Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Corners of mouth droop down - how to move them back up?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Pharaoh... I suspect that he's right. Sounds like you have a muscle that is STRONG!!! And it's pulling your lips down. So freezing that muscle will keep the tug from happening. And as that muscle atrophies, it should quit being able to pull the corners down... Then the only thing you'll have to deal with is the loss of volume (do to the atrophy)... hence his recommendation of future fillers... definitely a route to go... an expensive one... but I bet it works...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
pharaoh wrote:
I went to the plastic surgeon today (fantastic injector). He injected the lower corners of my mouth with numbing....saying that is the look that the botox will give me and explained how botox eventually turns off the nerve firings when the muscle doesn't respond...
From that I understand that after time the muscle doesn't respond at all and you can just put in a little filler and you won't even need botox again.

Is that what you guys think happens?

Gotta say my corners perked right up with the numbing (or local antestesia, just not sure, something to relax the muscle) and I looked TONS better...not sad or mean...

I go back in a week for something, either botox or filler.

I don't understand - why didn't he just inject the Botox right away? What is the numbing agent that he has used, surely that will wear off very quickly? Did he just do that to demonstrate the effects of the Botox? Seems very odd.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:54 am      Reply with quote
He injected the local antestesia, or numbing to demonstrate how the botox would work. It lasted about two hours (no charge). He said it would show me the effects of the botox. Said botox reacted differently in different people and some women hated the effect, would drool with the loss of the muscles, etc. So he wanted to make sure the muscle could be taken out of use and things would still be good.

It made a world of difference in me. I go back next thursday Sad and ill see cost wise what works best...repeating botox until the muscle stops dropping or just putting in the filler and continuing that way.

ill post my outcome.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I understand - sounds like you have a very good doctor.

I've had Botox in the corners of my mouth but can't say that it did much - but I think she only used a very small amount. I've also had fillers in the marionette lines several times and I've never once been happy with the results.

Good luck for next week - I'd be interested to know how much Botox he uses.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
As I mentioned in my earlier post,I have had this done about once every 1 1/2-2 years with botox. My doc puts 5 units of botox per side on my lower CHIN area muscles and that is what relaxes that mouth muscle, which actually runs from the chin to the mouth. But it is best done by someone who is very practiced. If you do it too close to the mouth, thats what can cause the drooling if too much is injected. Trick and too much you can end up looking like the Joker on Batman! Laughing Laughing
They also can do some closer up as well if it is a very powerful muscle.
Then they can go back and add some filler to the corners and around the mouth area, depending on if you need more volume. My derm likes to put some up higher as it can pull the mouth area back up but very naturally. I just had this done last Thursday so it is fresh in my mind, so did my hubby (but no filler). (Son's wedding is in 2 weeks so we are doing a mini-liquid face refresher). I had lost weight in my face so I needed something to plumb up that lost collagen.
It also had the added benefit of taking out some chin lines that are starting to form once it pulls the face back up. It is remarkable to see it in action.
Now it is not for everyone, but it so relaxes my mouth and chin area i automatically tend to smile more without really thinking about it, which has helped retrain my muscles. I've only been doing this in the last 5 years (total 2 times) and it is more than 70% better on its own, after everything wears off. I'm hopeful it will continue to improve.
Facial exercises would be great and another option if you have more time but I did not.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |