Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which beauty pillow / anti-wrinkle pillow etc.?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Would the Save My Face pillow work if you start sleeping on your back and end up on your side? Or is it just for sleeping on your side? I find a start on my back, but am usually on one of my sides by morning.

It would seem to me it would be just fine, as long as the one you landed on when you turned was that one Wink
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm determined to learn to sleep on my back. I'm thinking of trying one of the following neck pillows:

Pillo1
* http://www.pillo1.com/ (probably my top choice but it's so expensive...it would be worth it to me, though, if it works)

Face Saver Pillow
* http://www.facesaverpillow.com/

Save My Face Pillow
* http://www.savemyface.com/

Arc4life Cervical Linear Traction Pillow
* http://www.amazon.com/Arc4life-Cervical-Linear-Traction-Pillow/dp/B0002RO3JU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_4

Therapeutica Travel Sleeping Pillow
* http://www.amazon.com/Therapeutica-Travel-Sleeping-Pillow-Petite/dp/B001QF7ZCE/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2

Natural Latex Bone Pillow
* http://www.dhgate.com/natural-latex-car-pillow-bone-pillow-mini/p-ff8080812f5756ce012f789956d91dc5.html

Pillowtex Natural Foam Bolster Pillow
* http://www.amazon.com/Pillowtex-Natural-Foam-Bolster-Pillow/dp/B0065NPHDG/ref=sr_1_65?ie=UTF8&qid=1356983135&sr=8-65&keywords=Latex+neck+pillow

Natural Latex Neck Pillow
* http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-natural-latex-Car-neck-pillow-office-chair-pillow-leisure-pillow-/251087519965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a75fb80dd

Aside from the facesaver and savemyface pillows, that already have threads on EDS, has anyone tried any of these other pillows?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone still sleep on any of the beauty pillows listed above?

Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.amazon.com/Envy-Anti-Aging-Pillow-Memory/dp/B004BPDSYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392176177&sr=8-1&keywords=envy+pillow

I'm still sleeping on my favorite pillow. I'm addicted to it. Great for sleeping on your back and for good posture alignment.

I also have a buckwheat pillow that I really like a lot. It's tiny and won't allow face wrinkles

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I love my SaveMyFace Grande pillow with a silk pillowcase on it. Im a back sleeper anyway but I scrunch it up to support my neck and fold the little "feet" under my chin to keep it propped upright. Heavenly!

http://www.savemyface.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious Fawnie - is the Grande pillow more comfortable (softer) than the little one? I left mine in Florida when we were on vacay a few years ago and never missed it because it was so hard and uncomfortable.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Grande is v soft. The website explains that the Petite has a harder spot around the ear area that the Grande does not.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Can't believe I posted that list of pillows so long ago....

I'm still struggling with finding a pillow to put under my neck to help me sleep on my back Sad

So far, I've tried:

Pillo1: Great concept. The only problem I am having is since I am petite, the neck arch is a bit too much and too stiff for me. The rest of the ergomonics are pretty good. So alas, the punchline is that it didn't quite work for me.

Save My Face Pillow (http://www.savemyface.com): I'm currently using this, which is helping me sleep on my side with less sleep lines. It definitely helps, and if you are a side sleeper, I highly recommend it. However, I still move a lot during the night and move off the pillow, so sometimes get sleep lines from that Sad I still need to learn to sleep on my back and this pillow isn't great for that.

So I will probably buy another pillow soon....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I just bought the face saver pillow. I will try that and report back Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
OK, I just bought the face saver pillow. I will try that and report back Smile

I am interested in this pillow myself because of the satin pillow case which is very appealing. Believe it or not,I have an EMF *neutralizer" pillow that is very tiny (5"x5"), but it's also satin. I usually sleep with it in the room with me and its helping with my EMF sensitivity. The other night I placed on top of my big MY Pillow when my back was bothering me and I wanted to sleep on my side for a little while. To my surprise, I woke with zero sleep wrinkles on that side. I am sure I didn't stay on my side long, but it seems like its worth a shot!! Please do report back!!! Smile
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2014 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am throwing my Save My Face pillow out. Sad

Very uncomfortable, and I simply could not adjust to it!

And I believe it makes neck wrinkles worse as you are not sleep straight.

Waste of money, IMO.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2014 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my compromise: I can't sleep on my back, due to sleep apnea - a decent night's sleep has to be my priority. I'm not overweight at all, but found myself constantly waking due to a feeling of suffication.

But I've found a better side-sleeping position: instead of 'recovery position', with the upper leg over, I trained myself to lie with the upper leg behind the lower one. Now I'm still on my side, but my face is pointing more upwards, not squished into the pillow. Putting a pillow or a bit of the duvet between my knees helps when I'm falling asleep and stops me slipping into 'recovery position'.

I wake up fairly wrinkle-free, except when I've gone back into recovery position and then definitely have extra wrinkles beside my eyes.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2014 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
cm,I still love my SaveMyFace pillow for keeping my head upright but I also make a "nest" with a lot of regular pillows for supporting my elbows, back @45ŗ and under my legs.

It looks like a LazyBoy when I get done "fixing" it each night. Like a dog, I have to get it all "just right" before plopping down, but I dont move and wake up in the same position. I do have to keep adjusting my spine to get off my tailbone occasionally but my head stays upright, not turned to the side. Eons of conditioning I guess. Wink

The Arc4Life pillow is in the pile but its too firm for my taste and its too long a distance from the edge to the inside triangle for my neck to be comfortable. Good idea for someone with a longer neck I guess.

Here's a perfect idea if you have an extra $8000USD lying about:

http://www.animicausa.com/shop/Modern-Furniture-and-Lighting/Feel-Seating-System-Deluxe/tpflypage.tpl.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently using the Envy pillow and it's pretty good, also helps with my headaches.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Great info, I'm a side sleeper too - the save my face pillow looks perfect, will probably order one soon!
HollyJoy
5% products discount

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Just saw the save my face pillow on ebay selling for around £23 + P&P - may have to treat myself to one Wink
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Hey!

Thanks for the tips Fawnie! I am still really struggling with this. So far, I think my fav is the Pillo1, followed second by Save My Face. Now the angle of the bed is my major problem, because my back gets a bit sore. I need to keep working on figuring out the right positioning.

But the sleep lines are my achilles' heel. Everything else looks great about my skin and facial tone and people think I am younger than I am. I'm really happy with the facial exercise, massage, DIY, and dietary things I do.

But the crushing my face into the pillow at night thing is just the worst and is aging me the most! I hate those sleep lines! And I know it's from bad sleep position (not a "normal" line) because if I sleep on my back even for a single night, they look so much better! And I have no other lines or sag.

I just need to keep persisting to find something that works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:03 am      Reply with quote
HollyJoy wrote:
Just saw the save my face pillow on ebay selling for around £23 + P&P - may have to treat myself to one Wink

I am selling my savemyface pillow for $30 US + shipping! In very good condition, hardly used. The case will be washed for the first time before it will be sold.
HollyJoy
5% products discount

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:05 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
HollyJoy wrote:

I am selling my savemyface pillow for $30 US + shipping! In very good condition, hardly used. The case will be washed for the first time before it will be sold.

Thanks for letting me know, unfortunately the postage/customs would probably outway any saving for me as I'm in the UK Sad
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am in Canada, I know the feeling! We always end up paying much more than our american friends:)

HollyJoy wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
HollyJoy wrote:

Thanks for letting me know, unfortunately the postage/customs would probably outway any saving for me as I'm in the UK Sad
Godess

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I enjoy sleeping on my small savemyface pillow. It is super comfortable. I sleep on my right side all the time but I never get wrinkles. I bought it on ebay for $40.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |