Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

aging/photodamaged skin (wrinkles) skin care routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:08 am      Reply with quote
hello everyone

oh no - im back Rolling Eyes sorry but im being a real pain Shock

for those that dont know. im 36 but look older. for years i suffered with anorexia. i also smoke but have been trying to stop. i am only smoking approx to cigs a day to my 20 max as before Very Happy good but not quite as good as stopping altogether.

what im looking for is a complete skin care routine to reduce wrinkles/photodamaged skin i have and to prevent new ones forming. i have lines under my eyes, crows feet, frown lines and now im starting to get the droopy lids Crying or Very sad

please could you suggest just what i should buy and start using. ive heard vit c creams are good but maybe you need to put something over this to stop any drying (my skin does feel quite dehydrated most of the time - more water i know - im trying). i am using the esthers secret mask and serum but feel i need a bit more with this.

ill be grateful for anyones help and sorry for those that im back with the same problem. i just keep getting so confused by it all and am still no where nearer as to what to purchase. also im not very well off and have wasted so much money in th past on things that are not working. i dont really want creams that only work when you put them on - i tried instant lift by before and that was awful. my eye area became stiff and when i smiled the lines looked worse (it just washed off).

pleae help Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
congrats on cutting down on fags! It really does make a difference. Before you think about skincare look on the inside. I'm guessing, but I figure haveing been anorexic will mean that you are eating a good diet now? If not you need to boost your intake of fresh fruit and veg. You also need to eat pleanty of good lean meat and oily fish. If you are a veggie, you should be able to supplement your diet with whole grains and nuts. Hemp seed and starflower oil are particularly good apparantly and superdrug do a high strenght fish oil capsule which are also cheap and good. Keep your fluid intake up...it doesn't have to be water, but try and exclude sugary and/or caffine drinks.

To help with you skin on the outside, I would go for a C serum, followed by Skinceuticals B5 gel...I know it is pricey, but your skin will love you for it! top it off with a moisturiser...DrH rose cream is looovely! really emmollient(sp). You could also use something like relaxaline beforehand, especially if the B5 gel is beyond your purse. I like this cause it has lots of hyaluronic acid in it, but the esters secret is pretty much the same so keep on with that if it works. You won't get results overnight, but with a good diet and consistant skincare it should improve. Copper peptides may be good for you too...I'm trying them out at the moment and will report back when and iff I notice anything!
So, my recs are:
C serum ...cellularskin or dianayvonne are cheap
B5 gel or relaxaline/esthers secret
DrH rose cream
nearly forgot...sunblock!
HTH, Liz Cool

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on cutting down on smoking! I bet it was hard but it WILL be worth it and your skin will thank you Smile

I would suggest that you go for a vitamin C serum as opposed to a cream. I think the choice of a vitamin C serum to an extent depends on your skin type and sensitivity. Skinceuticals vit C serums are good but tend to feel a bit tight on me (normal to combo skin) unless I apply a moisture booster over it and then moisturiser. Vivier seems to be perfect for my skin type and CellularSkinRx a tad too oily for me. In terms of moisture over the vit C serum I should look for something with hyaluronic acid in it. Skinceuticals B5 gel is good, Relaxaline and Alphaderma CE might be other good options that will also target wrinkle concerns.

HTH
Mabsy
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies

thanks again for the info. i must admit my eating is pretty ok. i do well now and eat most anything now (even cake and biscuits when i fancy them Shock )

I take vit c, glucosamine, calcium (we have osteoarthiritis in my family and with my eating disorder i have put myself at a higher risk) eveing primrose oil.

so as i am using the ES mask and serum at the moment am i right in saying that i should just look at purchasing a vit c (do i need a seperate one for the eyes and rest of the face???) and then something like the B5 (again is this for both the face and eye area or do i need separate). should i be following a different routine for night

many thanks

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I use C serums and B5/Hyaluronic acid formulations every where. Go easy round your eyes though as you may be sensitive to the C serum. I think a good moisturising cream like the DrH rose may be good too. You can do the same in the PM, but most people just use C in the daytime. I use Copper peps at night, but I can't recommend them (yet!). If you are at risk of osteoarthritis use fish oil supps as well as the other stuff...good for joints, skin and brains...which reminds me...must take mine! (need all the help I can get at the mo!)

Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use a separate C serum for the eyes and the face. I think my skin is probably at the stage where it can handle a higher concentration of C around the eye area but I don't think it could handle a 20% one. Basically, as the skin around the eye area is more sensitive you should look to get a lower concentration of vit C for that area. You'll also find that the different C serums will feel different. Some of them tend to sting a bit (cellex-C) because of their pH level, whereas some do not sting at all (Vivier in my case).
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I'm sorry, you sound so fed up with the way you look. I know how you feel. I felt the same way a few years ago when I was about your age and I tried all kinds of things which I couldn't really afford. These are the only 3 things I'm still doing now and I can recommend all of them.

Copper peptideswww.skinbio.com - I've been using them for about 5 years now and while I sometimes try other more expensive products I always return to skinbio. I think my skin is plumper and healthier than when I started using it. It won't give a miracle cure for wrinkles, but it does seem to improve things generally.

I know you want skincare advice, but have you thought about facial exercises? Eitherwww.facercise.com orwww.flexeffect.com I've been using selected exercises from both for many years now. You have to experiment with it to find what is right for your particular wrinkle problems, but it's definitely done a lot for me.

And then there's facial massage. In fact I hardly exercise my face at all these days. I only need to do occasional maintenance exercises. Most days I just massage, but in a tough way. This really plumps up the muscles underneath and increases the circulation to the skin.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Molly
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey molly and welcome!
Glad to hear you have been happy with the CPs...I just got some 2 weeks ago ...it was hard, I love my fancy packaging, but I tell myself that they MUST be good! I think I am beginning to see some sign of the 'uglies'...skin looking a little crepy so hopefully by new year I will be looking amazing:D BTW, I'm using the CP serum, is it normal for it to smell so awful?

Sorry to have hi-jacked the thread Sally Embarassed

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to continue the hijack, but I have just started reading up on people's reviews of CPs and have noticed that people mention an increase in pigmentation (which is supposed to go away after a while). Guapagirl, I know you would have done your research Smile, do you know why the temporary creepyness and pigmentation occurs?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guapagirl (What's a guapa?)

Different people seem to have a different reaction to the smell. I just went and smelt the serum and it just seems a little medicinal to me. But then I got my mother using PR3 and she says it really makes her gag. Sometimes there's a bit of a 'mouldy' smell to it.

Don't worry, I still indulge from time to time. You don't have to throw away all your fancy stuff. I've been obsessed with skin stuff for years, but I always use the miracle cures alongside the CP now. I think I've got my urges under control, but I will be buying myself some relaxaline for Christmas.

And Sally, I forgot to mention why I was suggesting facial exercises. I don't think sun damage is an enormous issue in England (I'm from London) not as serious as say for a New Zealander. The reason I suggested exercises is maybe because of the annorexia you have lost tissue - this can build up the tissues underneath the skin again. I was very thin from overwork and stress and it made me look tired that's why I started them.

I think some people mention crepiness and increased pigmentation from the CPs at first because it's sort of bringing these problems to the surface because of skin renewal or it might be that they just start off using CPs that are too strong for them at first. Best to start slowly, you can get a bad reaction. I went from PR classic to PR3 and to the 'super-super-whatever it's called' and even after years of use that gave me a bad reaction and I had to move back a peg. And my skin's not sensitive at all after so many years of experiments!

See you
Molly
Mabsy

Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for explaining that Molly and welcome to the forum Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Cheers for that Molly Smile And thanks for the clear explanation of why I'll get the uglies...bit less convoluted than I'd have put it! Laughing

My name is ironic in a post modern way as I am neither a girl nor am I guapa. Guapa is a spanish word meaning cute or pretty. I used it, as 5 years ago me and a friend thought it would be a great idea to start up a review site of skincare and make-up. The idea was that we'd eventually get sent so many top end products that we'd be super glam Laughing
Unfortunatly guapa.com was taken at the time and we both rejoined the real world and got jobs Rolling Eyes The name is a hangover from those days...I use it on other forums as well Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly and everyone else

thanks for the advice. i have been thinking about facial exercises so i will have a look at these and start off by doing some every day.
hopefully i will get there. i just need to decide on which other creams to go for to firm the under eye area and reduce wrinkles now. decisions decisions - im just so confused but do appreciate all your help

thanks

sally
xxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello Sally

I'm glad you're going to try the face exercises. I really think they can help a lot.

But before you go and splash out on books and videos someone just posted up links to some free exercises over in the salon under "is facial exercise any good?" so you can try (a few at least) before you buy.

Good luck

Molly
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |