Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Need some new advise/ideas in my total skincare regime..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

After a couple of active weeks in this forum - I am SO happy and soon so poor when I need to try all the new exciting products You all rave about. Wink

I'd made some notes, and now I would be happy if You all could give me some suggestions to my not yet completed skincare regime.

Even last night I got the insight that plain painkillers can reduce blackheads. What can I say - I love this forum! Smile

I'm been faithful to Decleor under many many years. Although I don't like all their products, and I'd settle for OK...

But now I'm starting to realise I'm getting older. Wink Turning 35 in a couple of weeks and I felt its time to consider some more active effort from me to make my skin last and glow for many many years to come.. Rolling Eyes

Ok, I got difficult skin, but people dont think so anyway, I always wear mineral makeup - Bare Essenses - And mascara and a eyebrow pencil. So Im good at covering up!

I have sensitive skin, on the cheeks I got sun damages since the teenager stupid suntanning period. Got some small red veins under the surface, makes my skin reddish and uneven. Thin skin. Gets sunspots when I expose to the sun. Now I always use SPF, its in the mineral makeup products (SPF15) and if I sun at the beach, I use SPF 30 in the face. I try not to let the face get so much sun exposure. But I live in the north of Sweden, and we have a short summer, so some sun I must have to endure the looong wither.
I got enlarged pores mostly on my nose. Some blackheads also. Don't have so much wrinkles yet. I often hear that I look younger than my age - but that's only when I wear full make-up on. Laughing They should only wish to see my without make-up..NOT!

But I think my skin starts to sag a little bit, around my mouth and the cheakline. Got one large line there some days, and some days I'm really smooth. so weird. So I definitely believe that facial gymnastics could help out. Should I give it a go? Been interesting trying out the BQ, but its so expensive.. but if it works its a good investment.
Got dry skin, with a tendency to oil up during the day. gets shiny, I work with computers all day, and I think that contributes to the oiliness. But it gets oily even when don't work, but not as much as when I work.

So, these are my main issues to the face. Oh! Almost forgot, I have small eyes and short lashes, so I purchased Revitalash tree months ago, still don't See a dramatic change, but some change in color and fullness, only want length now..

This is my suggestion - please comment and make other suggestions, I'm a bit confused right now in what I should go for.

I need a good cleansing gel, I'm a sucker for the foaming or slightly foaming kinds. Its important that it really cleans off all the makeup I use, such as mascara. (when I get looong lashes, I don't need to use mascara every day I hope Wink )

I use Decleor Face and Eye face water, for sensitive skin. No fragrance and no colour. I like that product a lot.

Right now I'm using a cheaper eye cream. Not good at all.. I have not som much wrinkles yet, but I don got darkness under my eyes, and some puffiness some days.. So I thought about trying out Easy Eye solutions. Should I need to buy the both products?

At night I use Revitalash.

I used i some periods MD Formulations skincare. I have sometimes problems with some breakouts, and I use the Cleaning gel for sensitive skin, and sometimes leave it on for a few minutes as a treatment, before I wash it of. But I don't think AHA products are so good for my thin skin, to use all the time?

And sometime I use the MD Formulation lotion as a night treatment, when the skin are really bad with breakouts.

Got I tip yesterday, about using aspirin a couple of times a week, for blackheads. If any Swedish girl read this, please tip me off with a Swedish band to try with the same components. Uncoated.

OK, I move on.
Peeling, Decleor Phytopeel, once or twice a week.

Day Creme, and also my night creme at the moment, Decleor Hydra Floral, the jar. Good moisturizer, but don't treat wrinkles.. should I complete whit a powerful serum underneath?

I almost forgot. I saw that the Dr H, Rejuvenating mask are very good with difficult skin? Can work with my skin type?
In that case I try that with my next order.

AHA, Retinol...etc..? I can't get I clue on what I should use, and not use.. hmm

So, any suggestions?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I think you can delete or edit it out; check your personal settings.

Your skin care dilemmas is just normal aging like many of us. I don't use any of the Essential day spa products.

To keep my pores clear and black heads at bay, I just use Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA at night and nothing else 2-3 times per week. On the alternate evenings I use only Elizabeth Grant pm serum and thats it. During the day, I use the Paula's Choice spf 15 non greasy sunscreen or if I feel like using foundation an spf 15 foundation all over the face. Basically my skin care costs are minimal. Using expensive skin care may not necessarily work; its the formulation that counts.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I can give you a few suggestions and product recommendations (I'll keep it to products you can buy from EDS, and not that I have necessarily used). You may want to start using some products that activate and stimulate your skin and I don't think the Decleor products do that.

First, I definately think you should do the facial exercises. I don't do them myself, one of these days I hope I'm motivated enough to start them, but it seems that some of the forum members have had great results with it. It just makes sense that if you start execercising the muscles on your face you should see some improvement the same way you see improvement with exercising the body.

If you're looking to change your cleanser and want one that foams nicely and works good, I recommend Kate Somerville gentle daily cleanser. You may want to pair it with the Clarisonic. I think you should use something with glycolic acid in it so the MD Formulations cleanser should be good, just leave it on your skin for a minute before rinsing to get the optimal benefit from it. I don't think I would use that cleanser twice a day.

You may want to start using a Vitamin C product in the morning (maybe Cellular Skin C+ Firming serum).

Maybe instead of using a moisturizer during the day you should try a serum (Cellular Skin Supermax Multi-peptide serum looks good).

I think it's important to exfoliate 2-3 times a week with an exfoliating product like the Decleor Phytopeel. I can also recommend either the Kate Somerville enzyme scrub and mask or the ZO skin health exfoliating polish.

At night you might want to be more agressive and use a serum with retinol. Since you like MD Formulations, their Vit-A-Plus Anti-Aging serum looks good. It has retinol and glycolic acid. I would stay away from using a cream at night.

The Dr. H rejeuvenation mask looks good too.

Those are just a few quick thoughts and suggestions. If you do place an order with EDS ask for a sample of the Cellcosmet eye cream, you might really like it.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
have you tried the Decleor Excellence range yet?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |