Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Which beauty pillow / anti-wrinkle pillow etc.?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
beautybee
5% products discount

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Has any one tryed this one(Mumbani) fresh face pillow, I just order one, saw it in a health magazine it was created by a mom in her forties who was bothered by her deepening wrinkles.
cortenia
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well I am curious as I am a mom in my forties too! I try to sleep on my back as I know that is best but that doesn't always work..I have tried a water pillow but I always ended up somehow under it by the end of the night..I now have a memory foam pillow and love it I usually wake up wrinkle free!! Wink

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
cortenia wrote:
Well I am curious as I am a mom in my forties too! I try to sleep on my back as I know that is best but that doesn't always work..I have tried a water pillow but I always ended up somehow under it by the end of the night..I now have a memory foam pillow and love it I usually wake up wrinkle free!! Wink

That's very curious, cortenia! What's a "water pillow"? Smile
CarpeFelis
5% products discount

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a side sleeper and just could not train myself to sleep on my back. I was developing a permanent wrinkle in one spot because of it. Got rid of that wrinkle via Juvederm, and now (17 months later) it still hasn't come back because I started using a pillow designed for CPAP users. It has cutouts on each side. It's also eliminated a problem I was having where whichever ear was mashed into the pillow would get painful. To find one just Google "CPAP pillow". I got mine from Amazon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've trained myself to sleep on my back. It took about three weeks. I'm using a Homedics pillow called a Supersoft Contoured Pillow. It has the two "bumps" one low and one high so you can flip it to find the more comfortable position. I noticed that my nasolabial folds were less deep after I started sleeping on my back. They also do a "Knee Buddy" pillow for side sleepers and one for under the knees if you sleep on your back. (I can't recall the name.) They are inexpensive and work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to mention my experience with trying to sleep on my back (which is actually quite funny)...

I have tried to train myself to sleep on my back but if it hasn't worked after what would be six months it's not going to work at all. Four of these months have been spent trying to sleep on my back which has never worked because come morning my face will be squished into the pillow.

Tried using a contoured travel pillow which always ends up either being thrown half way across the room while I'm still asleep or just ends up at the bottom of my bed.

There comes a point when one realizes they are just a natural born side sleeper, and that would be me. So after doing allot of research the savemyface pillow has to look the best. It's not cheap but it's better than sleeping with my face squished into the pillow and hurrying up the need for botox which is even more expensive.

When it comes, I'll write an update on what the pillow looks like, how much it costs, if it's comfortable, and if it's worth it. My guess is it will be worth it, it's so funny the things you buy to achieve a better appearance and the important things you manage to overlook. But yes will post an update.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Mediflow

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am      Reply with quote
A water pillow typically has a soft, hypoallergenic fiber filling supported by an easy-to-fill water pouch.

Water pillows are helpful in that they support that neck and spine by actually adjusting as the user sleeps. The waterbase shifts to fill the gap needed for cervical support and cradle the head as well...reducing the chance of waking up with neck pain.
azwildcats7
5% products discount

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend the MyFacePillow which can be found at http://www.myfacepillow.com. It works better than the Savemyface pillow, since it ensures that your entire face will be protected from wrinkles while you sleep. Also, it is less expensive.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Updates...

The boyfriend was in hysterics when he saw this pillow. He could not stop laughing for about ten minutes but after hearing me say 'I'm going to be sleeping on this pillow and not sharing yours with you' he stopped... of course that hasn't stopped him from using it all the time Razz

The pillow itself is as hard as a rock but very versatile in it's uses. I'm finally able to sleep on my side but sometimes come morning have a very soar ear. I wouldn't spend any more than $30.00AUD on it which is what it was going for on eBay.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Please don't spend money on these products, you dont need to!

I am 47, and 10 years ago started waking up with creases over my face. I heard about silk pillowslips, but they were too expensive, so I made my own out of satin - primarly, at the time, because I had just had my hair straightened and the slip of the satin keeps the hair in good shape in those first few days after the procedure when your hair is still very delicate.

Anyway, ever since then I've never had a sleep crease on my face. I think all these things - special pillows, silk etc are gimmicks. You just need that slip so that the pillowcase doesn't imprint its own creases on your face. You can buy satin fabric for pennies and make a whole bunch - I take a pillowslip on holiday when I go, and just toss it afterwards (don't want to bring any foreign creatures back into my bedroom LOL).

I am a dedicated side/stomache sleeper, I simply cannot fall asleep on my back, and two things have made a huge difference - my satin pillowslip for face and hair, and the sticky chest pads to eliminate chest creases.
lawmom
5% products discount

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think the best pillow is none at all. Carole Maggio recommends sleeping without one. Sleeping with the neck flat helps reduce double chins.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
lawmom wrote:
I think the best pillow is none at all. Carole Maggio recommends sleeping without one. Sleeping with the neck flat helps reduce double chins.

Absolutely ~ but hard to do if you have a long neck like me. Lol! I use a memory foam pillow and put two pillows under my knees. I usually always end up on my back, which is good because it eliminates pillow face and sleep lines! Smile Aprile
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot recommend the Save my Face Pillowette enough. It is quite firm but once you get past that it is quite comfortable.

I no longer wake up only to find my face squished into the pillow and all the great skincare products having been wiped off onto the pillow.

It really is a great must have whats the point using wrinkle relaxing actives when your waking up with sleep lines anyway Embarassed

I would rate this as one of my holy grail products.

TaishaCook

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:58 am      Reply with quote
hm.i don't know but i'm really skeptical of those pillows. i think if we should just try to sleep with our backs laid flat on the bed, our face will be fine. also anti-wrinkle creams like garnier and neucell reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 am      Reply with quote
TaishaCook wrote:
hm.i don't know but i'm really skeptical of those pillows. i think if we should just try to sleep with our backs laid flat on the bed, our face will be fine. also anti-wrinkle creams like garnier and neucell reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

Interesting input, what makes you skeptical of these pillows?

aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
TaishaCook wrote:

You are so right! I had the save my face pillowette which I used on top of my own pillow. You have to sleep with your head a certain way so that your face doesn't touch the pillowette and your ear sort of gets squished...very hard to get used to and basically very uncomfortable. So, while we were on vacation, I completely forgot and left it in the hotel room in Florida. I purchased a memory foam pillow recently and it craddles my head better so that I stay on my back all night. Carole Maggio is so right....your face will be wrinkle free (no sleep lines or creases) and won't wake up with a puffy, pillow face either if you sleep on your back. Also, you'll have better faacial symmetry. Sounds crazy, but it's true. ~ Aprile Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I love my pillow.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi all my name is Danielle im kind of new to these forum things but i want to share my experiences with you,
Im usually the last to know about anything but i think this time im one of the first. I thought it was just
a UK thing but Ive noticed they are now selling them worldwide.

I recieved a gift from my mother about 5 years ago called 'The Beauty Pillow' Ive used it ever since, Its a
small travel sized pillow with a satin case which you use with your normal pillows its quite unique not like the
others Ive tried before this actually works, it has drastically reduced wrinkles and sleep lines on my face.

Here some of the benefits Ive found

1) It moves with your skin meaning your skin doesnt crease preventing sleep lines and wrinkles.

2) My hair is easier to brush in the morning

3) Its a really nice feeling on your skin

Im finally happy I can share something with you all i think if you wanna judge for yourself you can find infomation
from their website
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Is it satin or silk pillow cases that work the best??
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I have the Save your face pillow and couldn't adjust to it. I like a flat pillow and this just wasn't comfortable at all, I even took part of the stuffings out and still couldn't use it. I have found something that works well for me and it is the Sobakawa Buckwheat Pillow. I bought it 15 years ago and don't know why I stopped using it....anyway I pulled it back out and find it absolutely perfect for me. I did take out some of the buckwheat to make it a little flatter. The pillow helps me be able to sleep on my back better than other pillows I have tried. Wink

5% products discount

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I use the Save my face pillow and find it amazing. I've really struggled to sleep on my back and always migrate to side sleeping, I noticed in the morning there'd be a line circling under my eye where I'd been pushing my cheek up.

I read really good things about it and whilst a little expensive I've found it to be well worth it - I no longer wake up with those annoying lines and know that I'm not causing any permanent lines.

I also use it on top of another thin pillow and it feels really comfortable.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Is it satin or silk pillow cases that work the best??

I have both, and there is no difference. They both work, satin is just a lot cheaper. I sew up spares that I take with me on holiday, and the satin is so cheap it's no big deal if I forget to pack it.

I can't sleep on my back - I have post nasal drip problems, and if I sleep on my back I will keep waking up, choking on phlegm (eeew) that collects in the back of my throat. I sleep on my stomach, with my face turned left or right. I think sleeping like this is contributing to a terrible back ache problem, but - I can't sleep on my back so I have no choice.

So I can definately vouch for the fact that satin works!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:08 am      Reply with quote
TaishaCook wrote:

Fabulous in theory but unfortunately there are some people that, for medical reasons, cannot and WILL NOT sleep on their backs. I suffer from sleep apnea and if I could actually get myself to fall asleep on my back I would most certainly not wake up the next morning or any morning thereafter. My breathing pattern is severely interrupted when I lay on my back so side sleep I must. I've had my little Save My Face Pillowette for a few years now and can't be without it. I adjusted to it rather quickly and now it feels odd to be without it.
Just having a satin pillowcase would be nice I'm sure, but it still does not negate facial pressure you receive from the actual pillow itself, doesn't matter how soft your pillow is, it is still creating pressure. Facial wrinkles are not merely caused by a rough pillowcase, they are caused by pressure from having your face smacked against a pillow too by your skin folding up on itself (think NL's) The Save My Face pillows and the like actually work by keeping your cheek area elevated and with ZERO pressure....zero pressure is the best way of preventing facial wrinkles period.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
havana8

Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
morocha wrote:
Which is the best anti-wrinkle pillow?

Thank You!
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Would the Save My Face pillow work if you start sleeping on your back and end up on your side? Or is it just for sleeping on your side? I find a start on my back, but am usually on one of my sides by morning.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |