Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

coconut oil....best body moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarahmarie

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using coconut oil for everything. . .body moisturizer, pre-shampoo treatment, and part of my OCM. AND I cook with it!

It really works well to put it on straight out of the shower/bath. It absorbs quickly and my skin has a softness and sheen that I don't see from lotion or other oils. Plus the scent is very light and doesn't even really last long so it doesn't interfere with my perfume.

I originally started using it when I got a bad sunburn but I've continued using it long after my sunburn has peeled and gone away Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just discovered a new use for this coconut oil. I just spread a tsp onto rice and it makes it super delicious!!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I have a question. Can coconut oil and macadamia nut oil leave a greasy film on your skin? If you put on a blouse, you don't have to worry that your blouse look greasy?
Or, do you have to wait a certain length of time before you put on your clothes?

I've tried dry oil and loved the one from Nuxe with shimmer. But if you use it frequently, it does dry out your skin. At least for me, that is my review.

I have a few more questions. Neutrogena has this body oil that you apply on wet skin. Is that one good?

I thought this new line called CeraVe is popular because it has ingredients that is known to attract moisture and to retain moister. Am I right?

I like the Nuetrogena body oil. It has been around for decades. I remember using it in the 80's. The Nuetrogena oil is seasame plus some other ingredients.

CeraVe is coming to Canada soon. I want to try the skincare items.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
sarahmarie wrote:
I've been using coconut oil for everything. . .body moisturizer, pre-shampoo treatment, and part of my OCM. AND I cook with it!

It really works well to put it on straight out of the shower/bath. It absorbs quickly and my skin has a softness and sheen that I don't see from lotion or other oils. Plus the scent is very light and doesn't even really last long so it doesn't interfere with my perfume.

I originally started using it when I got a bad sunburn but I've continued using it long after my sunburn has peeled and gone away Smile

Coconut oil is amazing for hair. I apply first to the bottom half of my hair, wait then shampoo. Some ladies leave it in overnight. I think it works in as little as 10 minutes. I got a jar of 100% coconut oil from the ethetic food section at the grocery store for $1.99.

You could probably also use a drop as a finishing serum on very dry ends after shampoo. I have salon products to use up, but I might try this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
Skincare wrote:
I have a question. Can coconut oil and macadamia nut oil leave a greasy film on your skin? If you put on a blouse, you don't have to worry that your blouse look greasy?
Or, do you have to wait a certain length of time before you put on your clothes?

I've tried dry oil and loved the one from Nuxe with shimmer. But if you use it frequently, it does dry out your skin. At least for me, that is my review.

I have a few more questions. Neutrogena has this body oil that you apply on wet skin. Is that one good?

I thought this new line called CeraVe is popular because it has ingredients that is known to attract moisture and to retain moister. Am I right?

I like the Nuetrogena body oil. It has been around for decades. I remember using it in the 80's. The Nuetrogena oil is seasame plus some other ingredients.

CeraVe is coming to Canada soon. I want to try the skincare items.

It already is in Canada if you buy it online at well.ca. Make sure you check online for discount codes as they usually have them around.
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I was watching Dr. Oz one night and he mentioned that Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for the lips as well and good fat for the brain and to take 2 teaspoons a day. I did that and my senior moments have not improved but kidding aside I thought that saturated fats were bad for you and coconut oil is a saturated fat.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Conventional wisdom says that saturated fat is BAD. Read the blog at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/saturated-fat-healthy/ to gain an insight into another 'way of life'. I have been Primal for 3 months now, and have experienced so many good (wonderful) changes in my body shape, my memory, my health.

As for coconut oil - in the morning I have 3 scrambled eggs lightly fried in 2 tsps butter and 2 tsps c.oil - delicious and perfect, and I don't get hungry again until mid-afternoon, no blood-sugar dip either.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |