Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skinceuticals A.G.E. Interrupter
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
From skinceuticals site
A.G.E. Interrupter is specifically formulated to improve the creping, thinning appearance of mature skin caused by intrinsic or internal aging processes such as glycation.

Glycation occurs when excess glucose molecules stick to collagen and elastin fibers, eventually binding them together and leading to the formation of Advanced Glycation End-products (A.G.E.). Glycated collagen and elastin fibers lose the ability to function normally, and the body cannot break them down and replace them, which leads to severe wrinkling of the skin.

Technology

4% blueberry extract

Slows down the process of A.G.E. formation, preventing the rigidification (hardening and stiffening) of collagen and elastin fibers
Normalize MMP-1 to help protect non-glycated collagen types IV and VII from erosion
Stimulates procollagen I and III (extra-cellular matrix components)

30% Proxylane - unprecedented concentration

Stimulates GAG synthesis, restoring water and nutrient content in the D.E.J. to increase elasticity and thickness ó as if the skinís mattress has been re-inflated from the inside
Improves dermal-epidermal anchorage by remodeling tissue structure (keeps skin tightly connected and less prone to gravityís pull)

0.2% Phytosphingosine

Helps protect the skinís barrier to alleviate the discomfort associated with dry, aging skin
Facilitates the skinís natural barrier repair process

This is a new product marketed for mature skin and is supposed to restore density , has anyone tried it?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
i saw this on ebay and was wondering if anyone has used this before!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
This contains Bismuth - just an FRI to those senstive to bismuth.
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
We use this at the spa I work at, I've been applying it to my neck and decollete regularly to see if I notice a difference. I have thin & slightly crepe-y skin on my neck. I haven't been doing this long enough to comment on the efficacy but I can say that the texture is super nice, rich but absorbs completely, and it doesn't break me out at all. I am SUPER DUPER sensitive too!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
This product sounds nice and just wanted to bump it and see if anyone has had results with it?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I have been waiting for more reviews of this product aswell. Hopefully others have used this
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this, any results?
Thanks.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried the SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter, but have been using the related eye product for about 1 month now, the SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex (cream). I was using previous to this the SkinCeuticals Eye Balm for a few years, but switched to the newer product to try it out.

I use it at night only (because I use the Easy Eye Solutions Eye Tuck in morning). A.G.E. keeps my undereye area moist and has really cut down on the under-eye puffyness I usually wake up with in the morning. So far I have been very happy with it and have no plans on gonig back to the SkinCeuticals Eye Balm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Foolish me, I bought this product, seeing it was listed on the skinceuticals regime/site for "sensitive skin." Now that I have it and used it, I realize it's SCENTED. Er, people with sensitive skin usually can't put perfume on their face. Because they're .... sensitive.
WASTE of money.
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just placed an order about a week ago...now I'm a little bit concerned.
Let you know how it works once I receive it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
That's strange. I have been using SkinCeuticals products for over 5 years and none of the products I use have any scent other than medicinal and in fact, the CE Ferulic Serum smells like Hot Dogs. Laughing

Are you sure the A.G.E. face cream is scented? I will check my A.G.E. eye cream when I get home tonight and see if it smells. I went to the SkinCeuticals site and don't see any mention of fragrance or fragrance-free.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
That's strange. I have been using SkinCeuticals products for over 5 years and none of the products I use have any scent other than medicinal and in fact, the CE Ferulic Serum smells like Hot Dogs. Laughing

Are you sure the A.G.E. face cream is scented? I will check my A.G.E. eye cream when I get home tonight and see if it smells. I went to the SkinCeuticals site and don't see any mention of fragrance or fragrance-free.

from skinstore.com
ingredients for SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter
Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenosyethanol, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Acrylates Copolymer, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA,Parfum/Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love skinceuticals C+E, will have to give this product a try! Smile
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just received A.G.E Interrupter and Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel. This gel is supposed to be used after Vit C and it says that makes miracles.
Today is my first day ...hope it works
No smell for the A.G.E......

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I checked my A.G.E. Eye cream and it does not have any scent that I can smell. I emailed SkinCeuticals to ask them what is the fragrance listed in the A.G.E. ingredient listing and waiting to hear back from them. I know the product contains Blueberry extract, but not sure if that would be considered fragrance (or parfum) as listed in the ingredient listing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Actually I tried it a while ago but didnt notice any difference. Maybe a longer trial would work?
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
I checked my A.G.E. Eye cream and it does not have any scent that I can smell. I emailed SkinCeuticals to ask them what is the fragrance listed in the A.G.E. ingredient listing and waiting to hear back from them. I know the product contains Blueberry extract, but not sure if that would be considered fragrance (or parfum) as listed in the ingredient listing.

The A.G.E. eye cream is unscented. The face cream is scented. I emailed Skinceuticals complaining about the "parfum" in a sensitive skin product. Response, so far: none.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
misssalvina wrote:
Just received A.G.E Interrupter and Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel. This gel is supposed to be used after Vit C and it says that makes miracles.
Today is my first day ...hope it works
No smell for the A.G.E......

"fragrance" is one of the ingredients.
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
you guys are right. When I smelled it I couldn't detect the smell, but once I applied it , it sure has a light scent.
The consistency is kind of weird and not moisturizing enough(have dry skin).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Jakee,

I still haven't heard back from SkinCeuticals. This is what I get for being a loyal customer of SkinCeutidals for 5 years Laughing

I emailed them on Friday, so I guess they may work on a business day schedule. I will post back when I get their response.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
Jakee,

I still haven't heard back from SkinCeuticals. This is what I get for being a loyal customer of SkinCeutidals for 5 years Laughing

I emailed them on Friday, so I guess they may work on a business day schedule. I will post back when I get their response.

Very Happy

I certainly hope they get back to you asap, that's the right CS response.

This is a pet peeve of mine, I don't have sensitive skin but even fragrance face creams then to set my allergic/sensitive eyes off with a vengeance. I would prefer the "natural" odor of the product rather than a perfume no matter how light the scent. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:

I have emailed them several times, and they seem to take a few days to a week to reply.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I received an email response today from SkinCeuticals regarding the Age Interrupter:

-----------------------------------------

Subject SkinCeuticals Ė Product Inquiries

From service@skinceuticals.com

Date Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:27 am

To xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.net

Thank you for contacting SkinCeuticals. The AGE Interrupter is going to have an aroma to it but it is from the natural botanical extracts used to make the product. Nothing has been added to create the aroma. I am attaching the ingredient deck just in case you would like to show it to your skin care professional. Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 1-800-771-9489. Have a great day.

Customer Service

-------------------------------------

The Ingredent Deck they attached to the email is the ingredent listing that Jakee posted above.

Even though they did not add a "synthetic fragance oil" to the product, hopefully the "botanicals" that result in the fragrance are not irritating to people with sensitive skin.

On a side note, I just ordered (2) new products from SkinCeuticals today: Retexturing Activator (a serum that has 20% glycolic acid in a hyaluronic base) and also their new sunblock called Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50. I look forward to trying these 2 new products. Smile

5% products discount

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love SkinCeuticals products. I'll have to try this one, but I'll wait a while to hear more about it. Did anyone else know that SkinCeuticals is a branch (or owned by) Loreal? That worries me a bit. I usually don't enjoy their products.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:18 am      Reply with quote
jimstark51 wrote:
I love SkinCeuticals products. I'll have to try this one, but I'll wait a while to hear more about it. Did anyone else know that SkinCeuticals is a branch (or owned by) Loreal? That worries me a bit. I usually don't enjoy their products.

That's a real bugbear of mine: huge companies buying up smaller ones. You can never guarantee that they won't dilute the effective ingredients, "improve" (ie ruin) the formulation, or even stop producing things at all. L'Oreal, along with Evil Lauder, are two of the worst culprits in the beauty industry. I must admit, I'd be worried, too.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz) NuFace Gel Primer 24K Gold Complex - Firm (2 oz)