Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you remove mascara?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
because I am very lazy, I have not used mascara for 10+ years. I bought a LANCÔME OSCILLATION MASCARA last week, it looks very fun.

Can you share your tips on removing mascara? I am currently using cleansing oil, but oil will go into my eyes easily. I'm afraid will damage my eyes. How to avoid not getting anything into my eyes?

Do you apply oil directly on your eyelashes, then rub it? or you put some oil on a cotton and wipe your eyelashes?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Lancome actually makes a really nice eye make up remover.

When I used cleansing oil, I shut my eyes really tight, some oil still gets in but it clears up quickly. But this will probably vary on the type of cleansing oil you are using though.
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I use Vaseline and it works like a charm.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Use a couple of cotton pads plus any eye make up remover, remember to clean carefully.
gicugy
5% products discount

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I use Lily bell cotton wipe

critic wrote:
because I am very lazy, I have not used mascara for 10+ years. I bought a LANCÔME OSCILLATION MASCARA last week, it looks very fun.

Can you share your tips on removing mascara? I am currently using cleansing oil, but oil will go into my eyes easily. I'm afraid will damage my eyes. How to avoid not getting anything into my eyes?

Do you apply oil directly on your eyelashes, then rub it? or you put some oil on a cotton and wipe your eyelashes?
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
"no tears" baby shampoo
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba oil. It's gentle, doesn't irritate my eyes, and nourishes my eyelashes all at the same time! (I use w/p mascara everyday)

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Soak one half cotton pad with some eye makeup remover, close eyes and put the pad on eyelashes. Put the other half pad under the eyes so that the eyelashes are between the two half pads. This way mascara won't leave any stain on skin. Wait for 1 minute and most of mascara is removed. Then use a Q tip with makeup remover to clean any residue. It is a little bit time consuming and that's why I usually don't wear mascara. Laughing
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
i recommend neutragena (spell right?) eye make-up remover for both water-proof and non-waterproof mascara. the price is lovely. Pour some on a piece of cotton, then leave it on eye for 20sec, following cleanser. for eyes, i prefer a gentle cleanser which will not irritate eyes. The one I'm keeping using is Nuxe brown color cleansing gel. After all cleaning steps, soak a piece of cotton in a cheap toner and swipe on eyes to remove any traces of make-up. then all done. Hope it helps.
Nicki1213
5% products discount

Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I usually am trying out a lot of new makeup looks and I'm usually taking them off as soon as I've documented them. I found that using regular eye makeup remover was really starting to dry out my eyes. It was stinging, too. I was noticing that my skin was drying out more and more and that my primer and concealer was settling in the dry fine lines. I then tried using olive oil at the recommendation of a professional makeup artist. I tried just putting it on cotton pads but i noticed this was still irritating my skin, so I just put a few drops on my fingers and rubbed them gently over my lids. I really like this - it's very gentle on the skin. I just wash my face afterwards to prevent any oil from traveling and then causing breakouts.

I also wash my brushes with olive oil and then Alba's Pineapple Enzyme Cleanser. The olive oil is soooo great for conditioning skin, brush hairs, etc. I would really recommend it. I like baby oil, but it gets in my eyes somehow and makes everything really blurry for a few minutes, which is annoying.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, L'oreal has a nice eye make up remover. It is cheap and easy to use. I don't get tears. It is worth to try. Just soak a part of cotton pad with the remover, close eyes and put the pad on eyelashes. Leave for 1 minute and then you will see most of mascara is removed.
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka Cleansing milk on a damp cotton pad. Of course, since I use Dr. Hauschka mascara, I don't have much of a problem getting it off.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Normally, I would use in Japan is not waterproof mascara, cost-effective and do not trouble, removable when the skin will not hurt the eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using an eyemakeup remover from "I Feel Pretty" (has lasted forever) but used to use Maybelline non-oily eye makeup remover pads and they were great.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
ximing wrote:
Actually, L'oreal has a nice eye make up remover. It is cheap and easy to use. I don't get tears. It is worth to try. Just soak a part of cotton pad with the remover, close eyes and put the pad on eyelashes. Leave for 1 minute and then you will see most of mascara is removed.

i agree with ximing on this one. i am also using L'oreal's eye make up remover. It works fine but you probably need to wipe it a few times to get it all off, as it is with other brands. Doesn't sting my eyes I think. Haven't really got the problem. Unless I never noticed. What I thought stung was my long wearing contacts.

It's cheap too.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing haha, jumbosstar42, we are same taste in terms of eye makeup remover.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Vaseline
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Shiseido cotton is soooo nice ($8 for a substantial amount of soft square pads). Why not be super gentle. I used L'Oreal make up remover and it works well (blue bottle) doesn't bother my contact wearing eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
i am using netrogina make up remove,,,very good pruct and cheap in the supermarket,. highly recommened
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Almond oil is nice for an eye cleansing oil, but there always seems to be some seepage into my eyes. Right now I'm having great luck with a silicone-based cleanser--Clinique Take the Day Off--it doesn't irritate my eyes at all.
starbuxxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I use Lancome's bi-facil eye makeup remover or facial cleansing oil.
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
i use clinique's take the day off with cotton pads. as ximing as mentioned earlier, i just close my eyes and wipe my eyelashes. it usually takes me two cotton pads per eye to get it all off (i use eyeliner as well).
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:13 am      Reply with quote
With eyes closed, I place a dry cotton pad 'underneath' the lashes and then use a Qtip soaked in an oil-based eye makeup remover from MAC to rub off mascara on top of lashes. Usually takes 4-5 tries, but at least this way I can control how much oil comes into contact with the skin, preventing milia.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I use Emu oil or if lazy abolene
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Shifeon cotton pads feel gorgeous and you can rip em in half or use them for your toner. $10 where I am and they'll last you at least two or three months.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |