I meant to say silk and wrote satin instead. I stand corrected.
Rockalilly
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Silk pillow cases are supposed to also be really good for your hair!

I had never heard of the savemyface pillow... now I want one!

I've recently been training myself to sleep on my back because I was waking up with noticeable lines from sleeping and I know eventually they'll turn into wrinkes. An added benefit to sleeping on your back is keeping your spine healthy and aligned. Recently, I was having some horrible neck pain and I went to my chiropractor who advised that sleeping on my back would be healthiest. The memory foam pillows or a good feather pillow will help support your neck so you're comfortable and less tempted to revert back to old habits. Plus the benefits of good posture never hurt the anti-aging process.

Make sure you find what works for you though, nothing will age you faster than lack of sleep! In my opinion, sleep is so essential to good health that it's worth investing money into. Very Happy Keep us informed on whether you try any of these pillows, I'd love to read more reviews on them!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have the small Save My Face pillow. I am a stomach-side sleeper, and it truly has saved my face. It also makes it easier to breathe because the place where your face goes is cut out. I put mine on top of another pillow. It's even small enough to pack in a suitcase for travel.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Do you ladies have any tips for getting accustomed to sleeping on your back. I think propping myself up on pillows might make my bf think I'm a little wacky. He already indulges me enough with my skin care obsession. For example holding all the Vichy spray bottles to determine which had the most. I don't know if you can get the visual but we looked absolutely ridiculous. lol
Oh and in addition to wrinkles I'm fairly convinced it clogs pores.
I'm going to try really hard tonight!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Hm, the save my face pillow sounds really good! Im glad that some of you have already tried it and to hear it really works! Smile
I think I will order the small one for my 30th birthday this year. Luckily its also available in the UK so I will have it shipped from there without any trouble with customs.
It was also written that creams can also do a better job since the face is all left free during sleep.
My husband laughs also because of my beauty behaviors (he doesnt even know everything though Laughing ) - but I think with the pillow I can tell everyone that its for my neck problems.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Migi, you won't be sorry! I ordered the small one and don't feel like it needs to be any bigger. I didn't say anything about what it's for to my husband. He sees it and he must assume it's just to make me (my neck) more comfortable while I sleep. It totally confuses the housekeeper though - every time she uses it as a toss/decorative pillow! It cracks me up. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Well, after reading this thread I went and looked up the various pillows that migi posted. I found a spa nearby that carries the SaveMyFace pillow. Called to see if they were in stock and went over to pick one up. Will try it tonight and see if I can sleep with it. It sure looks weird.
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:22 am      Reply with quote
...as a decorative pillow? Laughing I also like the idea to use the small one along with my normal pillow, so I can use the same pillow cases that match with my husband´s. I will order also another pillow case for the save my face pillow. The champagne color is cute and I think it won´t get so easily dirty. Just have to wait a bit, cause I already spent a lot of money for MF, brushes etc. Rolling Eyes
I didn´t expect to meet some people here that already have those pillows! It´s such a great forum, I already like it so much here! Smile
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
welcome migi to the forum and thank you for the great info on the pillows!
Honestly, be prepared, because everyday you will find something else on forum "You have to have" as I now have to have one of these pillows Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh! The Save My Face pillows are hypoallergenic. That makes me so so happy! Now I just need to feign a neck inury Wink Just kidding.
That is too funny about your house keeper. Laughing

Do you ladies have any suggestions on size? I see that it comes with a removable case, so I'm guessing that is the pillowcase?...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the larger size and yes, it has a pillowcase that comes with the pillow. They are machine washable but you need to take off the pillowcase first.

I am going to try it for the first time tonight. If I like it well enough I may purchase the smaller size for travel.
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:15 am      Reply with quote
@ Alley: Thanks for your welcome. Oh yes, I already found so many interesting threads and so many things I´ve never heard of (and already ordered)! (Lumigan for eyelash growth, 302 skincare, dermarolling, LED, Lou Lous FE etc.) - I´m also in a German Beautyforum (I´m German but now live in Italy) but of course an English-speaking forum is sooo much bigger! Laughing
tish
5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
The Vasseur Beauty Pillow is also a really nice pillow. It is comfortable whether you are a side sleeper or a back sleeper. The pillow case is either silk or satin and you can purchase extra cases. They also have a smaller travel version.
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Tash - wow, there is even another one! Smile This pillow is really cute, it looks somehow like a tooth. Laughing I find the different colors beautyful!
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried sleeping for two nights using the larger size SaveMyFace pillow. For some reason I cannot get comfortable and I am constantly fussing with it. I've tried it on top of my pillow and I've tried it alone. Both time I cannot seem to place my head to get the full advantage from this pillow. I do toss and turn when I sleep and when I wake up the pillow is nowhere where it should be. I think the pillow is just too big and now I am thinking of going back and getting the smaller pillow. Head placement seems much easier on the smaller pillow (from the DVD) and probably won't have to fuss with it as much.
tish
5% products discount

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Migi,
You are right, it does look kind of like a tooth. The shape actually works really well because it cradles your neck if you sleep on your back. I sleep on my side, even if I start on my back, but I find it really comfortable. I haven't checked out the other pillows listed, but some of them may be just as functional. Sweet Dreams!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
I have tried sleeping for two nights using the larger size SaveMyFace pillow. For some reason I cannot get comfortable and I am constantly fussing with it. I've tried it on top of my pillow and I've tried it alone. Both time I cannot seem to place my head to get the full advantage from this pillow. I do toss and turn when I sleep and when I wake up the pillow is nowhere where it should be. I think the pillow is just too big and now I am thinking of going back and getting the smaller pillow. Head placement seems much easier on the smaller pillow (from the DVD) and probably won't have to fuss with it as much.

I chose the smaller one for that reason (I was worried the larger one would be difficult to get comfortable with) and found it pretty easy to adjust to.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
@milbader: I´ve also read that the small pillow is more precise and it´s easier to keep your face where it belongs. But maybe you just need to get used to the pillow because you are not used to sleep with your face free. I read that it might be a bit strange the first nights cause many people want to cuddle their face often in the pillows-but with the beautypillow your face is free.

@tish: Now I´m in trouble. I find both pillow very nice. I hope I won´t start to have a pillow collection Laughing
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
the saveface pillow is so expensive, 65 pounds!!! OMGGGG Sad
cmf

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I know that satin is great to sleep on. I went to A Touch Of Satin and purchased a beautiful set of satin pillowcases two years ago and my face AND hair seem sooo much better. I don't have those pillow lines in my face anymore and my hair has no frizzes and seems so much healthier.

I am always looking for something new to try but looking at the savemyface pillow, I can't imagine how that could be the least bit comfortable to sleep on. It looks like you have about two inches of pillow to rest your head on and if you move, it would be like falling off a cliff. Sorry but that doesn't look like the way to go. I'm sticking with my beautiful looking and great feeling pillow and satin pillowcase.

If you come up with something not quite so extreme, please let me know. Until then, I'm sticking with a proven winner and one that looks great on my bed!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |