Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A silly question.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
huihui
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Do I still need to wear sunblock lotion even if I stay indoorr all day? Thanks.
Caspers Mum

Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Actually, this is a good question that you've posed, as I'm sure that other Forum readers have wondered the same thing at one point or another.

The answer to your question is, YES, you do need a sunscreen every day! Please realize that UVA/UVB rays penetrate through windows - whether they be at home or in a car. Dermatologists recommend using an SPF of at least 15 every day. Obviously, if you're not too active and limit your exposure, this should suffice. If you're going to be out & about, remember to reapply often, and perhaps boost your spf level to a 30.Cool
huihui
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Your reply really changed my daily skincare routine. This morning I remembered to wear spf15 sunblock lotion. Feel safer now!Very Happy
I place my decleor order two days ago. So exicted to try brand new product line.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I had exact the same question but dare not to ask. You are the brave one, huihui. 'Cause we have a skylight kitchen, it seems we spend all day outdoor. Now I know it's not a waste to wear my Max Tinted Protective Day Cream SPF 30 from Peter Thomas Roth every single day. Thanks again, huihui and Caspers Mum.
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love skin products that have spf in them so I don't have to think about putting it on.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
a different opinion....

the only time i would be that consistant with sunscreen usage is if i suffered with melasma.

I'm one of those folks that does not wear sunscreen daily. I don't bask in the sun - actually prefer the shade.
When I'm out in the woods/garden for long periods of time I opt for a physical sunscreen.
otherwise, I take my vit c, wear my copper on my skin and a brimmed hat (my eyes are very sensitive to the sun) - or my copper covered by mmu.

I think, in general, a little sun is good for you.
of course there are exceptions - people with pigmentation issues and melasma should be more protected imho.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
bubbleoffplumb wrote:
a different opinion....

the only time i would be that consistant with sunscreen usage is if i suffered with melasma.

I'm one of those folks that does not wear sunscreen daily. I don't bask in the sun - actually prefer the shade.
When I'm out in the woods/garden for long periods of time I opt for a physical sunscreen.
otherwise, I take my vit c, wear my copper on my skin and a brimmed hat (my eyes are very sensitive to the sun) - or my copper covered by mmu.

I think, in general, a little sun is good for you.
of course there are exceptions - people with pigmentation issues and melasma should be more protected imho.

I tend to agree with you, bubbleoffplumb, because I used to be a die-hard sunscreen user. I mean, really hard core. Now, I've down-graded to the Dr. Hauschka SPF 8 because I suffer from slight SAD and need that little bit of exposure. Agreed, however, that those with particular issues requiring everyday usage should comply.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
gottahaveit...ALL

I just realized this thread was started in july!

but, it's a good thing the "moderation" folk are represented.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that we do need the sun or we would be at risk for osteoporosis, but I figure that the sun does reach my hands and arms anyway. That's enough for me Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |