Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which beauty pillow / anti-wrinkle pillow etc.?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
oh my goood.

lol. i was so bored today i went on ebay looking for the most randon stuff, and on ebay.co.uk i saw a Save my face pillow!! omg, i was shocked cos it's not even listed on the ebay US site.

And the girl was starting the bid for 4.99pounds and i was like omgg..

So i was like quickly emailed her and counter offered her to buy it now at 14 pounds plus shipping! and she agreed. and i was soooo happy cos on the savemyface.co.uk its like 65 pounds for the grande one!!
ZOMG!
haha

and i bought the cellcosmet starting kit for 7.50euros only when i was randomly going to each country's ebay . Lolzz
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
After s few more uncomfortable nights I woke up this morning with a pain on the left side of my neck. I am going to give up on the SaveMyFace pillow and try satin or silk pillowcases instead.

Mostly I found that I move around so much that when I get up I am using the solid center portion of the pillow and not the cutout areas. I don't see any benefit to this and I really need my sleep.
cmf

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. There is no way that pillow can be comfortable for any length of time.

Did any of you see Regis and Kelly this morning? .Kelly started to rave about satin pillowcases. She said her hair dresser recommended she sleep on a satin pillowcase. Kelly said she is and has noticed such a big difference. She told the audience, women and men, to get a satin pillowcase. She said it is great for bedhead and for wrinkles on your face. She told Regis that he absolutely had to get one.

She is absolutely right. It's the same thing my hairdresser told me. I went to A Touch Of Satin and bought the most beautiful set of satin pillowcases. You really should check them out. By the time you are 60 you will have slept for almost 20 years. Why not sleep on a pillowcase that looks beautiful on your bed and is great for your skin and hair. Google A Touch Of Satin and read about the benefits of sleeping on satin and see the amazing selections they have. You will be happy you did.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I went to the Touch of Satin website and read that it is made of "silky smooth satin material". What exactly is that? Could be polyester, in which case you can buy a yard at a fabric store and make your own pillowcase for a fraction of the cost of Touch of Satin!

I had a bad experience with the SaveYourFace pillow and ended up sending it back for a refund. Better to train yourself to sleep on your back by placing pillows under your knees and arms to simulate a LazyBoy until you get used to it! A small rolled-up towel under the nape of your neck makes it easier than a pillow too for sleeping on your back.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think when they say "silky smooth satin" they are just trying to give an image or a picture of what the material would feel like. I've seen ads for ice cream where they might say it is silky smooth. I don't take from the ad that the ice cream is made from silk. The pillowcases that I bought are not polyester and they feel beautiful and after many, many washings, it still looks and feels like the day I bought it.

You are right though when you say that you can buy satin material and make a pillowcase yourself. If you are handy with a sewing machine and have the time, then perhaps you should try it. I believe you get what you pay for and I have no complaints, but you can get satin pillowcases at Target for $7.00 and Bed, Bath and Beyond for $9.99. There are always different price points, regardless of weather you purchase a blouse, a car or a house. That's what's great. We have so many options and selections to choose from.

I believe you have some very good points and some valid tips for sleeping on your back and I think I might try them. I do think that for people who can do it, sleeping on your back is the best for your skin and your spine alignment.

Have a great weekend!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:01 am      Reply with quote
im a side slleeper n sleeping on my back is just agonizinggg!!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
im a side slleeper n sleeping on my back is just agonizinggg!!

What price beauty?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
After s few more uncomfortable nights I woke up this morning with a pain on the left side of my neck. I am going to give up on the SaveMyFace pillow and try satin or silk pillowcases instead.

Mostly I found that I move around so much that when I get up I am using the solid center portion of the pillow and not the cutout areas. I don't see any benefit to this and I really need my sleep.

Milbader, have you thought of exchanging yours for the smaller one? I have the smaller one and it really wasn't too bad getting used to. It really prevents your face from getting squished (due to the lack of contact at n/l folds) which is going to happen on a regular pillow no matter what kind of case you use. I agree that sleep is really important, but thought maybe you could contact the company and have them switch it and then if that doesn't work, get your money back.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
seems i really need a silk pillow

5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I sleep on my side/stomache and have noticed deep lines on my chest every morning! I have a feeling these will become wrinkles. Will the pillows you talk about help with this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I bought one of these weird looking pillows a couple of years ago, the Therapeutica sleeping pillow
http://ergoboy.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3914

While I don’t use it every night, it’s actually very comfortable and has lasted well, hasn’t lost its shape yet at all.

It might be useful if you’re trying to get accustomed to sleeping on your back, as once your head is in that “middle” position, you can’t really go anywhere, at least I don’t. The side sleeping position is also quite comfortable - I sometimes sleep on my side.

It’s not the most glamourous looking pillow, but it fits in a normal pillow case. Supposedly it’s recommended by the American Chiropractic Association.

I let one of my exes try it, and he really liked it. Being the perfect gentleman, he never tried to swipe it at night when I was using it, but I did notice it was always his pillow of choice for his solo afternoon nap..
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
You make me feel like a simpleton for buying all my crap at full price. I think I'm going to need to get into ebay pronto. Cellcosmet annnnd Savemyface pillow. That is most wonderful. You are going to be too beautiful for human eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
i know. thnk god for ebay! im using my save my face pillow every night and getting used to it!

have not started my cellcosmet though
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I think high thread count cotton sheets/pillow case (600+) is really effective for preventing pillow creases and causing wrinkles. Also prevents hair falling out of my head from rough pillow cases.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
German_greeneyes wrote:
I sleep on my side/stomache and have noticed deep lines on my chest every morning! I have a feeling these will become wrinkles. Will the pillows you talk about help with this?

I had the same experience, as a dedicated side sleeper with a deeply grooved, sun-damaged chest. In January, 2008, I got a Face Saver pillow (the small, I think). I use it under my neck with the ends curved upward, and then a regular pillow under my knees, on a Select Comfort bed and have actually learned to sleep on my back. (I do turn on my side at around 3:00 a.m., but spend enough of the night on my back to have allowed the chest grooves to permanently disappear. Also, when on my side, I stuff a wad of bedding between my breasts to help support the top one and prevent the grooves. I just can't sleep in a bra.)

I love the pillow in all positions and even take it traveling, as regular pillows don't keep me on my back (not sure why). I got it at www.agelessachievement.com, but it sounds from other posts like it's available from several sources. HTH.

5% products discount

Fri May 22, 2009 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I was always a side-sleeper & decided to force myself to sleep on my back after seeing how wrinkly my right side looked when I first got up.

I first bought a Tempurapedic back sleeper pillow & used that for about a year, then I did without a pillow at all. Now it's uncomfortable to turn on my side without a pillow to sink into, so I stay mainly on my back.

I also put my long hair into a loose knot on my head so it doesn't tangle...otherwise I've used silky pillowcases to keep my hair tangle-free.

5% products discount

Sun May 24, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Make sure to get charmeuse silk and not polyester when you get the pillowcases.. maybe somebody who bought from A Touch of Satin can check the tag for the material..
I also tried to sleep on my side before but I always end up on my side in the morning.. will try with a pillow under my knees tonight..
I'm getting wrinkles on my chest.. Sad
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I was recently forced to adopt back sleeping, due to really bad pains in my shoulders that were exacerbated by side sleeping. It's been helping significantly. The way I achieved it (and I've been a lifelong stomach and sider) was putting the pillow under my knees. It's very hard to turn with one there! And also takes the stress off the lower back. Make sure you use one that's not too large though, or it feels funny.

Personally I love my hair roughed up a bit in the back, as the texture/damage, allows for more body, which I like, having relatively fine blonde hair. I even started colouring (bleaching) my already blonde hair, specifically to ruin it a bit!! So, I'm not too concerned about the silk case for my hair. If you're a dedicated sider, it's probably a good idea, although I believe the weight of the head pushing down on the face could cause wrinkles, silk case or not... might help with the scrunching a bit, though.

I'm glad I've converted to the back sleeping. It meant a week of getting used to it, and having less sleep during the adjustment period, but it's worth it in the end, for my face, chest, and shoulder! Smile
arooks

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Great tip for those of you side sleepers with lines forming on you chest is to buy a night-time bra. I got mine from chestsavers dot com (not sure if there are others that sell similar products).

Yes, it looks weird, but it works. I've been using it for about a year now, and I can't go a night without it.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Got my save your face pillow and am struggling to get used to it. I feel like it concentrates a lot of pressure on your ears and neck. I used it for 1/2 the night last night so maybe I just have to get used to it Neutral

5% products discount

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Do these pillows really work?
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
So 6 days on I like it! Sleeping more on my back but when I roll over the pillow is comfy.
No obvious sleep lines but the damage is done I guess.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend trying a DreamSkin pillowcase. I find that I sleep better with it simply because its SO SOFT. Aside from that, I feel like my face is less dry when I wake up and I know loss of moisture is one of the leading cause of wrinkles. I may be convincing myself that my wrinkles have been reduced by sleeping on this pillowcase, but it sure seems so. I should have taken before and after photos...oh well, its worth a try if you're looking for a pillowcase to try.

Just google "dreamskin pillowcase" and you'll see it
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I currently have a tempurpedic pillow that I use, and I love it for neck pain! Unfortunately its not really good for the face as when I sleep on my side, my face squishes and folds on one side of my face. I think the savemyface pillow is a good one and I have put it on my christmas list lol.

I can't for the world sleep on my back, no matter how hard I try so I am definately gonna try and get this pillow.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using tempur pillow with curpon satin pillowcase. I feel it somehow works.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |