Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Really like this product. I only use it for 2 weeks at a time and then switch to the Baume Essentiel. The Ylang Ylang Night Balm has become one of my secret weapons in fighting blemishes. I only use it for the 2 weeks though because if I use it for an extended period it starts to dry my skin out on my chin. Using it alternately with the Baume Essentiel helps to keep my skin relatively spot free and healthy.
The smell is quite pleasant. Not sure why ylang ylang would be considered an aphrodisiac though, the smell doesn't appeal to me that much! Very Happy
I will definately be purchasing this product again as I think it is good value for money (a little goes a long way) and I feel it does a better job at helping to clear my skin than some of the harsh BP creams and potions out there.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Aroma Night Ylang Ylang Purifying Night Balm (30 ml / 1 oz)
Decleor Aroma Night Ylang Ylang Purifying Night Balm (30 ml / 1 oz)

This 100% natural, preservative-free balm takes advantage of the changes in the skin’s nightime biological rhythms to deliver an aromatic night-care treatment for combination/oily skin. The lush, melt-in texture, when smoothed onto the face, dissolves perfectly into the skin.

Replaced by {{14803}}.

Bonnie
5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!

I remember using this awhile back and really liking it. Wonder why I stopped?

Perhaps I should repurchase....
Caspers Mum

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Though I have combination skin, and my break-outs are usually related to hormones, I personally will not try this product again. It's just not for me.

I grabbed a sample of this product from work a few weeks ago, and though I applied it only two or three times, guess who's been battling blemishes since? Mad There have been a couple of doozies on my chin! Grrrr! Kindly note that I rarely break-out, and this recent episode has been significant.

A lot of people love this product, and I'm confident that it's great, but for your's-truly, it was a "no-go".
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Mine is oily skin and also have been break-out with ylang-ylang balm,but not problem with ylang-ylang oil.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
Mine is oily skin and also have been break-out with ylang-ylang balm,but not problem with ylang-ylang oil.

It must be the wax that is making you break out.

Can you use the YY balm as on-the-spot treatment?
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think the balm also has corn oil as ingredient. Not sure what it's for but sounds like something that may cause breakouts.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
It must be the wax that is making you break out.

Can you use the YY balm as on-the-spot treatment?

l don't think so Neutral
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
ok, thanks

Welcome to EDS VoltesV!Very Happy
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skincare. I'm a skincare junkie, so happy to have found this site. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Your Welcome:D
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I had wicked results with this balm, it cleared up every spot I had within a week the first time I used it. Not sure if I haven't been able to stick it out as much this time but haven't seen the same miraculous result since.

Still gives me a lovely glow though, I would definitely try this as opposed to BP or salicylic acid products. I have the Baume Essentiel as well, but apart from a slight difference in smell, can't seem to figure out the difference between the two?

The SA told me that YY was more for an oily and acne prone complexion whereas BE is to be used once a month to combat hormonal spots. I have normal skin and quite obviously hormonally driven acne (it's only bad for 2 weeks of every month, before and after my period) but I still find YY to be better.

Can anyone clear this up?

fidget xx
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I think this essencial oil balm should massage and let it be absorbed thoroughly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
thank you for your secret weapons sharing.
Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I love the Ylang Ylang balm, I use this most nights then have a week of 2 week break every now and again.
My skin has gone from being Oily to Normal and I wake up with beautiful, radiant skin every morning. The scent is also very comforting before bed.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I wanna say I like Ylang Ylang balm very very much!
I think its very good for winter when you feel dry skin.
I always melt it in my balm and massage a bit on the face.
It seems oily at night but every time I wake up in the morning, my skin is so soft and radiant!!!
Thumbs up Very Happy
carrymelikewater
5% products discount

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I love this! I wear this every night. It's like a relaxing regime for me. I will scoop just a teeny amount using the spatula provided, and then rub my fingers together to warm its oils and as I do that, I inhale and take in the heavenly scent. And I will massage it into my face in upward motions until it gets absorbed. And then when I wake up in the morning, my face really looks radiant, plumped up and fresh.

Now I'm looking at other Decleor Ylang Ylang products which I can use in the morning. Love it love it!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Yes I agree this product also made me break out when I tried it years ago. And the fragrance was too stong for me and made my nose very itchy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |