Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best facial oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Argan oil, emu, squalene, macadamia nut oil, avocado, almond, tamanu, etc. all I know is that they are good for skin so cannot comment on their specific properties.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:53 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Chia seed oil and Inca inchi oil have vegan omegas that are nourishing to the skin's barrier.
Perricone has been using them but you can buy the oils yourself for a fraction of the cost.

HI Fawnie,
This is the first I've heard of Inca inchi oil. What do you know/think of it? I value your opinion. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I use Inca inchi (sacha inchi) oil and chia oil interchangeably since they have similar fatty acid profiles (not exact tho). They both plump up the skin and give a healthy glow when applied to damp skin to seal in moisture. I dont even wear foundation any more because I like this healthy luminous look.

"Sacha Inchi Oil is not only highly digestible and full of antioxidants, it is an amazing plant source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. It also contains vitamin A and vitamin E – helping the body's cells, tissues, glands and organs stay healthy.
Sacha Inchi oil can be added to salad dressings or smoothies. Additionally, Sacha Inchi Oil is light enough to be applied topically to the skin and has been used for its anti-aging properties and ability to visibly reduce wrinkles."
http://www.sunfood.com/sacha-inchi-oil-250ml-cold-pressed-virgin-raw-sustainably-grown.html

I wont insult you by posting a wall of text but there are many sites that give infos about topical EFA oils:
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/skin/EFA/

Dr Setterfield recs using omega oil post derma needling but fish oil just seems wrong somehow (not bad tho if you use Carlson's lemon flavor). This doesnt have a fishy smell and its very smooth feeling. You do need to refrig it tho since its fragile like fish oil.

Adding 0.2% rosemary antioxidant oil to a bottle of sachi inchi helps retard oxidation:
http://www.anandaapothecary.com/aromatherapy-essential-oils/rosemary-antioxidant.html

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:42 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I use Inca inchi (sacha inchi) oil and chia oil interchangeably since they have similar fatty acid profiles (not exact tho). They both plump up the skin and give a healthy glow when applied to damp skin to seal in moisture. I dont even wear foundation any more because I like this healthy luminous look.

"Sacha Inchi Oil is not only highly digestible and full of antioxidants, it is an amazing plant source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. It also contains vitamin A and vitamin E – helping the body's cells, tissues, glands and organs stay healthy.
Sacha Inchi oil can be added to salad dressings or smoothies. Additionally, Sacha Inchi Oil is light enough to be applied topically to the skin and has been used for its anti-aging properties and ability to visibly reduce wrinkles."
http://www.sunfood.com/sacha-inchi-oil-250ml-cold-pressed-virgin-raw-sustainably-grown.html

I wont insult you by posting a wall of text but there are many sites that give infos about topical EFA oils:

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/skin/EFA/

Thank you

HTH

This is a great article. I like that it addresses the value of topical and internal supplementation (Needing both for maximum effect).
So important: EFAs cannot be synthesized in our bodies and must therefore be obtained from the diet. They are almost magical.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |