Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Crinkly neck skin over thyroid - LED
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - I've been using the AALS for well over a year and have had great results from it. Most of the skin on my neck has smoothed out somewhat except have read we aren't supposed to use LED over the thyroid on our neck - and I haven't. However, eliminating that portion of my neck from my LED treatments have left it crinkly and wrinkly over the thyroid. Any ideas on how to get rid of the wrinkles there?? thx DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx - I am having the same issue, however I have been using my AALS for 10 months and did not have the wrinkly crinkly skin over my thyroid area before starting with the AALS. Question
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi stovetop - don't know if your neck has become wrinkly over the last 10 months as it seems you did not have that problem before. Anyway, I have tried ultrasound, creams, massaging, neck exercises and none of them have worked. If you can think of something else - let me know. Am feeling a little frustrated with it now. With the thyroid being in the front, it is noticeable at times and more so with the rest of the neck being a little smoother. Any other ideas, just holler!
thx DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx - I attribute my wrinkly crinkly neck area to the aging process. I have tried all of your suggestions too and nothing has worked. I was hoping STOP would alleviate the condition but after seeing Kassy_A's pics I am not going to purchase it. I am currently also on Weight Watcher's - my goal is to lose 15 lbs slowly - in the neck, jowl and inner and outer thighs would be my preference. Have you had any success with supplements? There is a thread on EDS concerning the use of amino acids with face/body building which I am interested in researching.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Ooh Stovetop - can you provide a link to that thread.... I tried searching but nothing came up and I am interested in that too. One of the trainers on FE was saying something a little while ago about them... so I would love to find out more.
stovetop wrote:
DiPhx - I attribute my wrinkly crinkly neck area to the aging process. I have tried all of your suggestions too and nothing has worked. I was hoping STOP would alleviate the condition but after seeing Kassy_A's pics I am not going to purchase it. I am currently also on Weight Watcher's - my goal is to lose 15 lbs slowly - in the neck, jowl and inner and outer thighs would be my preference. Have you had any success with supplements? There is a thread on EDS concerning the use of amino acids with face/body building which I am interested in researching.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary - I did a search too on "amino" and so many hits - but I believe the product being discussed was GNC's Amino Burst 3000. Check out the 55 and Over thread - approximately page 6.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi stovetop - I have not tried the amino acids.
I upped my Vit C to 1000 mgs per day and also use MSM at 1000 mgs per day. This has been recommended all over if you use CP's - which I also use. If you find something that works, let me know thx DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add, regarding amino acids, that I use the Anabol Naturals Amino Balance for general weight loss and metabolism & it's fantastic.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you could consider dermarolling that one area.
I've been using the roller and am definately noticing some improvement on my crepey upper arm skin of late. I've been at it for a while to see these results, so it does take time and patience. Then I'm sure you'll be used to that anyway as you've been using the AALS which also takes time. Smile
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mishey - thx for the suggestion of the dermaroller. Will have to read the looong
thread and see what size is used on the neck but that is an alternative. Thx for the recommendation!! - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I also have the same problem - I don't think that any electrical gadget can be used safely over the thyroid area. However, you could try the Vaculifter - at least you can safely massage the entire neck area with that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Allison_Wonderland wrote:
I just wanted to add, regarding amino acids, that I use the Anabol Naturals Amino Balance for general weight loss and metabolism & it's fantastic.

So what exactly do the Amino Acids do for you?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Keilu - thx for the vaculifter suggestion -
we can shoot for that one too! Some day we'
ll find an answer! Diphx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Ok... call me stupid, but what is the AALS??? I assume it is a light device, but I have no idea which one!!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:02 am      Reply with quote
It's the Anti Ageing Light Stim. There's a thread on the light below.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hey Mishey - thx for the suggestion of the dermaroller. Will have to read the looong
thread and see what size is used on the neck but that is an alternative. Thx for the recommendation!! - DiPhx

Cupping might help. There is a thread on it under the DIY section of the forum.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Don't the instruction recommend you not put the light over where your thyroid is?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Don't the instruction recommend you not put the light over where your thyroid is?

Yes, I don't think you can put any electrical device over the thyroid area - that's why we're discussing other options.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi everyone - I've been using the AALS for well over a year and have had great results from it. Most of the skin on my neck has smoothed out somewhat except have read we aren't supposed to use LED over the thyroid on our neck - and I haven't. However, eliminating that portion of my neck from my LED treatments have left it crinkly and wrinkly over the thyroid. Any ideas on how to get rid of the wrinkles there?? thx DiPhx

DiPhx,

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm wondering too what I can do to help that area.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Pulling the skin laterally while treating the mid neck avoids the thyroid, and still allows a bit more skin to be treated.

I'm not suggesting anyone follow suit, but I have treated close to the thyroid for a minute or two (occassionally), without ill effect with my AALS... I would NEVER do likewise with the Omnilux, because it gets much too hot.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Lordy, thank God you're back, Kassy. I've been trying to figure out what to do with this wrinkly crepe-fest of a throat of mine. It's actually not too horrible all over, but it's really noticeable right near/over that thyroid area. Every once in a while, I catch sight of myself in a mirror and acctually wince. It's not like you can just stick a lump of jewellery on top to cover it, 'cause that skin just pops up and down every time I move my chin.

I'll try the lateral pull with my next AALS treatment (and will try to be more consistent this time).

You're the best, girl!
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Pulling the skin laterally while treating the mid neck avoids the thyroid, and still allows a bit more skin to be treated.

I'm not suggesting anyone follow suit, but I have treated close to the thyroid for a minute or two (occassionally), without ill effect with my AALS... I would NEVER do likewise with the Omnilux, because it gets much too hot.

I haven't got a treasured little LED device yet, but am working on it... Very Happy
In the meantime though (and maybe this is obvious to the rest of you) - How do you tell exactly where your thyroid begins and ends??
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
http://wockhardthospitals.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/thyroidsymptoms-causes-diagnosis-and-treatment/

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Lacy!
I have seen diagrams like that before, I just wasn't sure if there is a way to be more specific other than avoiding the middle of the base of one's throat.
Anyway, just ignore me, I'm off to fiddle with my neck to see if I can feel it!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
That is one thing that's nice about the size of the Warp 10 head. It's small enough that I can use it right above the middle of my neck. Of course, I have a long neck so that might not work for someone with a shorter neck.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |