Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Advice needed - lines from corner of eyes to cheekbone
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hey, I have spent almost a week to read through numerous posts to see which skin care products can fix my problems.

Skin: washing in the morning leaves face dry but in midday, oil is present mainly on nose, bit oily on cheeks

Pore size: big

Acne/blemishes: no

Current skin care products: Kiehl's and Clinique cleanser, toner and moisturizer

Problems: lines running from corner of eyes to cheekbone AND nasolabial fold

These lines and fold have been pronounced lately as I have lost 10 pounds after doing cardio exercises. Some colleagues from other cities whom I had not met for months came and asked me why I looked so tired and spiritless and my face was so dull.

Last week, a friend of mine took me to a beauty salon to see an esthetician. She said that the only way was to have operation and regular restylane injection which I would not put into consideration.

I know that there is no way to get rid of nasolabial fold. How about the lines from the corner of the eyes to the cheekbone?

Anyway to smooth out them?

After reading so many posts; I would like to seek your opinion and advice if the following products can reduce the lines:

Alphaderma CE + Peptide Facial Skin Prep
Retinol 1% (PSF/Skinceuticals)
Vitamin C 20% (Obagi)
Hi Potency Serum (Vivier)
GirlPaint
5% products discount

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend that you incorporate a vitamin c serum (triple-c would be good) and a rich eye cream that contains retinol. There are many good products on the market with these ingredients. Apply them in layers before you apply your moisturizer. In a matter of 4-12 weeks, you should see an improvement.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Botox will blow away your crows feet and artefill,the permanent filler will significantly soften the nasolabial fold,I had both and love it!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Summer, I commend your weight loss! Good for you! 'But that might be what is contributing to the "tired" look you describe and the prominent folds: the skin hasn't caught up with the volume loss yet,

One way to regain the tone and volume is facial exercise and massage. The ageing face lacks volume and looks haggard and drawn. The skin and muscle appear to just hang and the skin lacks the springy feel of youth.

I started with FlexEffect in Aug '08 and noticed a marked improvement in 4 months of daily exercise and massage. Ageless If You Dare is another program that may give you more immediate results as it is more intense. Both programs tell you how to massage your face correctly.

Both programs require commitment to see results, but I promise you, once you start seeing the tone and volume returning to your face you will be hooked for life! Nothing else can do this for you - no creams, devices, not even surgery. Fillers and Botox are a temporary fix and require expensive upkeep. Exercise is something you do for yourself!

There are many threads on this forum about facial exercise and massage....take a peek and get started!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I second the facial exercises. You can see pictures of Bethany's improvements in the Ageless if you Dare thread.

Also, what about a dermaroller?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
We are all aging.Try some Vitamin C and A cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thx all!

I was not aware of the magic of facial exercises before reading you replies.

Yes, I will try Ageless if You Dare.

If time allows, I will try FlexEffect too!

Thx again!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie & P Girl,

I have just purchased the eBook of Ageless & watched the video. It 's a lot of fun during practice, I believe.

I know it will take time to see result (same as skin care products); however, it seems to me that it is much natural.

Without your advice, I really did not know what facial exercises were.

Cheers!
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
You'll love the Ageless! Smile

Also, if you want to you can check out LouLou's (writer of Ageless) message board:

http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the posters above. Facial exercise was the first thing that came to mind. Second is use of good products. Trying a retin a at night and a C serum by day. The frownies company also makes frownies to put on this area at night and it is a nice temporary fix. If you do Botox you won't be able to exercise your eye area to get results (at least I doubt it). Facial exercise is a very inexpensive yet lifetime investment.
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
The other posters have given good advice. I need to lose 25-30 lbs and I am afraid I will probably look older in the face as a result. However if my double chin goes away them maybe I will look younger when viewed from the profile.

My sister who is much thinner then I am (too thin and a workout maniac) has big NL folds, I really don't have them, yet ! I do need to lose the weight though . .. sigh.

Good luck to you!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |