Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Wonderful DIY (expensive looking) hair extensions!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I got caught up with family the past couple days..

Good to know for sure on being able to travel with the pot and bond.. My luck, I'd go on a trip and loss them all...HA!

I figured as much about not using claw clips, but had to ask.. Very Happy

Not sure what length I'll get yet. I will get at least as long as my hair is now. I'm thinking 18-22"... Altho 22" may be to long... I'll have to get out my old falls and clip in extensions and see how long they are...

It would be awesome to win the transformation of the month. I think my daughter would be a great one for that as well...

Whoa, you did get your hair put thru the ringer! I've had experiences very close to that myself. Once, I went to someone who was supposed to be really good with color. She bleached the heck out of my hair and turned tit to mush. That's no exaggeration... That's the worst, but there have been more. The most recent, which was about 10ish years ago, I went in to some blonde low lights, I came out with freakin brown hair.. I just went back to all over color that I do myself.. I do want to find {hopefully} a good colorist, and have low lights put in my hair, before I do the extensions...

I do worry about my shedding, as it's more than normal, tho I am thinking maybe it's slowing.. Sometimes I won't wash my hair for 2-3 days and I have HUGE fall out, so I worry about what may happen with the extensions. I guess all I can really do is try them and see. I'd be able to re install if something happens. Beats trying to get an appointment and paying someone else .. I can live with that, if it means fuller hair!

Have you had yours cut into a style at all? And did you get all the same length? I'd like to have some sort of layering, for body with curls.. Then this makes me wonder about installing them again in the same way..

I'm so sorry to be such a pest with my questions. Which I will be asking Tiffany as well...LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I don't mind the questions. In my story on the first page I also explain that before I went to Manemaxx I tried TAPED skin wefts. It was awful hair but with that one I did get it cut and a bit layered. The hair was so bad I needed to. But this hair has been so silky I just feel I want to enjoy the length for a bit. But I made sure I went to someone who did cut extensions already. It is very important that they are experienced with this. As I said extensions are different to handle so you must know what you are doing.

Take care
wendy
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering how it is going for you.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi..

I haven't ordered yet. Trying to work them into the budget. Seems a lot of things decided they needed to be fixed or replaced, all at the same time... Rolling Eyes Not exactly sure when I'll be able to get them, but in the near future I hope..

How are yours doing? Great I'm sure. Has your daughter been able to replace her hair?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
wenrow wrote:
Is the pot and stuff portable? Thinking for trips, just in case I have an issue...

Yes it is. This good for those who DO the hair themselves and travel to the homes of clients. It is very small. When you are done with the bond, let it cool inside the pot and after it is cool it just pops out and looks like a disc. Then you can add another color to the pot. So it is not like that pot is ruined after melting one color. Fantastic.

Can you use the claw clips to put your hair up as well, and have you ever tried to do any sort of up do? Not a big up do person, but I do throw my hair up in scrunchies to sleep..

They suggest you sleep with your hair in a loose pony or braid at night. No tangles in the morning that way. Scrunchies are best because they are soft.

For wearing it up, I do wear a pony tail, low when I first get them in and I can actually wear it higher later on as they grow away from my scalp. And I have bonds all along the perimeter of my back hairline. You cannot see it. I only wear it UP in a clip if I am bathing. Not a good idea to claw areas that have bonds in ya know?

Now the Regal Remy hair is very popular so sometimes they are on back order. but she still sends you your whole kit so that you can get familiar with it and watch the DVD. Fantastic that your husband has experience with extensions! My daughter helped me and she is (well was at the time) 17. If you can do some parts yourself, then it is even easier with someone helping.

What length are you getting? I am so curious!

Oh and you are perfect for her "Transformation of the Month" contest! After your install email her about it. Remember to take a pic of yourself BEFORE front and back, Take one pic during, just a close up of the bonds in back, and your after pic. You win $50 off your next purchase of any supplies you need. I used it for more hair when I needed it.

I am on her site as the winner of May. My daughter is "Miss April".

I want to tell you how weak my hair is:
I had someone have it color it THREE TIMES in 2 days. 2 times on one day, 1 time the next. And then she colored too dark the last time, like she FORGOT what original color the day before! Obviously I would not go back to HER to correct this and I HAD to have it re colored. she actually left me with almost BLACK hair and blonde highlights! so I found another place with an (what I thought) experienced colorist to correct it. She left me brassy and it looked bad. I just went to an Ulta and found a home toner to fix it. Not so bad but that means I had my hair colored FOUR TIMES in 4 days! AND the chemicals from toning so that is 5 times in less than a week!

A month later I had found a stylist I used to use a while ago( her costs had gone up and could not afford) Well I found some money to use her so that I would not have any more problems. she did a nice job just taking care of my roots and left a nice brown color and did not touch the highlights. 6 weeks later I went back to her for my highlight touch up (expected roots only) and color. she decided I should have highlights all over my head AND lighter. You know what that means? That means using MORE BLEACH and ALL OVER MY HEAD and LEAVING IT ON LONGER!

I swear I would expect a colorist to say I could not have highlights any where but roots for 6 months minimum. You think huh?

So over 3 months my hair went through all that. I had breakage up to my scalp with ONE INCH pieces all over. What longer pieces I had were so delicate. I had my cutter (I go to sep places for color and cut) had to cut off 5 inches. So I was left with much shorter, thin, AWFUL hair. I could not even wear a pony cuz there wasn't enough hair! I just did that claw lip updo to hide it. Wore it for months like that.

Then I found Manemaxx and even I can use this method. I've gone through months of wear with no problems and one take down with no loss of hair besides the regular shedding. You shed 50-100 hairs a day naturally.

I take vitamins for my hair during all this and only get my roots colored(had a "talk" with the colorist about that) and have any amount my cutter feels I need cut off when I go in. My hair is getting healthier every day under this hair.

So hopefully that gives you confidence about your hair holding up. If I can manage this, almost anyone can!

wenrow, I hear ya on the thin hair! I have very thin hair and alot of it. It sheads like no other so my hair can never look normal with any cut. When I did the manemaxx, I freaking loved it! Gave me the volume and boost that I needed and it didn't make my already thin hair break off or come out! It is truly and awesome product to use! I would recommend to just try it once and you will be hooked!

Good luck and post pics! I am sure you will be happy.

BTW, i do have a picture on this forum of my hair. I was actually talking aobu tmy acne scars and someone complimented me on my hair. I let them know that it was manemaxx and not my hair that looked that thick!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I've had this second install in now for about 12 weeks now and getting ready to take them out, color my roots with highlights and re-install.

I could wear them longer but the natural hair (from root to bond) starts to tangle. don't want that.

But I can go pretty long in between professional coloring with these in. After about 3 months I take them all out, have my hair highlighted and colored all over to freshen it up. then (since I have some grays) at about 6 weeks I go and buy the Nice and Easy Root Touch Up (I have a review on that product alone on EDS) with solid Golden Brown and it looks so natural. My highlights can grow out a bit and still look good since I don't have heavy highlighting. Then again at 3 months I start it all over again. It really saves me money on coloring and that product is so easy to work with while the bonds are in. It is the brush that I like so much. I kept the brush from last time and will just buy a full size Nice and Easy Golden Brown and use only what I need and save even more.

I have some health issues from having a brain tumor 1 yr 1/2 ago. Benign but I still need to have an EEG once in awhile. They stick little sensors with tape all over your scalp to detect brain waves. Anyway I went yesterday and the Tech who helped me could not tell I had bonds in my hair. I really had to point it out and since they had grown out so much it was even harder to find them. anyway, I talked her into trying it herself. She was sold.

I really think Tiffany the owner can make this big if she invests but even word of mouth works very well since it sells itself.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello again... it has been close to two months since I posted, so I will recap:
I read this whole thread once, watched some vids: and within 24 hours had ordered from Manemaxx.
There were some delays in the delivery- and when they came in: they looked too curly and dark.
DH said he would help do them, so did a family member.. yet in the end I did them myself (waited 3 weeks for family member to show up-when she did not, DH tried for about 30 mins and he was so frustrated I took over!).

I spent three hours on them the first night, founr hours the following morning.
That evening, we went out with friends, and they either did not "notice" that my hair went from VERY short to VERY long-- or I looked so freakish they didn't mention it.
Embarassed
This morning I showered and everything seems to have fallen into place better.

The color is awesome! the curls are lovely and wavy... there is NOTHING wrong and everything right with this (Regal) hair extentions.

What is wrong is my 'attachment' procedure--the wax chunks are huge, and I need to trim them a bit... I am sure that with practice they will be less noticeable-for now: I feel a bit err...rastafarian Rolling Eyes

I recommend the hair-- but wish the videos did nto make it look so easy.
I mean: did anyone else have the experience that the wax does not slide to the root-- I had to grab each piece of wax and roll it to get the hair to stick;
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
mariah wrote:

What is wrong is my 'attachment' procedure--the wax chunks are huge, and I need to trim them a bit... I am sure that with practice they will be less noticeable-for now: I feel a bit err...rastafarian Rolling Eyes

I recommend the hair-- but wish the videos did not make it look so easy.
I mean: did anyone else have the experience that the wax does not slide to the root-- I had to grab each piece of wax and roll it to get the hair to stick;

I have not been on here in awhile and sorry I have not responded to this. Better late than never I suppose...

Ok here is what Tiffany Twist the founder says:
most do this the first time but as they trust the little
bonds they make them smaller as they go. Smaller bonds stay better and don't
shed like large ones. Here is the link to that article: http://manemaxx.com/extensions/articles/3-apply/82-bonds.html

You do not have to roll to get them to attach/bond to the hair. You really don't. The less you mess with it during the attachment process the better hold you'll get and longer it will last. My bonds were huge the first time. Take a look at my transformation story on the site. This time much smaller and more comfy.
Here is that article link about "to roll or not to roll": Surprised

http://manemaxx.com/extensions/articles/3-apply/58-rolling not-rolling-tembondr-bonds.html

I am moving right now and rarely get on but will check in whenever I can. Please keep posting. I am still loving my hair and on my 3rd installment.
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all none else here done thes hair extensions ????? love Gorgeous

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I finally bought Manemaxx hair kit in November. I got 2 colors: one for highlight and it was available in deep wave, the other color for low-lights in straight (curly doesn't have too many choses). I decided to perm the straight hair first and then install.

It seems like a big job, but I am determined...
Wink
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Wen, I just ran across this thread and wanted to thank you so much for all of your wonderful posts. I had chemo for breast cancer and although my hair has grown long since then, it has never again been as thick as it was prior to chemo. This looks like the perfect solution. You are a doll to share in this way. And you and your daughter both look absolutely stunning in your gorgeous new hair! I will definitely be looking into Manemaxx. I've already bookmarked the site and the forum. Thanks again ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!

Yes you are a good candidate. I myself have horribly damaged hair where no salon would put any in with other methods. Not only that my hair could not handle the install and upkeep but they said taking it out would ruin it as my hair is very very weak and a lot of breakage. Some said the removal was reason enough to refuse me. I'm serious. Oh who cares? It led me to research more and I found this and WAY less money!!!

It will take years to get this damaged hair to grow out and I can't deal with shoulder length hair this bad. My hair holds the bonds fine and I usually go 2-3 months before taking out and re installing. Only because of coloring. Gray roots and I get highlights.

BUT I now just use Clairol Nice n Easy root touch up every 4 weeks to cover gray and then plan on waiting longer between visits. Just by doing my own roots I took off $60 off my salon bill! AND since I have dark and blond hair installed all I need is for my colorist to do the crown of my head and ONLY highlight from scalp to where the blonde begins. No bleach touches the ends of MY hair. So this is saving me money and speeding up my hair growth.

I am going for 4 months before I take them out this time. Now mind you I always just use the same hair when I re-install. The Regal lasts so long! I've been using this same hair I bought back in March the first time and some I bought in July I think. So I am using both on my head right now. IT is still smooth and tangle free. With proper care (I mean you follow ALL advice) it can really last. the other places force you to keep buying more hair each time and that in itself makes the costs ridiculous! You can use this over and over!

I do need help with the back since I have so much breakage though. A lot of short broken fly always that need to be seen to bring together for bonding. I can do my sides and top back myself. And as I mentioned my teen daughter does the back. Very easy. Heard about women having their HUSBANDS to this!

Take pictures ladies!!!

Can't wait! It will transform you!

mod snip to remove self-promotion
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Would extensions be appropriate for me? Im very self consious about my hair now. Most of the left side of my head was shaved and it was also shaved around the base of my head. I've thought about getting a wig but having extensions that I don't have to remove and put on everyday would be nice.

The clip on ones are much less expensive but have to be taken out at night.

Thanks

Cindy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |