Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

my skin is CONSTANTLY red - what do I need to do?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
could

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
My siblings, all of whom are acne-prone, are always telling me how much they wish they had my clear skin. I almost never have acne beyond blackheads on my nose. I've probably had 12 or so big pimples my entire life (I'm 22) I have no pimple scarring or hyperpigmentation of that sort. My curse is redness. I have extremely combo skin, with a very oily nose and very dry cheeks and forehead. My cheeks are always a charming (lol) shade of bright red. They are also rough, textured like sandpaper and quite sensitive. I've tried almost everything, but nothing worked, and I got tired of throwing away tons of $$ on products that were leaving my just the same as if I did nothing at all to my skin. I've tried retinol, expensive sunscreens (Vichy; LRP), expensive serums, anything that got rave reviews and seemed like it could help me out. Finally I decided I needed to just stop and let my skin breathe.

now I'm willing to try again, but I have almost no money to spend on skincare so that really limits my options. My current skincare 'regime' is very simple - in the morning I usually just rinse my face, put Cerave lotion on my cheeks and forehead (but not my nose), and apply Hawaiian Tropic Sensitive Skin sunscreen. I don't like or wear makeup at all. at night I take the sunscreen off with Jojoba oil and sometimes Cerave cleanser as well if I feel the oil isn't cutting it. Then I apply Alpha Hydrox lotion to my entire face and (hopefully!) fall asleep.

Is there anything that isn't going to wreck my bank account that I could put into my daily regimen? I'm not averse to DIY serums or lotions, but in this economy I really can't waste too much money.

I saw that the skin brightening White Daisy serum on GoW was very cheap...is that mostly for people with acne pigmentation or would that be helpeful to me too?

I'm open to any suggestions!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you have Rosacea. IPL laser treatment is recommended for this condition, but it's expensive. The Lightstim company also make an LED light for treating Rosacea but that also might be too expensive for you. A cheaper alternative would be to try a topical such as Finacea Gel - an over-the-counter cream for Rosacea.

http://www.thegreendirectory.com.au/green-pages/body-care-articles/blushing-beauty-or-rosacea-sufferer?/

http://www.thevictoriancosmeticinstitute.com.au/rosacea/

However, before you embark on any treatments I would suggest you see a doctor or dermatologist to analyse your condition.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I am pretty darned sure you have rosacea - I have both facial and ocular. I wouldn't be able to use any of the products you are using now - particularly the acids. There is a thread on here called something like "Rosacea - A Cautionary Tale" - by someone who has used every product that was supposed to help (from the derm) and every other possible product - to no avail. Like me the OP is in her 50s. The only thing that saved me from trying many of the products she did was that I am allergic to many of them - forget anything from derm - he agrees - and forget anything anti-aging - and "natural" well that can be really harsh. It is an interesting read. I am of Irish Heritage - auburn hair (now coloured of course) and have very pale, yellow-based, extra thin skin. I hate the ocular rosacea more than the facial. Any product that is geared to rosacea prone skin will cause me serious problems - this is common. And suncreens are really hard -I must use a stand-alone sunscreen and finding one I can use is really hard - and since my skin is so dry it must not dry to an extra dry finish which is a problem for me.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:51 am      Reply with quote
could wrote:
I saw that the skin brightening White Daisy serum on GoW was very cheap...is that mostly for people with acne pigmentation or would that be helpeful to me too?

I would not recommend this for you...treating redness is very different than treating pigmentation. Plus, I own it, and had to relegate it to treating my legs because it was too strong for my face.

I would suggest reading the 302 thread (under product reviews)...Lowbrowscientist has rosacea and has great luck with that line. It is perfect for people with any kind of skin issues (or people who like a less agressive approach).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
My first thought at reading your post was rosacea, but "rough and textured like sandpaper" does not sound like rosacea, it sounds like irritation or allergy. I agree with Keliu that you need to see a dermatologist.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi. That is too bad about your skin problems. Like some of the others who replied I have rosacea and your condition does not sound like it, with the rough skin. I would also suggest a consultation with a dermatologist to be certain what skin condition you are dealing with so you don't aggravate it more. I am thinking the alpha hydroxy product and the Hawaiian Tropical sunscreen could be problematic. Hawaiian Tropical to me seems to be more for the body and not the sensitive facial area as they don't specialize in facial care. HTH
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
have u tried skinceuticals skinceuticals phyto-corrective??

Maybe u shud try decleor rose d'orient, OR darhin camomille Very Happy i lvoe it!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I would stop the AHA, it could be irritating your skin. You problem does not sound like a pigmentation issue so I would not use the gow daisy serum.

I would see a derm before trying any new products. You could have rosacea, dermatitis or a yeast issue that will require an rx. IMO its not worth spending your money on more products when you don't really know what the problem is.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with rosacea, but my massage therapist had it and I just remember her cheecks being red, not rough. Someone mentioned allergies and that's something you might want to consider. Is your cheeks always red or just occassionally? My young son has alot of food allergies and gets very red, rough, bumpy cheeks if anyone is cooking food with any of his allergens around him. Of course he has more severe reactions with direct contact. You would know if you had food allergies, but maybe you have a sensitivity to maybe a cream you are using, laundry detergent, cleaning products, anything like that. Just a thought. When allergies rule your life, it tends to be the first thing I think of when I hear of rashy type skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the others that said you should see a doctor. I would definitely not add anything new until you know what you are dealing with.

Is the rough texture on your cheeks in patches, bumps, etc? Is the rough texture there all the time or does it come and go?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think you have rosacea? Have you tried laser treatment? Have you consulted with a derm on what might help?
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Added moisture, you need a large number of water

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:41 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:

Question Confused What?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
luyan wrote:

Question Confused What?

I think she means that to hydrate the skin you need to drink lots of water.

This reminds me of when I was learning to speak Chinese - us English speaking students could communicate with each other in very bad Chinese quite adequately. But our Chinese teacher didn't have a clue what we were trying to say!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think you can use dermalogica products,such as GENTLE SOOTHING BOOSTER,that is useful for
constantly red skin.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
You should see the dermetologist! Use the products which are suggested by the doctor.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
See a dermatologist and see if you have rosacea.

If it's not rosacea, check out the following product: I don't have rosacea but am pinkish - I'm very fair skinned. The Juara Turmeric Antioxidant Mask helps tone down the pink and tightens my skin up as well without dehydrating.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |