Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Bio Folligen Shampoo and Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying a number of stuff from Skin Biology right now. I really hope it works because I already spent a good bunch of money.

But I just wanted to let you know about one thing I noticed while using their Folligen Shampoo and Conditioner. It makes blond hair GREEN. Well, greenish, enough green that others can notice and ask: "why your hair is green?"

Ok, by blond hair, I mean my highlighted hair, but anyway, I hope it actually does good for the hair in time, but after using it for a week+ (every other day or so), I have to take a break and I don't know how to continue... Don't really want Green Highlights in my hair. Confused
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oh boy sorry to hear that.

Just curious what was your motivation of getting the Folligen Shampoo and Conditioner in the first place, for fuller hair?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Are you using just a little product? It doesn't take much to get the job done. I would try taking a small amount and adding water then put on your hair.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
You should check their forum... I don't think it's actually recommended for blondes...

If you cont. to use it... I would dilute it...

Also, they do have a product for blondes...

http://store.reverseskinaging.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=43

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I read that, too, that you aren't supposed to use it if you have blonde (dyed) hair. I thought they came out with formula for blondes though.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
They have a treatment formula for blondes, but not shampoo and conditioner.

And blondes are NOT the only ones who need to watch out for color problems...the Folligen spray did not initially change my reddish salon colored hair, but DID interact the next time I had my roots touched up. Shock It created a 2 inch muddy brown line from the roots up that took 6 MONTHS and lots of MY $$$ to correct. Mad Mad Mad And as usual, Skin Biology had less than stellar service in answering the salon owner's questions. Rolling Eyes

I personally cannot recommend that ANYONE use anything but the Folligen for Blondes product...it uses a tin peptide, and I had very good results from it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
This is the second time I read that skinbio doesn't have a very good customer service. They sound kinda awful actually. Is anyone still patronizing this shop?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
This is the second time I read that skinbio doesn't have a very good customer service. They sound kinda awful actually. Is anyone still patronizing this shop?

Skin Biology is VERY well-known for crappy service. That's why many people prefer to buy from a reseller.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
When you say good results, can you go into it a bit more? Did you notice problems corrected or increased hair growth, etc? I used the Folligen, but, I too had a major problem with the discolouration and discontinued use.

bethany wrote:
They have a treatment formula for blondes, but not shampoo and conditioner.

And blondes are NOT the only ones who need to watch out for color problems...the Folligen spray did not initially change my reddish salon colored hair, but DID interact the next time I had my roots touched up. Shock It created a 2 inch muddy brown line from the roots up that took 6 MONTHS and lots of MY $$$ to correct. Mad Mad Mad And as usual, Skin Biology had less than stellar service in answering the salon owner's questions. Rolling Eyes

I personally cannot recommend that ANYONE use anything but the Folligen for Blondes product...it uses a tin peptide, and I had very good results from it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
When you say good results, can you go into it a bit more? Did you notice problems corrected or increased hair growth, etc? I used the Folligen, but, I too had a major problem with the discolouration and discontinued use.

Quote:

I had significantly increased growth in thin spots when using the Folligen for Blondes followed by emu oil (which also activates dormant hair follicules).

But I now have a LaserMax (90 lasers) and that has blown me away with the results...the most new hair growth I have ever had with any product (and I have tried them ALL due to stress-related hairloss since the early 90's). And a lot of my new hairs are no longer gray either. Shock But it is FAR more expensive too. Confused

Here is the thread...you can read about my latest results on page 4.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32003

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |