Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

looking for lip balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gicugy
5% products discount

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
hi, all

Just wanted some advice on choosing a lip balm. My lip is so dry these days. I used kielh's #1, it's too oily for me. Also used some products of Mentholatum and Shiseido, not good enough neither.

any suggestions on brand for lip balm? thanks
kala~kala
5% products discount

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I love Shiseido(The skin care line )
very much, it good for me.
kingofkings757
5% products discount

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
i like to use soft lips, i got it at my neighborhood drug store.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love Helena Rubinstein Lip Balm. It's so great.
sbb820
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I love Fruits Passion Razz Lip Balm. It's so great.
health2u
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
gicugy wrote:
hi, all

Just wanted some advice on choosing a lip balm. My lip is so dry these days. I used kielh's #1, it's too oily for me. Also used some products of Mentholatum and Shiseido, not good enough neither.

Promise you won't laugh? Kiehl's Cryste Marine Firming Eye Treatment -
I've been using it for eyes cuz it's not greasy, but this week I started using it on my lips, and it's working. Smile
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I think the best lip balm that I have ever used is the Dr Hauschka lip balm, which could keep my lip moisture all night long.
Nicki1213
5% products discount

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
The best lip balm that I've tried lately (in pot form) is l'oreal HIP's Jelly Balm. It comes in five or six sheer colors, and it's just awesome. The consistency is really more like a thick rich cream than jelly, but it is definitely my favorite so far. It makes my lips soft (of course, any balm should) but the thing I like best is the color. I use it in Lucsious, a really deep garnet color - but it's sheer, so it's a much more approachable choice than a lipstick (while at the same time getting your moisture in). It costs six dollars. Beat that! Well, I guess softlips does.

As far as stick balm, I like Dr. Hauschka's. A lot of people say it's crappy compared to the pot version, but I don't think so. I definitely don't agree with $14 for a tube of chapstick, but...whatever. It somehow (despite the carrot orange color) imparts a bit of a deeper color to my lips and gives them a gentle sheen. Very classy, ladies, very classy.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! (first post here) Just wanted to add my 2 cents that the best lip balm I've used is Laura Mercier's Lip Silk, it soothed my lips when they were burning and flaking and it sinks right in without a greasy feeling. Definitely worth it to check out!
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 am      Reply with quote
mac lip conditioner, and ea 8 hours lip care. they are both nice
lacy

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:44 am      Reply with quote
HI

I think KIEHLS 1 # lip balm very good

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Paula's Choice make a great lip balm. Its in a jar though and I don't care for that type of application but it works well.
gicugy
5% products discount

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
health2u wrote:

Promise you won't laugh? Kiehl's Cryste Marine Firming Eye Treatment -
I've been using it for eyes cuz it's not greasy, but this week I started using it on my lips, and it's working. Smile

Bad Grin eye cream used on lips, you are so funny! I'll try tonight, maybe work on me too!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
When a poster says that a particular product doesn't work for her and is asking for suggestions for other products, it is not vetry helpful to suggest the very product she didn't find helpful.

Instead, it would be better to recommend another product and if possible say why you think that one would be better.

Just a suggestion...
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
gicugy wrote:
hi, all

I do agree kielh's can be a bit oily although it really keeps my lips hydrated and smooth in the wintertime.

Recently, as the climate is getting very humid here in Asia, I just started to try Eco Lips lip balm. They offer a wide variety of balms, including vegan and vegetarian. The one I tried is Eco Lips Gold(for dry lips). It has a creamy and light texture, unlike kiehl's sticky and oily texture.

I really love the fact that it has 99% organic natural ingredients which are all edible and I don't need to worry even if I lick it off accidentally.

Best of all, it does a very nice job to keep my lips soft and hydrated. With the price under $4, I highly recommend this pure and safe lip balm.
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm experiencing dry, flaky, unhappy lips this season too. I have tried just about everything out there from Decleor, Caudalie, Fresh to Blistex. I just purchased Lypsyl at the drugstore after reading good things about it. I've used it for a few days now but not noticing anything great. I found Kiehls too greasy for me too, anything with petroleum wears out too quickly leaving me right back where I started from. Nuxe Paris makes a nice almost waxy balm that stays on all night. So far it is one of the best I've tried and it lasts a long time both on the lips and the container. I don't use it much during the day because the texture is a bit heavy so I use the Lypsyl or the Nivea line there's also a nice stick by La Natura that contains shea butter, all of these are under $3. Hope that helps.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend a good lip balm with SPF?
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Aveda makes a nice one with spf 15. If you can get a hold of Labello they have a spf 30 but it's not in the states, you can probably find it online though. Lypsyl has a berry spf 15 too. I think my favorite of these is Aveda, it's clear and moisturizing.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use to love the decleor lip balm, but there was a taste to it that i didnt get use to, but after trying Darphin age defying lip balm, it was sooo good that i dont think i will buy anything else next time, my lip is moist for hours!! and feels so soft after that. def a keeper!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
a review from http://thedailyobsession.net/2009/02/darphin-age-defying-lip-balm/ :

Even during recessionary times, there still seems to be a market for $40 lip balm, as more and more ultra-luxury brands are marketing lip moisturizer that claim to change your life. But no one is really going to tolerate spending that type of cash on a product when it doesn’t deliver what it promises, which is long lasting, comfortable relief from dry, chapped lips. Of course, it doesn’t hurt if the balm is also packed full of anti-aging agents and keeps your lips not only soft, but youthful.

Darphin’s Age Defying Lip Blam does all of the above. It’s my go-to balm for the super cold days when just thinking about going outside is painful. The balm is velvety and heavy so you really feel the literal barrier from the elements the moment you put it on. It molds to your lips making them feel more supple, but delivers a satin-matte finish instead of oily (quite a feat when you look at the ingredients list). I regularly wear this under lipstick without it interfering with the lip color in any way.

Darphin delivers moisture by using four key oils:

• Plum Oil: Harvested in French farmlands, rich in unsaturated acids and vitamin E.
• Kokum Butter: Culled from fields just south of India, it is known as the ultimate emollient.
• Mango Butter: Gathered in India, this repairs the epidermis and improves the skin barrier.
• Sunflower Oil: Sourced from the United States, this oil is revered for its medicinal virtues and is loaded with vitamins E and F.

In addition, the balm is formulated with anti-aging agents to smooth out wrinkles and even promote plumper lips in the long term :

• Maxi Lip™: This peptide stimulates the natural synthesis of collagen, acting as a cellular messenger that improves the density of the skin and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles.
• Organic Argan Oil & Rosemary Oil: Together, these form a natural antioxidant complex that neutralizes free radicals and helps to protect the lips from aging.

My lips are so soft and smooth from using this for a couple of weeks. Darphin is carried at Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus. (Their new packaging - not shown on the sites - is wider and thinner so you don’t have to dig into the jar to get product).
sbb820
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
By terry Baume de Rose is very good
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I used to have Kiehl's but felt it was too greasy and the smell was too industrial. Now I am using Caudalie and Rosebud and like Rosebud more because it is lighter and smells nice.
halcyon_zyq
5% products discount

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I like desert essence lip balm with shea butter, not greasy and providing enough protection for dry lips.
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
gicugy wrote:
hi, all

i use carmex, which is good, except the bad smell Bad Grin
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use Aquaphor at night, but I'm interested in Nickil213's suggestion of the L'oreal HIP balm.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |