Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Getting upset about my frizzy hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is driving me mad. I try very hard to reduce the frizz - I have flaxseed oil, sleep on the silk pillowcase, don't fiddle with my hair too much and it still is frizzy.

I also want to go greener with products I use. If anyone can recommend styling products that they use that are organic or natural then I'll be very grateful.

Thank you.
Emma x
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I wish I had an answer for you. I struggle with this daily as well...which product from my arsenal do I put on my hair that day??! I've got gels, mousse's, serums, sprays, etc. I never know what is going to work and of course the humidity each day is another issue to contend with. Yesterday I used a Kenra Mousse and my hair was nice and curly with no frizz, but I know mousse's every day can be drying (from the alcohol content) so today I used something else. I long to find that ONE product that will make my hair curly, shiny, healthy and frizzless! Have you considered going to a salon and having them put a gloss on your hair? This is my next consideration....

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I have dark, thick and frizzy hair. The product really helps to calm my frizzy hair is Phyto 7 Cream. The product has a plant-based formula with a pleasant smell. I also love its light and non-greasy texture.

I usually use it after shampooing on towel-dried hair and reapply again after blow-drying. It's definitely a secret weapon to keep my hair smooth and shiny!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I read a tip about applying jojoba oil to your hair. I just use a few drops before I dry it and it really helps to keep the frizzies at bay. Of course, I use a leave-in conditioner as well, but adding in the jojoba greatly improved the frizzies.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Here are some things that have really reduced my frizz:

Pre-shampoo conditioner with coconut & palm oil. I try to do this 2x a week. I just saturate my hair for about 30 min then shampoo/cond as usual.

After every shampoo: Garden of Wisdom healthy hair serum with a few drops of meadowfoam oil (you can try other oils too).

But being a product junkie that I am, I am really tempted to try Living Proof No Frizz products (sephora has them). I've read some great stuff about them and apparently they have some new technology that has not been used in hair products before.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Yet another way to use my jojoba oil! I have been using and loving Sabino's moisture block. It controls the frizzies while holding in the moisture. My hair feels like it's in better condition and shines. A little bitty dab will do you as it is really easy to over dose on this product.

Thanks for the jojoba tip. I sleep with the jojoba oil and my hair is in such good condition. I never thought to use it as a leave-in.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Girlie girl, I've also seen good reviews on the Living Proof No Frizz. Keep us posted if you try it.
starbuxxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I have coarse thick wavy hair and always stuggle with frizzies. I've been using shampoos that don't have sulfates - devacurl and wen. I also immediately put a defrizzer serum or cream on my wet hair as soon as I get out of the shower and before putting it up in a towel. I like John Frieda's Secret Weapon and Philip B's Hair Finshing Creme for after blow drying. I've also switched to tourmaline hair brushes and that helps as well.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Divadoll wrote:
Girlie girl, I've also seen good reviews on the Living Proof No Frizz. Keep us posted if you try it.

I know reviews have been good huh? I probably wont try it any time soon since I'm rather ahppy with with I use now and I need to finish them before I buy anything else. Smile
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
My hair can be a little frizzy and I was considering getting what is known as an "everlasting blow dry". Unfortunately it only last for around 3 months, but there have been some positive articles about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-566490/The-everlasting-blow-dry-promises-tame-hair-months.html

I have posted a link for you to have a look at. The downside is the cost - Ł200 a time, but you may be able to get it cheaper if you look around. If i get one I'll let you know what the results are like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Mega Cholesterol? I bought a jar at Sally's. Seems to control my frizz well.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Try emu oil and vitamin e oil and use it like a serum, so just a small amount.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Have you tried Mega Cholesterol? I bought a jar at Sally's. Seems to control my frizz well.

I forgot to mention the price! $5 a jar. I use it in lieu of conditioner during shampoo but it's supposed to be a deep conditioning treatment.
jackiet_mcc
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
There's a product from a company named Sabino Hair Solutions called Moisture Block. I brought the product and let it sit in my bathroom for months.
Then one day I decided to use it. My hair is short so a dimesize amount is plenty. The trick is to really work it throuhg your hair for a minute or two. Then blow dry.
Normally when I would go to work in the morning, the dew or mist would get into my hair and by the time I walked from my car to the office my hairs was done. I used this product and instead of a frizzy kinky mess, my hair just fell to a loser curl, but maintained it's shape and had a lot of body and it didn't lose the movement.
I have been using it every since. I don't know how I came across it, but they have a website. I think it costs about $30. I have barely touched the bottle. Check it out.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all of your replies.
I'll look into them.
Very Happy
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
You have to try the Brazillian Keratin Treatment! Salons do it and some charge up to $400. I was able to get mine for $100 at a salon, which is a really good price. You can read up about it online. Some forms say they have formaldahyde in it, and the they make formulas without it. I would never put something with that in my hair. Just ask the salon, which formula they carry. It leaves your hair really smooth for up to 4 months. It is the best money I have spent, because my hair looks great and blow dries quicker now.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Wow kdd2411! That looks absolutely amazing. The hair just looks so silky and sleek after. I love reading your posts. I usually learn something new and valuable.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:29 am      Reply with quote
callalily wrote:
Wow kdd2411! That looks absolutely amazing. The hair just looks so silky and sleek after. I love reading your posts. I usually learn something new and valuable.

Callalily,

I can personally vouch that the pictures do not exaggerate. I could not believe my hair when they were finish. I also had my hair dyed and highlighted that day and this was the first time my hair did not break off from the highlights. I have the darkest shade of brown hair you can have, so it takes forever to bleach it to a blonde for highlights, which really stresses it out, but the treatment kept my hair soft and healthier than before I had it done. I really recommend to get it done and if it is too expensive to upkeep at the salon just order it off of Ebay and do it yourself at home. I'd say get it done professionally first so you can see exactly how it is done before attempting it yourself.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I have frizzy hair too... if you want a cheap way to maintain your hair, try use two-four tablespoons of olive oil depending on your hair length, wrap with the plastic bag and leave it for 20 min before shampoo... Later, shampoo and condition yourhair like usual... No risk, but your hair will get more moisture...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
My mother has frizzy hair, I am going to pass on some of the hints here. I know she says the Tigi straighten products help, she likes the aqua serum.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have fine, curly (spiral curls) hair --- on ultra humid days, nothing I do works but for normal days.... Smile

I don't use shampoo with SLS. No conditioners with SLS either.

Shampoo every other day. Conditioner every single day, I comb it through my hair and leave it in while I shower.

conditioners I use.... I rotate between SuddzzFX --- which I'm almost out of and it's expensive, probably won't repurchase for a couple months. Lamas Soy Conditioner is absolutely remarkable, available at healthfood stores. Or vitacost for $10. No silicones in Lamas and it's organic. Another conditioner I rotate is Davines, the Love line for curly hair. Their MOMO line is pretty good too, but I avoid their shampoos (contain SLS)

After shower, rinse hair with tepid water.
Comb through jojoba oil, then Lamas conditioner.
I have a large microfiber cloth that I carefully wrap my hair in as I step out of the shower, dry off, apply toner on the face, Vit c on the face, and body oil on the rest of me. By that time, the microfiber cloth has absorbed most excess moisture.

Follow up by distributing some Davines MOMO hair serum combined with Giovanni (very inexpensive) Hair Changing treatment (organic, but contains some petrochemicals). Pat and distribute gently through my hair, turn head upside down and scrunch the curls.

Then the key... DO NOT TOUCH the hair until it dries. Curls are well defined, frizz is at a minimum. Do your best not to disturb your hair when it's at that in-between state between wet and dry.

All these products help keep my curls very well defined and spirally, and even better... Very soft and touchable without that sticky too much product feeling.

A couple times a month, I deep condition with coconut oil and red palm oil... distribute through dry hair (with mine it takes a lot) put up in a turban and leave in overnight. Better than Ojon, at least for me.

Hope this helps,

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for more replies.
excellent suggestions.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
You have to try the Brazillian Keratin Treatment! Salons do it and some charge up to $400. I was able to get mine for $100 at a salon, which is a really good price. You can read up about it online. Some forms say they have formaldahyde in it, and the they make formulas without it. I would never put something with that in my hair. Just ask the salon, which formula they carry. It leaves your hair really smooth for up to 4 months. It is the best money I have spent, because my hair looks great and blow dries quicker now.

That's very interesting but it sounds quite expensive for something that lasts only 4 months. But then the price of beauty has skyrocketed. Laughing
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend AESOP hair care ,I used 3 years

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dang! I've always wanted to go a lot lighter (I'm a fairly dark brown too). I think it's important to experiment and have fun with your look, why not I'm young. A couple of friends have told me they think I should stay natural but why not for once in my life go blonde-ish at least with highlights. I found a guy in Vancouver who does this treatment using an internet search. Glossy hair is a dream especially with a nice soft colour. Oohhh i'm going to have to save. But this is exciting!!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |