Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Pregnancy stretch marks, what did you use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
German_greeneyes
5% products discount

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Did you get them, what did you use to prevent/help and did it work?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't get SM from pregnancy, but I did get them from severe weight fluctuations and I'm treating them with the dermaroller. It's working quite nicely!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
It's difficult to get off pregnancy stretch marks if they .

Mustela, a french brand for pregnant women and babies, provides products for preventing and repairing stretch marks.

You can find the information on the following website http://www.mustela.com/
sbb820
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Begin from three months pregnant, can try CLARNS nursing oil. Hear, adhere to always use massage, won't produce gravid grain
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
StriVectin SD is good too,but it can not be used during pregnancy.
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
P girl...what size dermaroller are you using and do you put any products on after words?

This is kinda personal so don't answer if you don't want...but are your marks old ones? I ask bc I hear the older ones (silvery or silvery-purple) are way hard to get rid of...like any topical cream stuff doesn't work on old ones, just the red ones to make them look like the older silver ones.

I've tried everything except the dermaroller, mine are inside my thighs that I got when I was freaking 12! I was so horrified, they were never red though, I told me derm and he didn't believe me, he said they all start out red, but mine didn't and I'm scared nothing will work on them...I have to try the dermaroller before I give up though. I just don't know what exactly to go for with rolling Sad
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
mex0050 wrote:
P girl...what size dermaroller are you using and do you put any products on after words?

This is kinda personal so don't answer if you don't want...but are your marks old ones? I ask bc I hear the older ones (silvery or silvery-purple) are way hard to get rid of...like any topical cream stuff doesn't work on old ones, just the red ones to make them look like the older silver ones.

I've tried everything except the dermaroller, mine are inside my thighs that I got when I was freaking 12! I was so horrified, they were never red though, I told me derm and he didn't believe me, he said they all start out red, but mine didn't and I'm scared nothing will work on them...I have to try the dermaroller before I give up though. I just don't know what exactly to go for with rolling Sad

Mine are QUITE old and they are that silvery-white color. I've fluctuated weight so often that I've pretty much ruined the skin on my body with stretchmarks, so it's a huge task. I have them on the inside of my arms and that's where I started my rolling process so that's where I'm seeing the best results. On my left arm, they're basically gone. Woo hoo!

I use a 1.5 mm. Dr. Roller and apply .05% Retin-A after I roll, then use a Vit. C (DIY with distilled water and l-ascorbic acid) spray in the mornings.

There are several of us using the rollers right now to remove stretchmarks so come on over to the dermaroller thread. If you're going to try rolling you'll need to read it anyway. It's here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460

5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Great ideas!! thanks all Very Happy

So rolling is probably the best option AFTER pregnancy? I am sure if you are prone there is no avoiding the little nasties..oils and lotions sound best during, rolling afterward.??

what about this Palmer's cocoa butter??

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
anything with the word butter in it(ex. shea butter, cocoa butter,etc), The product should state that is safe to use during pregnancy
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Another thing: the cause of stretchmarks besides weigh fluctuations is when you grow taller as the skin stretches in just the same way. so, ur old ones may be from growing?
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
A lot of my friends said that Weleda Pregnancy Body Oil is very helpful on dealing with pregnancy stretchmarks.
Just use a few drops on the hand, and massage onto the stretchmarks. It would be reduced soon. Since this product is not expensive, why not have a try?
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
recently i'm using elancyl gel for stomach. I could feel that my skin around stomach getting firm. as fat loss, not yet. I just start using it for 4 days~~~~ i notice that elancyl also has a line for pregnant woman. hope it helps..
http://www.elancyl.com/public/galenic/html/accueil/accueil_elancyl.php?lang=en
sylvitay
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had facial scars that are gone now, and I use the NaturDerm Epidermx II and Chrysalyx. I do not work for them, but I love the products, they changed my life. They have some incredible before and after stretch mark photos.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Try Bio-Oil which claims one of the best stretch mark products.www.bio-oil.info
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I was pregnant in my early 30s, so not very young. I applied cheap, Life brand (Canadian Shoppers Drug-mart brand) baby oil, followed with Cocoa butter cream (same Life brand).
I would apply a lot of both on my skin (from breasts to knees) every night after shower.
During the day, I was applying cocoa-based body lotion (simply because my night mixture was way too oily for waring underneath the clothes).
Long story short - I didn't get a single stretch mark. And my skin is not very good. I have some stretch marks from my teenage years when curves developed on my hips and my butt. But not a single one from my pregnancy, not on my belly, not on my breasts.
I always recommend the baby oil - cocoa butter cream for pregnancy, as it is extremely affordable ($3-4 bucks big jars of each) and it really worked.
Good luck.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
maasages and oils are important in prevention

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks P girl!!
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
I was pregnant in my early 30s, so not very young. I applied cheap, Life brand (Canadian Shoppers Drug-mart brand) baby oil, followed with Cocoa butter cream (same Life brand).
I would apply a lot of both on my skin (from breasts to knees) every night after shower.
During the day, I was applying cocoa-based body lotion (simply because my night mixture was way too oily for waring underneath the clothes).
Long story short - I didn't get a single stretch mark. And my skin is not very good. I have some stretch marks from my teenage years when curves developed on my hips and my butt. But not a single one from my pregnancy, not on my belly, not on my breasts.
I always recommend the baby oil - cocoa butter cream for pregnancy, as it is extremely affordable ($3-4 bucks big jars of each) and it really worked.
Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the info!
I've got a lot of stretch marks purely because of weight gains. I didn't care too much about them until I start to get them on my breasts recently. I got really upset.
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 am      Reply with quote
mamamia products works
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:43 am      Reply with quote
massage oil is working on these marks.
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm 19 weeks pregnant now and have been using combinations. i started off with bio-oil but found it expensive when it only lasted a week or two. i've also tried pregnacare cream (not sure if this is in USA - it's from a UK company that makes pregnancy vitamin supplments).

I'm currently using palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream which also contains shea butter and some sort of collagen "stuff" along with vitamin e. it's cheap enough to be able to replace every few weeks and is easy to apply. it sinks in quite quickly.

Unfortunately, it's going to be another 20 weeks or so before i can tell you if any of this stuff actually helped!!
Very Happy

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |