Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Giorgio Armani foundation in canada
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I heard about there is a really greate reviews on Giorgio Armani foundation. Has anyone knows where can I buy it in Canada?

Thanks!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Holt Renfrew !

It's an amazing foundation
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks RussianSunshine!

However, there is no Hotrenfrew in my city!
Is there any web saling ?
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would try Holt's. Where abouts are you in Canada? I believe Holt Renfrew carries Armani Cosmetics but my mind draws a blank on whether I've seen one in the Vancouver store...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I am living in Victoria which is not Hot Renfrew store, so I would like to know if there is any other place I can find this foundation.
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:00 am      Reply with quote
You can also order online from Neiman Marcus. They ship to Canada.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:37 am      Reply with quote
i am in australia, and use color no 5 now. natural look, and i think it's 95 or 85dollers. good fundation
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Holts delivers for a reasonable charge depending where you live. Just call the closest one and ask.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Buying foundation online is reasonable only if u know the color Neutral

And also, they have 2 foundations : Luminous silk foundation (liquid) and Face Fabric with SPF 12 (silicone-based) And I love them both, silk foundations for the evening, Fabric for the day.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I am looking for Luminous silk foundation. I think #4 is good for me.

I check saksfifthavenue.com, and they carry this foundation. The ship to Canada and not charge addiotn duty. One of my friend told me the website will have discount in the end of April.

Anyone knows how much discont in April?
EskieServant
5% products discount

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes, only at Holt's and they will deliver. But foundations are so hard - I know this because I have a seriously hard time finding one. I can't use Armani and if you have any acid in your skin the colour can really change. You could see if someone at the Vancouver store would send you some samples, but if not, perhaps you have a trip to Vancouver planned at some point - that would probably be the easiest way to check out the line. I am currently using Cle de Peau Satin foundation - now available at Holt's in Toronto - used to be just Vancouver - and the SA tried everything on me and then I told her the one I thought would work - and it shouldn't have - but did. So body chemistry has such an impact.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
My Holts isn't far but enough to make it inconvenient. I just ordered a lipstick (hard to go wrong..really) and they sent samples along with the package. Shipping under $100 is $7-$12 if you have a Holts card and free over $100. Plus, I get it next day...instant gratification.
EskieServant
5% products discount

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Yes, only at Holt's and they will deliver. But foundations are so hard - I know this because I have a seriously hard time finding one. I can't use Armani and if you have any acid in your skin the colour can really change. You could see if someone at the Vancouver store would send you some samples, but if not, perhaps you have a trip to Vancouver planned at some point - that would probably be the easiest way to check out the line. I am currently using Cle de Peau Satin foundation - now available at Holt's in Toronto - used to be just Vancouver - and the SA tried everything on me and then I told her the one I thought would work - and it shouldn't have - but did. So body chemistry has such an impact.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
My Holts isn't far but enough to make it inconvenient. I just ordered a lipstick (hard to go wrong..really) and they sent samples along with the package. Shipping under $100 is $7-$12 if you have a Holts card and free over $100. Plus, I get it next day...instant gratification.

hi,marina,did you order online from holt?would you please give me a link?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all responser!

It is so sad to heard HR is the only place that I can find this item Crying or Very sad
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
marina wrote:

hi,marina,did you order online from holt?would you please give me a link?

No, I call the nearest Holts and order from the counter.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Eskie Servant sounds like you've run through the gamut of upscale foundations. Sorry if that sentence is weird living with my english as a second language boyfriend is distorting my syntax. I notice my Christian Dior tinted moisturizer also gets a little darker as the day goes on. Do you like your Cle de Peau much more than Armani in terms of texture. Many foundations make me feel way too oily and clog my pores... I do have large pores so I might even be required to use a primer.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
callily - Yes, I have tried just about every foundation. I much prefer the Cle de Peau Satin - only the Satin formulation will work for me - over the Armani - partially because I can't use the Armani, the colours in Armani won't work for me - and neither does the coverage. Although I somehow manage to pull off a "natural" look, since my skin is so dry, it sucks up the oil-based foundations. People can never believe how much I am wearing. I was once stopped by an YSL makeup artist at Holt's -he was there promoting the line's then newest foundation - about 1 1/2 years ago. It was a very thin formulation - not unlike a tinted moisturizer - and I told him that it would not provide nearly enough coverage - actually none -and he told me it would provide the same coverage as the foundation I was wearing. At the time I was wearing Sisley's Transmat in Beige Clair 0 - 3 full "shots" of it - my SA at Sisley was at the next counter and was laughing. So he asked her and she confirmed. My skin was never oily, not even as a teen - but that didn't stop the cystic acne of course and now at 58 3/4 things haven't gotten better! I did try the La Mer Cream foundation - but it was too drying on me - has extra emollients, not oil apparently - and the lightest colour was too dark - I would need to be able to use the liquid in same shade to pull it off - and couldn't. Usually whether liquid or cream colour is the same. Chanel's Vitalumiere in cream formula is too dark even in the lightest shade - which has caused problems for the SAs since its reformulation. Many clients moved to the Sisley Beige Clair or now to Cle de Peau. Skin care is an equally hard for me since I can't use acids, most botanicals, added SPF etc. Then there is the lipstick fiasco - a brown can turn hot pink in a number of minutes. A couple of years ago the Armani SA moved to La Mer and told me how lucky I was to be able to wear any l/s shade - and her CM laughed because she had known me for years since she had her own store - and tried La Mer cream on me and I broke out in boils. So she suggested that a certain Armani lipstick would be perfect on me - so I went and got it. She was stupified - hot pink again - and I do not suit pink in any form. For me I must find the perfect lip liner and seriously fill in my lips - and of course the latest was d/c 2 years ago by Sisley - shade Auburn - and was pulled. But I found 2 by asking SAs to go through the drawers. I am just about out - so last week I bought Chanel's Siena which I topped off with Cle de Peau's Extra Silky Lipstick in Shade 102 which is sort of a Cognac Brown shade - but when used over the Siena or Auburn pencils turns to a reddish brown which suits me. You are only supposed to use 2 clicks of the Extra Silky - I need 6 and then must blot to remove the glossy finish as it has never suited me. Plan B is Sisley's L23 over the Auburn l/l - again way different on me. I try everything before I buy it - and people who have seen me at Holt's for years and watch the progression of years often will ask me what I am using and for my recommendations on nice pinks because they know how I love them - and how awful they look - or turn on me!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
It still amazes me how l/s changes on many people. I love the extra silky l/s & #110 is a perfect nude on me...beige with sheen. I can't imagine it turning pink on anyone.

Naturally, as soon as I discovered them, CDP ws pulled from Montreal & I have to order sight unseen from Toronto. At that price....nah.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |