Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Facial stuff for guys?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skywolf
5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm looking for some basic facial stuff for my bf, who has very oily and sensitive skin. Any recommendations for some brands that are not too much on the high end?

Thanks. Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Clarins mens stuff is supposed to quite good. Though you know, there is no reason he can't use your stuff! Alternatively get into really high end stuff like sircuit skin (pre-empting (sp?) Farouk here! Laughing ) and then use HIS stuff!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:17 am      Reply with quote
like a hawk i descend! liz read my mind. sircuit is definetly the best stuff out there for men Wink .

but i cant get too excited because ill just get abuse accusing me of being associated with the company! Shock

so let me rephrase: try sircuit.

Wink

hope ive helped.

farouk
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I have a friend who uses Zirh products. He really likes their products. It was also used by the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" guys in one of their episodes.
Bonnie
5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Clarins for Men.

My boyfriend uses it and his skin has gotten progressively better over the last several months.

The products are really basic, but seem to be effective.

The Active face wash is nice...slightly orange scented...a basic, yet gentle foaming cleanser.

The moisture balm and moisture gel are great. Seriously. I'll use these when I stay over at my BF's and my skin looks a lot better the next morning. My BF uses the gel in the summer and the balm in the winter.

They also have a few more products that he uses every once in awhile including an Active Face Scrub and an Eye Cream.

Sometimes you can find bundled deals at certain department stores where you get several products in a travel tote. This is usually a better deal than buying each product seperately.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:18 am      Reply with quote
My mom got my dad using the Clinique Skincare for Men line and his skin did look tremendously better. He had olive, not sensitive at all skin. I've also heard that the Jack Black line is worth a look.
Mabsy

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Anthony Logistics Facial Moisturiser with SPF15 is something that my other half really likes (he has combo and sensitive skin). They also have an oil free facial lotion but I'm not sure if he has tried that.

Btw, apparently it's best to avoid the Anothony Logistics Shaving Cream or at least he really didn't like it in the end (it separated and just in general didn't do a good job for him).
skywolf
5% products discount

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys! Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Decleor has a line for men....If it's anything like their regular line it's worth trying.

Some of the products seem to be quite similar but in larger qty and less $... I wonder hmm...

Clinique for men is the same as the ladies stuff just different packaging and a few products that ladies don't use. If his skin is sensitive I would NOT use it...
Caspers Mum

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:54 am      Reply with quote
As usual, our Forum members have heaps of info. and insight to share! Smile I have a few other ideas to add to their already great ideas! Note: some men prefer that a skincare line advertise that the products are for "men", but there are also some lines which cater to both sexes, and are very effective. Some products to consider:

Cleanser
Decleor Clean Up Daily Purifying Face Gel OR Decleor Cleansing Gel, Murad Refreshing Skin Cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel, Pevonia Purilys Phyto-Gel Cleanser, Phytomer Purifying Cleansing Gel OR Phytomer Global Pur - Detoxifying Cleansing Gel, or Yonka Gel Nettoyant-Cleansing Gel.

Toner
Decleor Matifying Lotion, Anthony Logistics Alcohol Free Toner, Pevonia Purilys Lotion, or Yonka Lotion Normal Oily Skin.

Moisturizers
Decleor Aromessence Visage Ylang Ylang - Aromessence Ylang Ylang followed by Decleor Keep Control SOS Shining Gel OR Hydra-Matt Regulating Fluid, Pevonia Purilys Cream, Anthony Logistics Oil Free Facial Lotion, Phytomer Oligo Pur Anti-Shine Gel OR Phytomer Purifying Emulsion, Yonka Creme PG Impure/Oily Skin Cream.

I am uncertain if you're needing recommendations for shaving products or masks, but if-so, please do not hesistate to ask.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad more men are getting into taking care of their skin. I'm hoping one day my husband will get into taking care of his skin, then we could talk about products Laughing .
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I asked the same question a while back, when I wanted to buy some stuff for my boyfriend. It was really hard to try to figure out what to buy, but I finally bought MD Formulation non-glycolic foaming cleanser and Dermalogica Conditoning body wash.

The MDF cleanser is great. It clenases well and I can see that his skin has a nice glow. It is also very gentle, so I can use it myself too... (nice bonus.. Very Happy ). The price is good too, 250 ml for 22$CAD. My husband does have a combination skin and he doesn't have to use any moisturiser.

The Dermalogica body wash has also become a favourite. Unfortunatly I think the scent is too masculine for me. Very herbal/camphor sort of smell, but it is very gentle...and my husband likes the scent.

Other brands I considered were Babor and Pythomer. Maybe next time? Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
vegas girl,

I WISH my boyfriend would take interest in skincare. He washes his face with water only..no soap or anything!!

At this point I'm just happy he lets me tweeze his uni-brown...My next priority is getting rid of the beard he grew while I was on vacation without him...then will come the skincare!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with CaspersMum. Most skincare lines woman use are just as well suited for men. Go by your skin type and what problems you are trying to address. You will find a wealth of information on this forum.

Sometimes men feel funny buying these products in a store. EDS is a great place to shop! I am sure CaspersMum and Mabsy can guide you in the right direction. CasperMum is right there at the salon and deals with skin issues everyday. You should certainly listen to her advice.

Good luck,

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
skywolf
5% products discount

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, so much recommendations to try! Very Happy

Actually, we're in singapore (asia)... and you know how the sales staff here whd say @ counters, that we have asian skin, different climates with other countries, etc. So was wondering if the selection of products are really different at the other side of the world... Smile Whd it really have a big difference?
Mabsy

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Skywolf - I don't think so. I think being in Singapore you just need to make sure that you stick to buying something lighter rather than heavy creams. We get "Singapore weather" in Brisbane for a few weeks every summer and I just use lighter stuff then. I have many asian friends and a lot of them do use lines that are not available here but mainly because they are after whitening products and these are hard to get these in Australia (e.g. some of the Shiseido ranges). They also use other products and still "manage" to have lovely skin Smile
jcw
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:18 am      Reply with quote
My hubby has recently switched to Clarins (active face wash and moisture balm) and absolutely it. A lot of other lines have also come up with their men's range like Shiseido and I believe Armani Smile
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:11 am      Reply with quote
A great line for men (just for men) is Studio 5. It's used by a lot of male models and actors. They offer a skincare line and also a corrective cosmetic line just for men.

http://www.studio5ive.com/
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skywolf! I live in sticky Tokyo and my husband is Japanese. This link here is to another topic someone had about men's skincare where I raved about what my husband had used.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3090&highlight=

He does not seem to like the "mens" exclusive lines, other than the Aramis Lab Series.

There is also a newish Shiseido line for men.. he loved their oil blotting cream.
skywolf
5% products discount

Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Once again, thanks! Smile

Will check the counters here... Razz

Regds.
Sanriogirl
5% products discount

Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:03 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
vegas girl,

I WISH my boyfriend would take interest in skincare. He washes his face with water only..no soap or anything!!

At this point I'm just happy he lets me tweeze his uni-brown...My next priority is getting rid of the beard he grew while I was on vacation without him...then will come the skincare!

my boyfriend does the same thing! i wonder why some guys don't think its important to wash their face, esp. at night. my guy says its too much of an effort to wash his face at night and he just plops right in bed. thats why i bought him some astringent so he could at least clean his face without too much effort.but i often wonder why he doesnt get zits on his face unlike me...oh well. Confused
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sanriogirl,

I ask myself the same thing, my guy hardly gets zits, just blackheads that pop easily and go away. Did your bf use the astringent you bought him? I was thinking if I got my guy to go with me for a facial and then we could load some stuff on him, but it he won't even use bar soap I doubt he'll buy a decent cleanser for $20 (he's cheap when it comes to himself, spoils me though).

I think I'd have to do a lot of bribing and 'favours' to get him to the spa to begin with...I'm going to try though.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad this thread was started since I was just thinking today that I would give hubby some skincare products for Christmas.

Like others, he washes his face in the shower with his body soap (ugh Confused ) and in general thinks it's too much trouble to do more.

He does get blackheads occasionally though and it seems to concern him.

I wonder if there is a product that comes in a towelette already saturated with some kind of cleansing cream. He'd probably be more prone to use something like that.

JUDY

5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:17 am      Reply with quote
hello lianne,

unfortunately my guy uses the astringent i bought him only ONCE a week. Sad i try to give him a facial whenever i can, just the basic toning and moisturizing, nothing fancy. and yeah, i also want to drag him to my favorite spa so he could at least try a facial for once in his life. who knows, he jsut might enjoy it.

another problem i have with him is his back. it's covered with zits coz he always carries a backpack and i guess the friction and sweat kinda make his back pimple-ish.

JudyM, you're right. I think a towelette with mild cleansers are just the thing for guys. Ive seen things like that (local products). Can anyone suggest a good towellete (what do you call these by the way?).

Thanks peeps!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:39 am      Reply with quote
my guys back is getting a bit bad now too...he started going back to karate so I've been noticing these zits. He does let me pop them..which keeps me from popping my own...hehe.

I gotta get that guy something easy to use..the cloths sound good. The only ones I've seen are the olay and biore ones which I wouldn't buy for myself so why would I buy it for him...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |