Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you apply your eye cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I thought you can just rub it in. Recently someone at a skincare counter told me you have to tab it in with your ring finger (the weakest index), and do that from the outer corner of the eye toward the inner corner.

Does it really make a huge difference which direction you apply the eye cream, and whether you tab it in or rub it in?

I tried tabbing it in in the direction she recommended, and I found my lower lids to look a bit beat up somehow. I still prefer massaging it in.

What about you?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
yeah thats what the pros taught me, and apparently u will get wrinkles if u like rub it from inwards towards outwards
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think the from and to directions are subjective. Other than that, IT is advised to lightly pat it in with your pinky or ring finger. as opposed to rub in that delicate area.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to say that she did tell me why it was important to tab from the outer toward inner corners of the eyes. She claimed that is the natural line of the skin, so if you go from inner to outer corner, you're going against the line of the skin. Make sense?
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
She might be right, to make sense I'd better watch some forensics reconstructive or plastic surgery documentaries
carolxx

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I prefer massage at first, then tab. using the ring finger always.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
yep tap using your weakest finger (ring or pinky). I watched an expert say that on some show . It's hard to remember to be so delicate. I rub my eyes all the time anyway. Not talking

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
With finger pressure, many massage

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I always just used my index finger and rubbed it in. Then last week I learned to use the ring finger and tap gently. I find that I am forgetting the tapping and I have to stop myself from rubbing. I am an old dog learning new tricks!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I just realized I have been misspelling the word 'tap'. I have been using 'tab'. How embarrassing! Embarassed

Anyway glad you all still understood me. Razz

It is very hard for me not to rub but I learn to do it very gently. I tried tapping and it just wouldn't work for me.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Different eye creams have different methods.
For most of eye creams, use your ring finger pat the lower eyes, and massage the lids.
But for most of eye gels, I always massage the whole eye area.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Little bit rub then pat as I always feel patting without rubbing cannot apply the eye cream evenly. Embarassed
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I started using ring fingers to tab, like planing plaio, after I saw an article regarding how to use eye cream three months ago, and to do that from the outer corner of the eye toward the inner corner. I used to rub it Laughing , but I did not really difference after changing to the right way.
gicugy
5% products discount

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
pressure
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
DON't!
gicugy
5% products discount

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
DON't!

don't what?
kala~kala
5% products discount

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I think to draw a circle by outside to massage, until is absorbed.
Rolling Eyes
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:54 am      Reply with quote
kala~kala wrote:
I think to draw a circle by outside to massage, until is absorbed.
Rolling Eyes

i usually do the same with you
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I can't see that it would make a difference whether you tap it on from the outer corner to the inner corner or vice versa, because with tapping you're not pulling at the skin. I do think that one should avoid any method that involves pulling at the skin, it is so delicate in that area.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've been really bad and always in a hurry, so I apply the eye cream (revitalift) by getting some of my finger (whichever I don't pay attention) and rub it in all over my eyelids top and bottom. I do try not to apply pressure, but I found the tapping takes too long, and I don't have time to deal.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
u will get wrinkles if u like rub it from inwards towards outwards

What is 'like rub' mean? Does that mean somewhat rub it in or does it mean something else?
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Tap the eye cream under eye in three places. I will want to dab the eye cream a quarter inch from my lash line. Place the first dab of eye cream under the corner of the inner eye. The second dab goes under the middle of eye. The third dab of eye cream will go under the outer corner of my eye. Use middle finger to work the eye cream into the skin around eyes. Tap finger from the inner dab of eye cream to the outer dab. Work your way back and forth under the eye until all of the eye cream is absorbed.

Do not worry about working the eye cream up towards your eye. It will naturally work its way up towards your eye as you work the eye cream into the skin.
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
tap with abit of pressure is what i normally do.. Razz
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
I forgot to say that she did tell me why it was important to tab from the outer toward inner corners of the eyes. She claimed that is the natural line of the skin, so if you go from inner to outer corner, you're going against the line of the skin. Make sense?

yes, it makes sense - when you massage your face or apply an eye cream of a face cream - you should follow natural "lines" - they are how lymph circulates over your face. For eyes they are: for upper lid - from the inner corners toward outer, for under-eye area - from outer toward inner corners.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
Bira wrote:

yes, it makes sense - when you massage your face or apply an eye cream of a face cream - you should follow natural "lines" - they are how lymph circulates over your face. For eyes they are: for upper lid - from the inner corners toward outer, for under-eye area - from outer toward inner corners.

Thank you!!! I didn't know. I will try harder to follow this pattern instead of being lazy and just rub it in. Embarassed I'm glad you explained the path for the upper lids, too. I thought it was also outer to inner for upper lids.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |