Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

a clear nose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
i hate the blackheads in my nose. I am trying so hard to keep my nose clear without damaging the skin. but it still is impossible to get rid of them all.

I long to have a clear nose just the one my 3 years old cousin had.

Crying or Very sad

does anyone have a clear and smooth nose??

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:
i hate the blackheads in my nose. I am trying so hard to keep my nose clear without damaging the skin. but it still is impossible to get rid of them all.

Crying or Very sad

I don't! Still looking for the miracle cream for that. Sad
And Yes - there are.. Wink
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
The popular aspirin mask certainly works for me.

After applying aspirin mask on my nose 3 times a week , my stubborn blackheads on the nose were GONE within a few weeks! My nose becomes really clear and smooth.

This is possibly the most EFFECTIVE as well as the CHEAPEST way I've ever used to eliminate my blackheads.

HTH
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:

After applying aspirin mask on my nose 3 times a week , my stubborn blackheads on the nose were GONE within a few weeks! My nose becomes really clear and smooth.

This is possibly the most EFFECTIVE as well as the CHEAPEST way I've ever used to eliminate my blackheads.

HTH

Aspirin, as in headache medicine?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:

YES! Just make sure it says 'UNCOATED' - you have to really look for that as most are coated.

For me, it wasn't blackheads but I had a TON of pore congestion. BHA helped a lot, but what has made the most dramatic improvement for me is low dose oral antibiotics (specifically minocycline).

My pores are 99% clear Very Happy I can't squeeze anything out of them even if I wanted too. And because there's nothing in my pores, I haven't picked at my face. And because of that - voila, PERFECT skin!!!!! I'm so happy with my skin

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
[/quote]

Aspirin, as in headache medicine?[/quote]

Yes, it works because aspirin contains salicylic acid which sloughs off dead skin cells and other impurities .

You can really mix the aspirin tablets (uncoated) with any kind of mask (or even plain yogart, honey, essential oils) to make it stick to your skin.

For me, I usually take 3 tablets of aspirin, dissolve them with a few drops of water, mix them with about one tablespoon of plain yogurt or my masks. Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, and wash it off.

Sometimes i will even use an electric toothbrush to massage the nose and chin areas for a few minutes before washing off which also helps to get rid of the stubborn blackheads.

This simple method just works wonders for me!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:

For me, it wasn't blackheads but I had a TON of pore congestion.

Uh, what's the difference? hmm
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:

Aspirin, as in headache medicine?[/quote]

Yes, it works because aspirin contains salicylic acid which sloughs off dead skin cells and other impurities .

You can really mix the aspirin tablets (uncoated) with any kind of mask (or even plain yogart, honey, essential oils) to make it stick to your skin.

For me, I usually take 3 tablets of aspirin, dissolve them with a few drops of water, mix them with about one tablespoon of plain yogurt or my masks. Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, and wash it off.

Sometimes i will even use an electric toothbrush to massage the nose and chin areas for a few minutes before washing off which also helps to get rid of the stubborn blackheads.

This simple method just works wonders for me![/quote]

Oh my! I'm so glad I found this forum. Smile
Aspirin are not available in my country, so it should work with any headache medicine with salicylic acid? Are there any ingredient I should look out for - there are some difference I suppose.
Uncoated..aren't all tablets coated btw..hmm...I should visit the pharmacy this weekend, they should know. Does It do anything by the enlarged pore as well..? Smile
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
tsjmom wrote:

For me, it wasn't blackheads but I had a TON of pore congestion.

Uh, what's the difference? hmm

Blackheads look black in the pore because of oxidation. Congested pores don't have any color to them - they just look like small bumps under the skin or white wormy things when you squeeze your pores.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm. Are you sure the white stuff is congestion I think it's just normal sebum. It's not meant to be squeezed out but I think most people would have it if they squeezed their nose.

Here's a dermatologist
"Pores are normal. The white stuff you squeeze out is sebum, or oil, and that is normal too. "
Dr. Alan Rockoff, MD

I was going to suggest the more expensive option of Alpha Beta Peels by MD Skincare but the aspirin mask could work very well (I've never tried it myself).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I only recently discovered the wonders of a blackhead extractor. It's just a little metal loop that is placed over the blackhead - press the skin and out it pops. It's extremely effective and provides hours of fun! Just be sure to use good hygiene when using it - it's also a good idea to apply some anti-septic cream after extracting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've always avoided getting one of those. I think their harmless in the right hands but with obsessive compulsive tendencies it would be a nightmare if I had one.
I had another thought for the asker.
Why not try a glycolic cleanser, clay mask, or clarisonic. Just adding one of these things to your routine should give you some improvement.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
i got blackheads and big pors on the nose as well, waiting for the good solution
sbb820
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
You must have noticed the day will clean, can use Eve Lom products
monchan
5% products discount

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I also have blackhead. anyone try Aspirin? please let me know your result. Thanks
puppysha
5% products discount

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Someone suggest use the baby oil.Apply a small amount of dry nose.Massage for 2 minutes.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:

Aspirin are not available in my country, so it should work with any headache medicine with salicylic acid? Are there any ingredient I should look out for - there are some difference I suppose.
Uncoated..aren't all tablets coated btw..hmm...I should visit the pharmacy this weekend, they should know. Does It do anything by the enlarged pore as well..? Smile

I usually use the uncoated Bayer Aspirin as it's easier to mix with water and my masks. Try to see if you can find that in your local drugstore. Otherwise, it is also available at many on-line drugstores.

Apart from eliminating blackheads, aspirin mask also can help to minimize large pores and clear up acne and blemishes.

I heard some people even mix it with their shampoo to treat the dandruff.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:34 am      Reply with quote
callalily wrote:
I've always avoided getting one of those. I think their harmless in the right hands but with obsessive compulsive tendencies it would be a nightmare if I had one.
I had another thought for the asker.
Why not try a glycolic cleanser, clay mask, or clarisonic. Just adding one of these things to your routine should give you some improvement.

well, iam using clay mask 3 times a week, but still cannot reduce the blackhead,,god!`
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:
Vanilj wrote:

I usually use the uncoated Bayer Aspirin as it's easier to mix with water and my masks. Try to see if you can find that in your local drugstore. Otherwise, it is also available at many on-line drugstores.

Apart from eliminating blackheads, aspirin mask also can help to minimize large pores and clear up acne and blemishes.

well ,seems like some about aha stuff ,it is easy to make skin more sensitive.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:07 am      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:

Ok, I've google on uncoated Bayer Aspirin and online store - but I can't find the right stuff I think.. If You know any good online drugstore, I would be grateful if you could post it here. Or anyone else for that mather. Smile
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:54 am      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:

Crying or Very sad

I get really great results using Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA. Two -three times per week is my maintenance. In the beginning though I used it nightly for about a month. All my blackheads are gone. I'm left with the holes though and for that you can use Paula's Choice AHA and over time your pores could get smaller, it just takes time and consistent use of the product. Good luck!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:
moonstone wrote:

HTH

Yes! this would work because of the salycilic acid in it. That will do just as well. Great!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the "concentration" of an Asprin mask? I'm looking at the PSF 5% BHA serum, and wondering which would be more effective.. TIA!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I guess a combination of BHA & AHA would help with enlarged clogged pores. The BHA dissolves the the sebum deep down the pores & the AHA sloughs off the surface layer of the skin.

By using both acids at the same time, I'm sure your pores will improve whole lot. Just make sure to be patient and give it some time! Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have also had really good results with the aspirin mask, which is so cheap and easy to use. More recently I have found that the Karin Herzog Essential Mask really clears out the pores. I leave it on for about an hour. I have read that some leave it on overnight even.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |