Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

angellift ???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this in the back of a magazine (go figure).

http://www.aveyou.com/angellift.aspx

What do you guys think??
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting find....I went to the official website, and the device on the home page looked like some insertable orthdontic device. Confused

However, I watched a video from the Rachael Ray show where they discussed it, and it causes a level of muscle exercise when you place it in your mouth. This might be good for upper lip lines?

I did note that there are 2 levels of products available....Prescriptive and OTC. The one on the website home page appears to be a Prescriptive version that may be custom made for each person, maybe to target a certain area? The OTC ones look like larger gel strips.

http://www.angellift.com/angelift/index.php

Here is the press-release from 2004:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2004_Jan_6/ai_111877975

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some reviews on Amazon....we do know that facial exercise works, so this may be an option!

http://www.amazon.com/Angellift-Spa/product-reviews/B000U5ZVNG/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Here is a link where it shows the OTC model very clearly...the Rx model looks much smaller. The OTC ones are designed to be worn for 15 mins, 2x a day.

http://www.amazon.com/AngelLift-Dermastrip/dp/B000UJE1T2/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

And here is a dental site that talks about 2 Rx models that are available for both the upper and lower areas of the mouth - AngelLift and Invisilift. The interesting part is they talk about wearing the RX models ALL the time (except sleeping)....that would NOT be what I would want!

http://suwaneedental.com/angel-lift/angel-lift-cosmetic-suwanee-smiles.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
And $20 off at drugstore.com....they specifically mention that they can be used for upper lip lines.

Quote:
Reverse Lines ~ Correction without Injection ~ Derma Strips
Medical Grade Non Surgical Lift

5 Signs

Smoke Lines
Marionnette Lines
Nasolabial Folds
Laugh Lines
Chin Folds
Angellift DermaStrips gently lift, and tighten from under the lip removing lower facial lines and preventing deep creases.

Lifts ~ Tightens ~ Supports

Clinically proven to eliminate lines ~ 87% Reduction of Lines
Natural dermal-filling technique
Advancement over dermal injections

Contains 2 Surgical Grade Lifts

Angellift has been featured on: ~ NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX and Rachael Ray, Extra, Star Beauty Secret

Angellift and DermaStrips are protected under US and International Patent Pendings

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp195798_333181_sespider/angellift/lower_face_anti_aging_lift.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to mention that they may be coming out with one that promotes lip growth. Shock

I saw that on the "Upcoming Products" section of the official website.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
mmmm Are there any videos that show someone before and putting them in for an after result?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
TexasStar wrote:
mmmm Are there any videos that show someone before and putting them in for an after result?

Maybe you can look for some and let us know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
TexasStar wrote:

Texas, not a video, but here are some before/after pics:

http://www.angellift.com/dentists.php?sub=results

What I am interested in finding is something to restore the contour of my profile after braces made my profile look "flat", if that makes any sense. This looks promising!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
This is basically a "bra for the mouth"! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I was thinking: push up bra!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
TexasStar wrote:

Texas, not a video, but here are some before/after pics:

http://www.angellift.com/dentists.php?sub=results

What I am interested in finding is something to restore the contour of my profile after braces made my profile look "flat", if that makes any sense. This looks promising!

It looks like those pics are for the RX leave-in models.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I was thinking: push up bra!! Very Happy

LOL...I think you ladies are right! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
It looks like those pics are for the RX leave-in models.

Not a problem! I wouldn't be adverse to leaving it in if it helped! Could be a deterrent for grazing too!

Googling around, it looks like the Rx version costs in the ballpark of $350. Is that what you all came up with too?

5% products discount

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I found one on ebay for $40 and free shipping but had summit an offer and I did. I got it for $30.00 and free shipping.

Yeppie for Me Laughing Razz Bad Grin
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
TexasStar wrote:
I found one on ebay for $40 and free shipping but had summit an offer and I did. I got it for $30.00 and free shipping.

Yeppie for Me Laughing Razz Bad Grin

You are talking about the OTC version, correct?

Editing to add: Yep, those are the OTC model. It looks like there is one left!

It's ebay Item number: 170302846104 since the links never work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was at work when I posted and didnt have a chance to research it. Just wanted to get the topic started. Smile

There IS quite a bit of info. And since none of the ratings were that bad... I bought one too.

I got it on the Walgreens website - that way I can return it if I dont like it. My main concern is I have a very small mouth - I couldnt get the flexaway to fit right.

Im excited and will keep you posted
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I got it on the Walgreens website - that way I can return it if I dont like it. My main concern is I have a very small mouth - I couldnt get the flexaway to fit right.

Im excited and will keep you posted

My moputh is very small too, and the Flexaway was a total waste of $$$ for me. Please keep me posted!

5% products discount

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
WOW I can't wait to hear what you all think of this thing after using it...The results on the site look amazing......very strange but interesting device.... Very Happy C
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one too. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Ditto. Embarassed

By the way, I'm surprised Rileygirl hasn't jumped the angellift wagon with us. She was always battling this same problem with me. Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
bethany wrote:

Ditto. Embarassed

By the way, I'm surprised Rileygirl hasn't jumped the angellift wagon with us. She was always battling this same problem with me. Wink

I'm here! I am on the angellift wagon with you, tamgirl!! Great to see you! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
The blurb on the website says that it stimulates collagen growth. How can a piece of rubber stimulate collagen?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting. I can't wait to hear what ya'll think.

Re: Stimulating collagen - may be due to the increased pressure against the cheeks and lips (sort of like the reaction to massage stimulation of the face). would probably be a slow, long process.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting! Bethany, can you post a pic of the one you got? I was looking at the pink one that looks like a smooth loop myself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Very interesting! Bethany, can you post a pic of the one you got? I was looking at the pink one that looks like a smooth loop myself.

The pink one is actually a prosthetic that you wear all the time (like dentures).

I got the OTC one that is only worn for 15 mins 2x day to strengthen facial muscles.

Here is the pic:
http://www.amazon.com/AngelLift-Dermastrip/dp/B000UJE1T2/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

And if you go to the Press/Video link here, you can see someone stuff the OTC one in her mouth. Confused
http://www.angellift.com/angelift/index.php

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |