Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lumigan/Latisse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I made a post years ago (2005) about wanting thicker eyebrows. Yea it has been a while since my last visit.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=47551&highlight=lantarapost#47551

In that post I mentioned about lantanoprost which is a topical medication for glaucoma. The brand name is Xalatan and the side effects are permanent dark eyelashes and thickening of eyelashes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latanoprost

I didn't get any responses relating to it despite the potential of the medication to make it a cosmetic drug. I've used the Lucia and Ardell first which didn't work much. I have been using Rogaine for years now with good results but my eyebrows seemed to plateau and It's still not thick enough as I want them to be. I want to change my regimen. Revitalash, according to what I've read, worked for eyebrows too but they are uber expensive. I just learned that the product contained a similar glaucoma medication called bimatoprost

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimatoprost

FDA has recently prevented bimatoprost-containing cosmetic products to be sold so that was the end of Revitalash (maybe they should change their formulation to contain lantanoprost or travoprost instead). Fortunately, Allergan's Lumigan glaucoma eyedrops is now available as Latisse for cosmetic use. I read here that some use the Talika Lipocils with good results and also the Skinactives KGF. Maybe use them together with Rogaine for best results? Xandrox15 Plus is the best minoxidil solution but it's too expensive.

http://www.minoxidil.com/subpages/products/products.php?c

Will the Latisse and KGF be available on EDS? I still have the $50 certificate I won years back and hope to use it. I hope it's still good.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I recently bought Lumigan online at alldaychemist. Lumigan is the generic name for Latisse. It is made by Allergan and contains bimatoprost. Search the forum for Lumigan and you will find a wealth of info. I was very pleased with my Lumigan purchase - $27, including extremely fast shipping and great customer service. No Rx required. I loved the RevitaLashMD line, but when the formula changed, I saw no results from the new product, and began using Jan Marini's eyelash product. That works, and apparently, so does the Lumigan, and it's MUCH more economical. I also have the KGF from SkinActives. It does cause new hair growth in areas where there was hair before. IMO, Lumigan would provide faster results; KGF would help the entire eye area. The KGF growth factor also thickens thin skin around the eye. Hope this helps!! Judy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. I have a question, which I just need some others experience. I've been using Latisse for 2 weeks and some mornings my actual eyeball feels like there's a little something in it. Not everyday. I've had no redness or any other symtom. I don't wear contacts and am not used to this feeling. I'm doing the Latisse for my upcoming September wedding and hope I don't have to quit! Any input would be appreciated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Some have complained about dry eye. So maybe buying some artificial tears to help replenish your own if it dries them out. Also the Lumigan can dry out your lashes so using an oil of some sort to moisturize them too. I use Emu Oil.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Wenrwdy! It might be dry eyes that make them feel this way. I have some "tears" eye drops and will try it. Very good idea!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 am      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:
I made a post years ago (2005) about wanting thicker eyebrows. Yea it has been a while since my last visit.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=47551&highlight=lantarapost#47551

In that post I mentioned about lantanoprost which is a topical medication for glaucoma. The brand name is Xalatan and the side effects are permanent dark eyelashes and thickening of eyelashes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latanoprost

I didn't get any responses relating to it despite the potential of the medication to make it a cosmetic drug. I've used the Lucia and Ardell first which didn't work much. I have been using Rogaine for years now with good results but my eyebrows seemed to plateau and It's still not thick enough as I want them to be. I want to change my regimen. Revitalash, according to what I've read, worked for eyebrows too but they are uber expensive. I just learned that the product contained a similar glaucoma medication called bimatoprost

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimatoprost

FDA has recently prevented bimatoprost-containing cosmetic products to be sold so that was the end of Revitalash (maybe they should change their formulation to contain lantanoprost or travoprost instead). Fortunately, Allergan's Lumigan glaucoma eyedrops is now available as Latisse for cosmetic use. I read here that some use the Talika Lipocils with good results and also the Skinactives KGF. Maybe use them together with Rogaine for best results? Xandrox15 Plus is the best minoxidil solution but it's too expensive.

http://www.minoxidil.com/subpages/products/products.php?c

Will the Latisse and KGF be available on EDS? I still have the $50 certificate I won years back and hope to use it. I hope it's still good.

I really don't think EDS will be able to carry Latisse. You can only get it by prescription from a doctor as far as I know. That's why many of us are using the glaucoma drug Lumigan from Alldaychemist. You don't need a prescription to buy it there.

I just started using Lumigan about two week ago. I will hopefully start to notice some results soon.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I've hit the one month mark of Latisse use and definitely notice a difference. My eyelashes are longer everywhere. Actually, I don't want them any longer but would love a little more thickness. I'm still on my first bottle and wondering how long the 30 day supply will last. No more itchiness. I'll check back nest month!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm checking back at the month and a half mark. Yes, my eyelashes are longer, but not any thicker or darker. I still need mascara.I don't think my eyes look any better. Maybe I was expecting too much. Any one else feel this way? I'll check back in a few weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I've hit the one month mark of Latisse use and definitely notice a difference. My eyelashes are longer everywhere. Actually, I don't want them any longer but would love a little more thickness. I'm still on my first bottle and wondering how long the 30 day supply will last. No more itchiness. I'll check back nest month!

Did you apply the product every night?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I'm checking back at the month and a half mark. Yes, my eyelashes are longer, but not any thicker or darker. I still need mascara.I don't think my eyes look any better. Maybe I was expecting too much. Any one else feel this way? I'll check back in a few weeks.

Hi c4ward,
I'm at the 7 wk mark with my Lumigan from ADC. Some long curly lashes here and there, but no thickening and I still need to wear mascara too. But when I do, I notice that the lashes are quite long now. So sticking with it every nite!
Are you using it just on the top lashes? Using any oil with it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I was using the Ardell/Mavala growth enhancers for two months prior to starting Lumigan nearly 3 weeks ago.

I had some thickness, slight darkness and some length from the first two already - and still use them in a.m. (Lumigan p.m.).

My lashes look thicker than they did several weeks back. Now, this may be due to continued use of the Ardell/Mavala - or is it also due to the Lumigan?

Other than that, I have several curlies coming in - as well as some strangely angled lashes!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. Thanks for all the answers. Yes, I do it every night and mark it off on my calendar. I just started using it on the lower lashes two weeks ago. I guess I was hoping more for thickness and color. For anyone who wants long lashes, it definitely works. I'm still on my first bottle at the 1.5. month mark and think it's because I use a Paula Dorf Fine Eyeliner brush instead of the horrible brushes that come with it. I'm going to do it for three months and then decide. So far, for me, it's not a must have like I thought it would be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I just went back and read the posts. No, I don't use oil with it. Do you have any suggestions? Why use oil?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Sorry, I just went back and read the posts. No, I don't use oil with it. Do you have any suggestions? Why use oil?

Hi, Lumigan doesn't always seem to condition the lashes. Its purpose is just to grow them - so a lot of us are using some kind of oil or one of the cheaper lash enhancing products to condition the lashes as well. Either use them at the opposite end of the day to when you use Lumigan - or wait at least 5 minutes after using Lumigan and then apply some oil etc.
Why don't you go to the 'Lumigan for eyelash growth' thread here at eds? You'll get loads more helpful info. Good Luck.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - It took two months for the skin reaction I had to finally stop. Shock i have been afraid to try it again.
Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I started using the lattise on 4/28. All I can say is WOW. I use a very thin liner brush with it and not those fat brushes that come with it. When you use a very thin brush you don't waste product and you can target just the eyelashes and not the skin on your eyelid. This bottle has lasted me since the above date and I still have a little less then half. I think you can make a bottle last if you use the right brush. Right now my cosmetic surgeon (for botox) has it on sale for $89 because of the economy. He's probably paying the same price as what folks are getting it at alldaychemist. I'm to chicken to order from India. With my luck I'd get a bad batch or they would send me something I didn't order..
That's what usually happens to me Rolling Eyes .
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
ok glutton for punishment that i am- I put it on again two nights ago. And I am planning on putti git tomorrow, too. I think I will try it three nights a week to see what happens.
Rolling Eyes
hopefully not what happened before. Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
vegas gal...I am in no way trying to talk you into doing something you think is unsafe...I just wanted to let you and anyone else know I have made 3 orders from adc and they have always come quickly, well packed, and with all of the correct items that are within a good date. The Lumigan is ACTUAL lumigan...not anything er...weird or off looking. I had also ordered lumigan before from inhousepharmacy and had the same experience except their price was a bit more and the shipping took FOREVER (okok, 3 weeks)....it came from Vanuatu which I believe is out in the pacific islands near new zealand. They worked fine for me if anyone wanted to know...the lumigan on ADC is like $12-something!!! People are paying well over $100 for Latisse Shock omg, I can't imagine
torello

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been using the latisse and have been really happy with it until about a week ago when i noticed a gap in my lashes on one eye, it looks like i lost quite a few lashes in one area. I'm wondering if i can use the Ardell lash accelerator AND the latisse. Has anyone done this??
Gini
5% products discount

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
There have been many posts re: use of Latisse. You might try doing a search and read what others have to say about their experiences. I had to stop because I have light eyes and the color was changing. Somehow I was getting it in my eyes. I experienced no loss of lashes and indeed had growth. I use the NOTH eyelash serum now and am having good results.
Good luck with your search.
G
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
torello wrote:
Hi, I've been using the latisse and have been really happy with it until about a week ago when i noticed a gap in my lashes on one eye, it looks like i lost quite a few lashes in one area. I'm wondering if i can use the Ardell lash accelerator AND the latisse. Has anyone done this??

torello - Sometimes you have to use these products through an entire growth cycle to get things in sync.

I'm wondering if i can use the Ardell lash accelerator AND the latisse. ..... I've heard of some posters have done this - alternating the products. You can also try Castor oil to condition the lashes.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |