Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Your Top 5 Anti-Aging Products that give NOTICEABLE RESULTS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I mean a real measurement of lines diminishing and firming. Not just stuff that "feels good" There are so many with silicone in them to do that. It is absolutely overwhelming out there and the only way to not waste your money is by hearing about others who got results. Does anything REALLY work out there?
pieperd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I am 44 and experiencing the change in my skin. The texture is not as smooth, and some fine lines around my eyes. I prefer natural/organic products and have found recently that my skin is positively reacting to Jurlique. It was a sample that I received, and I've notice the texture and fine lines are smoother, as well tone is clearer. I am very happy with the results. There are other products that firm, but I don't think I am there yet. I have rosacea issues, and I am using the Balancing day creme.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Easy Eye solutions seems to be a good product.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals Phloretin CE, Tazorac, Obagi Clear (4% hydroquinone), Avene Fluide s/s with SPF 60 PPD 20, vaseline around my eyes at night (seriously takes away wrinkles Shock ), and a gentle glycolic or lactic acid.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I just rec'd samples of the Purlisse line and really like it. If you contact them either e-mail or phone they will send you a sample pack of their serums and lotions. Really nice line, simple and mild. My skin is so soft after using it. I haven't used it long enough to notice major changes but am happy with it and plan to purchase a few items soon.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have just recently started to use the Neal's Yard Rejuvenating Frankincense Serum and I find it to be very impressive so far. I totally agree with what you say about the use of silicones in skin care products as it isn't really doing anything for your skin as far as I can see just smoothing over the bumps. I guess if people wanted something like that in a make up base then that is fine but I want my skin care to actually do something positive for my skin.

I am 31 so perhaps not just yet the best judge of anti-aging prowess but since using this serum I have noticed an improvment in fine lines around my eyes and in skin texture. I think the whole Frankincense range at Neals Yard is very good and the Wild rose balm is also excellent with a lovely soothing effect on the skin. I am a die hard Dr Hauschka fan but I do think that these Neals yard products just edge it on the anti-aging front.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Here are my five that really work for me:

A stable L-ascorbic acid serum (I use Cellularskin-rx)

A potent retinoid (I use Avene Diacneal, but I wish I could tolerate Retin A)

Glycolic acid (6% in diacneal)

LED (I use Pro Light Platinum)

Avene tinosorb SPF 50+ emulsion sunscreen

Here are some runners up that I can't say for sure work but I think do, based more on the science behind them than on observable results:

NIA 24 niacinamide cream

Multi=peptide serum (I have used Cellularskin-rx's super peptide serum, am now using the virtually identical CSI serum).
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
By the way, for a comprenhensive study looking at what works, why it works, and what evidence suggests it works, see this study:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en%26lr=%26cites=11772805916842476468

I mentioned this in another post a few days ago but I don't know how to link to that earlier post. Crying or Very sad So excuse me for posting again.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
By the way, for a comprenhensive study looking at what works, why it works, and what evidence suggests it works, see this study:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en%26lr=%26cites=11772805916842476468

I mentioned this in another post a few days ago but I don't know how to link to that earlier post. Crying or Very sad So excuse me for posting again.

This is a great study, I just read it today. I plan to make a couple of changes to my routine because of it.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
5 products I got reulsts from (I don't use all of them now)

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic

Formula 2006 - A toner-like product that contains glycolic and salicyclic acids

Avene Retrinal

IS Clinical Active serum

IS Clinical Polyvitamin serum
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Skinceuticals Phloretin CE, Tazorac, Obagi Clear (4% hydroquinone), Avene Fluide s/s with SPF 60 PPD 20, vaseline around my eyes at night (seriously takes away wrinkles Shock ), and a gentle glycolic or lactic acid.
Can vaseline work for eyes?
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
I have just recently started to use the Neal's Yard Rejuvenating Frankincense Serum and I find it to be very impressive so far. I totally agree with what you say about the use of silicones in skin care products as it isn't really doing anything for your skin as far as I can see just smoothing over the bumps. I guess if people wanted something like that in a make up base then that is fine but I want my skin care to actually do something positive for my skin.

I am 31 so perhaps not just yet the best judge of anti-aging prowess but since using this serum I have noticed an improvment in fine lines around my eyes and in skin texture. I think the whole Frankincense range at Neals Yard is very good and the Wild rose balm is also excellent with a lovely soothing effect on the skin. I am a die hard Dr Hauschka fan but I do think that these Neals yard products just edge it on the anti-aging front.
I totally agree with you about NYR. The frankincense products line are fantanstic and worth to money. But I have not tried their new launched frankincense serum, how you feel about it?
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ximing, I just love the new Rejuvenating Frankincense Serum. I would say it is probably the best serum I have used. It is almost like a milk and you do not need much to cover your whole face. I also use it on my under eye area and like I said I really do see a positive effect on fine lines and skin texture since using it. It's main ingrediants are Frankincense oil, Turmeric root extract, blueberry oil, gotu kola extract and mandarin oil. I have been looking for a while for an natural booster serum to give my skin a little extra TLC and I really feel I have found it with this product. It works well on it's own at bedtime or under the Hydrating Frankincense cream during the day.
If you are near a NYR you could pop in and they may be able to give you a sample maybe even take a tiny bottle for them to put it in they are normally quite good that way.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you pandora77, are you also living in the UK? I never thought NYR has any sample at all. I have a 20% off voucher code. Check it out
http://www.hotukdeals.com/merchant/neals-yard-remedies

I am going to buy the serum Laughing
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
No problem ximing, yes I am in the UK also. I don't think that NYR have samples as such but they will normally give you one if you ask.

I bought that issue of Marie Claire and used the discount to get my serum as well. It's a great offer and clever of them to get us hooked like that!
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
my mum is 55,and she loves alpha derma skincare. she said they are working with wrinkle and lines
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
No problem ximing, yes I am in the UK also. I don't think that NYR have samples as such but they will normally give you one if you ask.

I bought that issue of Marie Claire and used the discount to get my serum as well. It's a great offer and clever of them to get us hooked like that!

well ,even though there is no samples, but they have consepte store some where ,easy to try it on anyway.
sbb820
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
This post is very good, I'll study
shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't read any of the articles...because I don't have a username/password and each one is 31.50?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I must sound like a broken record, but the L'Oreal Revitalift eye cream is working wonders on my eyes. I also tried the Revitalift Day SPF18, and even my co-worker is commenting on it that my skin looks good. The skin above my nose-to-mouth line has flattened out, so the line is barely visible any more.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Renova; Revive creme lustre; Revive Peau Magnifique, Skin Medica's TNS Recovery Complex; Jan Marini Age intervention regeneration booster
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Try this link:
ttp://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=Cosmeceutical+Agent+TC+Tsai+BM+Hantash%2C&btnG=Search

Or just go to Google Scholar and look for "cosmeceutical agent and TC Tsai"
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
For me
1.Cellcosmet Ultra Vital
2.Valmont Regenera II Cellular Restoring Nourishing Cream
3.Valmont Intensive Chrono Cellular Treatment
4.Menard Embellir Liquid
5.not found
Emma_N
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Medica's TNS Recovery Complex
Janson Beckett AlphaDerma CE

these two I have tried 2 bottles each but look like no difference. Still searching for a better one.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I used to find Neal's Yard essential oils occasionally on my travels, and was impressed by their superior quality. I had no idea they had branched out into a wider range of skin products, and would love to try them. Does anyone know if they are available anywhere in Canada, or from a Canadian site??
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |