Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Instant cheekbone filler, led light and face exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I just had the most amazing treatment done its a new filler called teosyal and it was injected through my mouth up onto my cheekbones from the inside

i now have instant cheekbones and it is meant to last 12-15 months,i am really happy with it as i have been doing face exercises for 1 year to help with building my cheeks but although it gave me a bit more muscle it cant add to the cheekbones and my whole face seems to have lifted as a result of it

but now i am worried that if i carry on my face exercises (ageless and flex effect) that it will make the filler go more quickly, does anyone have any experience of this?

also ive been using led light (prolight) will that affect my filler too? and if so would it be ok to use on other areas of my face?

also same with clarisonic? thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I bet a call to Rita @ ProLight would give you an answer to all those questions.. She can advise you specifically regarding how/when/if to use the LED after the filler..

Please tell more about the cheek filler, it sounds great.. Did it hurt? Was it expensive? Does it look natural and symetrical?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
but now i am worried that if i carry on my face exercises (ageless and flex effect) that it will make the filler go more quickly, does anyone have any experience of this?

Facial exercises definitely caused my Juvederm Ultra Plus to dissipate faster.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
You should definitely ask the doctor who injected you, if you haven't already.
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy i will ask Rita about the prolight i didnt think of that!

the filler is really good its meant to last 15 months it looks really natural just like i have more prominent cheekbones!
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany thats a real shame that we have to choose between fillers and face exercises!

i was loving the results of ageless and flexeffect, do you think i could get away with exercising the rest of my face just not the place where the filler is?
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
BBD i asked the doctor about face exercises and he just laughed at me and said i am wasting my time and now that ive had this done i dont need to do them any more i dont think doctors like to think there is something we can do for ourselves which we dont have to pay them for!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
BBD i asked the doctor about face exercises and he just laughed at me and said i am wasting my time and now that ive had this done i dont need to do them any more i dont think doctors like to think there is something we can do for ourselves which we dont have to pay them for!

Not surprised by the answer of your doctor. We often give doctors credit for knowing more than they are trained to know. More than likely he is not familiar with facial exercise at all and has the textbook answer he learned in dermatology or PS school. Unless they branch out due to their own interest doctor's learn what the school's curriculum has in mind (as they find pertinent to their profession) and usually that's going to be procedural and in most cases what is going to bring money into the practice.

I dated a surgeon for three years and people used to ask him nutritional advice all the time and he knew nothing more than the average bear knows but would never admit that to his patients. So at least your doctor spoke his truth.

I would imagine face exercise would much more rapidly diminish your results. You are making the tissues more metabolically active - manipulating the tissues, more blood flow, .... I would bet massage would be a bad idea as well. Isn't that unfortunate? And then by not doing your Facial exercise you lose the benefits you've worked hard to build up.

I'm going to get a botox injection in the 11's next week. and leave the rest of my face completely alone. I do forehead exercises at most once a week maybe and I do massage but I think paralysis of the muscle (via botox) seems to work differently than the injection of fillers. We'll see.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There... It seems that people have noticed their fillers go away a bit faster when doing exercises... than not...

You did prove however, that lifting the cheeks lifts other areas... rather than lose the benefits from your filler, I'd probably just exercise the other areas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
I just had the most amazing treatment done its a new filler called teosyal and it was injected through my mouth up onto my cheekbones from the inside

i now have instant cheekbones and it is meant to last 12-15 months,i am really happy with it as i have been doing face exercises for 1 year to help with building my cheeks but although it gave me a bit more muscle it cant add to the cheekbones and my whole face seems to have lifted as a result of it

I'm just wondering why you are wanting to bother with the daily drudgery of facial exercise, if you got such a spectacular overnight result from this filler, which seems to have done, what 1 year of exercise did not?

Would you mind sharing how much it cost you? Also, was it painful?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I had my cheeks injected with one of the newer thicker fillers (sorry, can't remember the name) just before I went away at Christmas time. The cost was AUD$1,800 (ridiculous!) and it was supposed to last over 12 months. It lasted for TWO. During this time, I was overseas and was not doing any exercises or using any gadgets.

Of course, when I returned home I went back to the clinic and complained. The nurse said that she'd try another filler on me for free - one that had an in-built anesthetic (Juvederm, I think). That was only about a month ago. I must admit that I did initially like the effect, it gave my face a more perky look.

Kassy - one note of warning. When they show you the before and after photos, they don't tell you how much that particular patient got injected to get the really full cheek look. I had 1ml in each cheek and think I could have done with three times that amount - which there is no way I could afford. So what I'm saying is - I think you need allot of product to get a lifting effect. The bottom line is - if it was less expensive I would probably get it done again but, for me, it was a one off that I can't afford to repeat.

BTW, I've heard of cheeks being filled from inside of the mouth but at the moment I don't think that it's that common a practice in Oz. So I had mine done from the outside - I think the from the mouth approach would probably give a much better result.

I honestly think that fillers are the skin-care of the future BUT, at the moment they are too expensive and don't last long enough.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Facial exercises definitely caused my Juvederm Ultra Plus to dissipate faster.

Hi Bethany,

can I ask where in your face you had the filler ? I have it in my face too, and I do notice my lips getting a bit thinner when I have been pulling on the sides of the mouth for exercises,

thanks

Jackie
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
the filler i had was really expensive it was £1000 for 1 syringe but i went to one of the best doctors in europe as i didnt want to take any risks with my face looking funny so at that price you are paying for his expertise

i have a friend who had exactly the same thing from the same doctor last year and its lasted 15 months so far, shes very happy with the result

she also had it over the cheek muscles, mine was under and on the bone which i think lasts longer

the doctor explained there are 2 issues with cheeks, lack of structure and lack of volume, if you dont have the structure then no matter how much volume you have or how much you inject on the cheeks or try and lift up with face ex etc they will still drop

if you make the cheekbones higher then it pulls everything up

the only thing is now im worried i cant do my cheek exercises i will lose the volume id built up and have to pay £1000 more to replace that!
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
keliu i think it depends on the thickness of the filler, the one i had was teosyal and i only had 1 syrine but it has made quite a big difference

a lot of it lies with the skill of who injects it, i did have injections a couple of years ago on the outside of my cheek and it just dropped and gave me jowels

im hoping that by going through the inside and injecting onto the bone it will last a lot longer
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
hi kassy it was £1000 and wasnt painful but he used a lot of dental block which he injected into the inside of my mouth and my cheeks

my cheeks were painful for a few days after but only mildly but now they feel fine

i still want to carry on with the exercises as they lift the rest of my face like my eyes so i dont have to use botox and give more fullness to the face but at least now im not doing the cheeks i will save some time!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Ellie,
What is the name of the doctor you went to who is one of the best in Europe...i always like knowing the name of the best doctors for facial procedures....to share with others, if not for myself.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
dr sebagh, hes quite well known meant to be one of the best, also hes good as he wont let you overdo anything, i asked if i could have more put in or have anything else done but he said no thats enough

so at least you know you will end up with an effecftive but natural looking result
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ellie - It will be interesting to see how long it will last for you.

Sis
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
This is all so interesting, and I agree with Keliu, that it's the skincare of the future..

When done right it gives back that plumpness that just screams 'youthful'!

So much better than the flat faced wind tunnel look, that the typical face lift can result in.

Thanks to all for sharing all about it.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="ellie213"]the filler i had was really expensive it was £1000 for 1 syringe but i went to one of the best doctors in europe as i didnt want to take any risks with my face looking funny so at that price you are paying for his expertise

i have a friend who had exactly the same thing from the same doctor last year and its lasted 15 months so far, shes very happy with the result

she also had it over the cheek muscles, mine was under and on the bone which i think lasts longer

the doctor explained there are 2 issues with cheeks, lack of structure and lack of volume, if you dont have the structure then no matter how much volume you have or how much you inject on the cheeks or try and lift up with face ex etc they will still drop

if you make the cheekbones higher then it pulls everything up quote]

So basically what you are saying is.. without high cheekbone structure even facial exercises won't stop the droop? Shock I know LouLou says It's all in the Cheeks and her premise is by building up the cheeks it will pull everything else up.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
When done right it gives back that plumpness that just screams 'youthful'!

So much better than the flat faced wind tunnel look, that the typical face lift can result in.

Thanks to all for sharing all about it.

I believe this particular treatment is absolutely the best thing for women of a certain age (us!). It makes a huge difference to the shape of the face and draws attention away from the jowls. I've become obsessed with looking at older women on TV etc - and those that have the "chipmunk" cheeks definitely look a whole lot better, it takes away that "sour" look. It's just such a pity it's so expensive - although prices might be better in the US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
What does the doctor mean when he speaks of the structure of the cheek...is he speaking of bone structure or muscle structure?

One of my concerns about cheek fillers is that by stopping facial exercises in order to preserve the life span of the filler, my cheek muscle structure will diminish more..and my facial tissues will droop more into my jowl and upper neck area.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree with Jasminerosey. It takes quite a long time to achieve measurable results from facial exercise and to have to stop doing these because of fillers..... Geez, what's a girl to do?

Fillers are not cheap in the USA either. Unfortunately. It's not really the expense so much as the frequency at which it would have to be done - this is what causes it to add up.

I'm going to hope that facial exercise will decrease any need for fillers at least for a while.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
is dr sebagh, the one with his skincare products?
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
yes the same dr sebagh that does the skincare products, i think it was a lot more expensive because it was him but i didnt want to take any risks with my face
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |