Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Should I get botox for under the eye area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I just noticed that when I smile, I get crepiness under my eyes. This is so weird! I'm freaking out. Should I get botox to make the muscles under the eyes relax? Help!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Bira - I just had it done in that area a little over a month ago and don't think it did a thing for that area. It worked great for the crows feet area and forehead, but not under the eyes. This is my first experience with botox though so others may have a different experience.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Which muscle would they shoot the botox into?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Which muscle would they shoot the botox into?

On me it was the area where the top of the cheek meets the undereye area. I believe the injection was actually in the cheek itself, just at the very top so it had a mild effect on the lower eyelid. I didn't have any loss of function like you do on the forehead, but just couldn't squeeze my eyes tightly shut creating wrinkles. If that makes sense.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
If you have any bags under the eyes, Botox there can make them pop out more.

You may also want to just try a super hydrating eye cream. Some of the lines could be from dehydration.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
So, if it where in the cheek, I would then expect the cheek to atrophy? (this is a guess, ZERO expereince) But with an atrophied cheek, I'd then expect NL lines and generally sagging to start... That would actually scare me away a LOT...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had it under the eye..it didnt do anything but works well in the crows feet area.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tamgirl and Lucyluc for letting me know botox was not too helpful for you in the undereye area. It sounds like botox is not going to solve my problem. Drat! Sad
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:13 am      Reply with quote
seabliss wrote:
If you have any bags under the eyes, Botox there can make them pop out more.

You may also want to just try a super hydrating eye cream. Some of the lines could be from dehydration.

Great! I think I'll try super hydrating eye cream. Any suggestion? Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:13 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
So, if it where in the cheek, I would then expect the cheek to atrophy? (this is a guess, ZERO expereince) But with an atrophied cheek, I'd then expect NL lines and generally sagging to start... That would actually scare me away a LOT...

oooh no sagging! That would not be good. Confused
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I just thought of something. I have just started doing the Ageless exercises. Could that be why I'm getting the crepiness? But I don't recall any exercise that was touching my undereye area!
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
As far as I know botox is not made for under the eyes, only lines created by facial muscles i.e. laugh lines (forehead, nose to mouth lines, crows feet). Under eye lines are not caused by these muscles and therefore cannot be treated this way. You need to consider things like microdermabrasion, good eye creams, maybe even peels I suppose...I did once try having botox to cure under eye lines and it did absolutely nothing! Don't waste your money unless you want to remove crows feet etc.....instead get a good eye cream and use sun screen and vitamin C!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

No, it was just one unit on each side and at the very tip top of the cheek, perhaps even technically above it. My cheeks didn't have any paralyzation or atrophy. The only thing I noticed in this area was that I couldn't squint this part of my eye tightly shut. Blinking yes, squeezing the eyelids tightly shut no.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Tam, that makes me think the would shoot into the orbicularis Oculi... Hmm... I guess this is a "to each his/her own" area... I don't PERSONALLY like that idea either...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Bira... Yes, it's possible, that your exercises have instigated the TEMPORARY crepeniess. Often a sign that you're getting things changing and moving... I'd ask LouLou about it... but from an FE standpoint, we find that people that haven't handled their face in forever, respond by showing the newly added stress...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I say go for it , I did it and it really helped, but I think it depends on the tecnique of the person giving it
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Update - last night while going through my stash of samples, I found Perricone MD ultra hydrating cream. I tried that after cleansing my face. Hmm...smelled a little funny BUT this morning, the crepiness under my eyes was reduced by at least half if not more. Either that, or I did not do my facial exercise last night. I'm going to have to track this carefully to see what's really responsible for the crepiness under the eyes.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
The risk of injecting Botox in the inner eye area is "drifting" to the levator muscle for the mouth. I have had a small amount injected into the undereye area and it didn't do anything. I have mild crepiness in this area. It was not exacerbated by Ageless. I used Dermalastyl for two months (useless) and am now using Retin-A to thicken the dermis. I would say that I am noticing a teeny improvement so far, but have only been using the Retin-A for two weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Hey there,
I had botox directly under the eye (about 2cm below) and I did notice an improvement. I was left with a little bruise, but I covered that up with a touch of concealer. I guess it doesnt work for everyone, but I was happy with the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Stephanie, What part of the undereye was it? I'm intrigued now...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting - Actually what Claudia said about a possible domino effect (downward) sag due to an inability to use the upper! muscles makes sense (at least in theory - over time).

I don't see how botox will get rid of a crepey look of the skin though. That seems more product related or maybe you need to massage the area (or retin a as Antonia suggested) to thicken the area. I massage the beejusus around my eye. (pinching the skin lighly) - Is that okay Claudia!?? Shock
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Sister... I myself massage the heck out my under eye skin, as well as my eyelids and surrounding area... The experience of myself and other flexers is that it truly thickens the skin...

I do believe that the skin can show signs of stress when you first start... and many say it freaks them out... but those that persist always report back satisfaction.

I agree, it seems counter intuitive to smooth out crepe skin by paralyzing the muscle. (I get how it softens actual lines)... I would actually expect to need a filler to bulk the area to smooth is out... if you're going to go with a needle, that's what I would check out...not my area of expertise even remotely...

5% products discount

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I had major smile lines under my eyes, 2 weeks ago I had fat injected into my cheeks (the front of cheeks right under the eyes) and surprisingly it cured my smile lines too!! I guess that upper cheek area got plumper and the under eye skin is now tighter so I got bonus result!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:
I had major smile lines under my eyes, 2 weeks ago I had fat injected into my cheeks (the front of cheeks right under the eyes) and surprisingly it cured my smile lines too!! I guess that upper cheek area got plumper and the under eye skin is now tighter so I got bonus result!

Can you please tell me more about the fat injected into your cheeks? First how much does it cost? Second how long will it last? Where did they get fat from?
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
My original intent was to inject fat into my eyelids to fix the "hollow" eyes. Since I would need to go thru fat harvesting anyway, then I thought, why not fix the cheeks at the same time?
The costs was around $4100 for both places and around $3000 for the cheeks alone. The doctor told me the fat would last a few years and because I was doing two places, it was cheaper to inject fat than restylane sub-q (I needed 4cc per cheek and restylane sub-q costs over $4000 for just the cheeks). Besides, $4000 for something that would last only a few months is not justified to me, I'd rather go for the more 'invasive" option.

The entire surgery experience was much better than I expected. It involved a minor liposuction on my left thigh, my doctor used laser assisted method and there was no pain at all during course of suction and I was only slightly sedated. The local anaesthesia injections were nothing on the thigh and I was even joking with the doctor asking him why it wasn't painful at all.

The only pain was the numbing injections on the cheeks and eyes. But after they are numb it wasn't so bad.

Before I had this surgery I was just like you thinking of getting botox under the eyes, I hated my under eye lines so much. I mean I still have some when I smile but there is only like 10% left. Now I'm happy with nice natural looking cheeks and nice eyes with no smile lines Smile I'm not sure if this would happen to everyone though.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |