Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shall I need to wear sunblock lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
huihui
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
even if I stay indoor all the time? By the way, I use computer for a long time every day.Thanks.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Yes,you must wear sunblock even if you are in door.There also have much radiance when using computer,so you should use sunblock too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:
Yes,you must wear sunblock even if you are in door.There also have much radiance when using computer,so you should use sunblock too.

you really think that sunblock is good for radiation from a computer screen? Shock

i dunno know bout that!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
i do not think sunblock work for the radiation, but i do think you need to put on sunscreen even you are at home, since UVA can go through window glass.

i think as long as there is nature lights in your room, sunscreen is needed.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with hellenzqq - sunblock can pass through glass etc so although your indoors your still subject to UVA and UVB, but I think you could probably use a moisturiser which has an SPF in it like SPF30 perhaps?

Only thing is that I remember being told to do my ears and behind my ears (as wella s neck and hands) and I did try it, but found the sunscreen got in my hair near my ears and went all limp and wet looking. Sad
hellenzqq wrote:
i do not think sunblock work for the radiation, but i do think you need to put on sunscreen even you are at home, since UVA can go through window glass.

i think as long as there is nature lights in your room, sunscreen is needed.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
i dont wear a sunbloch when i am at home and by the way i am at home 7 days a week since i dont work,,,but i think that i should start using a moisturzier with spf ...i really think that the obagi nuderm would have given me better results so far if i was using sunblock at home....there r many days when i wake up and there is bright in my room bcuz of sunlight even thhough the blinds r closed,,,so it means yes we should...
just not sure if we r indoors,,,even then it has to be reapplied every 2 hours ???
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
help Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think it should, as if your using obagi, that makes the skin much more sensitive to sunlight, so you would need to apply regularly depending on the strength your using (for example, SPF60 is supposed to give you 60 minutes of protection so you need to apply every 60 minutes. SPF 30 gives you 30 minutes of protection and so on).
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
If I'm indoor, I don't use sunblock, and sometimes I even go out without using any sunblock but just wearing a hat. Is that ok? Shock
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I wear sunblock indoors as well. UVA rays can penetrate through your glass, and these rays are mostly responsible for the aging effect of the sun. Smile
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I don't believe it. One theory as to the reason so many people have Vitamin D deficiencies these days is because of car windows, office windows and sunscreen. In the good old days before air conditioning, people used to keep the windows open and didn't wear sunscreen yet more people seem to have skin cancer these days.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
i don't wear sunscreen at home. i like to live on the edge!

i do wear some moisturizer or cream at home... even a nice mask treatment... or make my own at home treatment using some valmont serums and layering it.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary.....i didnt know the no spf is supposed ot be the minutes it wil giv eu protection...like as u said spf 60 will need to be reapplied after 60 mins......are u serious it is suppoed to be like that ???? i never knew this....no matter what the spf is,,,i reapply it after 2 to 3 hours,,,i m soo dumb,,,,i m still surprised..thanks for the info,,,i needed it...
Rene Greenwald

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
@TheresaMary Yes, you should wear sunscreen every day. Typically an SPF of between 15- and 30 should be fine. The SPFs refer to both their protection and how long they last.

SPF 15 = ~85% protection for 150 minutes
SPF 30 = ~94% protection for 300 minutes

In terms of radiation for a computer... computers don't really give off radiation, and a sunscreen wouldn't provide protection if it did.

I got most of this info from a Dr. ... you can check out a video with more info here:

youtube(D)com /watch?v=ZGtc8cAl7eE
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Thats interesting, I'd figured my understanding wasn't 100%. I just found it mentioned on google that:

So, wearing a sunscreen with SPF 50, your skin will not burn until it has been exposed to 50 times the amount of solar energy that would normally cause it to burn

I'm sure though on TV I saw one of the derms saying that the SPF no. is the no. of minutes protection you get - but I can't remember the name of this guy. Darn!!!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
oh now i am cofused,,,,so its not exaclty that a spf 30 means u ll get Protection frOm sun for 30 mins ??? hmmmm....
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
It's no need I think. I only use sunscreen when I have to stay in the sun. I usually apply day cream with spf in door, I think it is enough.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
spf60 doesnot mean 60 mins. higher spf means it blocks more UV, although it is not a big different while spf30 blocks almost 97% and spf60 is about 99%(if i do not remember wrong)

it also said,

when you do not use any sunscreen and stand under the sunshine, if it takes about 15mins for you to get sunburn, than SPF60 will give you 60*15 mins protection time.

however it also depends on how much you put on your face, since most people do not put as much as the SHOULD amount, it will lower the actual spf vaule.

higher SPF does give you longer time protection, but it also heavier on the skin.

and, it also depends on if it is a physical sunblock or a chemical sunblock you are using.

it is a complicate topic when it comes to SPF

you can do some google on it

for me, i think if you stay at home whole day, a SPF30 should be good enough to give you whole day support, unless if you sweaty a lot, or some other things happen , then you may need to reapply.
nicolespence3

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
i always use sunblock. i used not to, i'm 25 but my skin looks like 40.. seriously, i need lots of skin care products.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
yeH i also wanna make it simple for myself...i will apply a day moisturizer with 30 spf at home...wont reappl it if i m staying in....when i ll go out,,,i ll apply a sunblock with > 30 spf,,,,,will reapply it in 2 hours if i am still out Smile
Yayyyyy....
By the way has anyone heard of the pills that u can take to block the sun rays...instead of using th e sunblock,,,if u r going to go out for e.g to a beach and staying there fo rhours,,,u can take a pill that does the same thing as a sunblock,,,my doctor told me about it,,she herself takes it Smile i m not sure if i wanna take a pill unnecessarly...Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |