Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Home Spa Recipes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, for all you other kitchen houdini's out there, I'll start you off with a couple of nice mask recipe's to get rid of the dull, tired, winter blue's.

If you try and like these, then I'll add some more as we go along..

And away we go!

Always apply to a clean face, that is left a bit moist from a final pore opening with application of hot cloth to face, neck + decollette... If time permits, treat your hands as well!

PINEAPPLE + CARROT MASK

Very sensitive skin girls might want to avoid this one, or use for only half the suggested time, or add 1/4 cup of water to the recipe.. This one is loaded with enzymes, and will literally dissolve the dead cells from the top layer of your skin. Avoid the upper eyelid with this, but you can try a dab on the brow bone.

1/4 cup fresh pineapple (may substitute pure non-sweetened fruit or juice, but it's not as good.)
1/4 cup fresh grated carrot (may substitute pure carrot juice, but again, not as good.)

Whoosh it all up in a blender, dab on mixture to any areas you want to treat liberally, + saturate either a cotton hanky, or large piece of gauze with the rest. Now lie down, cover face and neck with the fabric and relax for 20 minutes (10 or till you feel a tingle for sensitive gals.)

Rinse well with warm water. If you are a rhino hyde like me, you can now use your microfiber cloth or clarisonic or face brush, to finish the job!

HONEY, EGG YOLK + YOGURT

This one will feed your skin with vitamins, protein, lactic acid, lecithin and more.. It will exfoliate a bit of the dead cells, and give you lots of moisture as well.. Some will note a pleasant tightening feeling as well. Safe for all around the eye area.

(Save the egg white to be used the next day in the a.m. for a great tightening treatment.. Whisk, apply to face, let dry, (you'll look 20 for a few minutes.. Laughing , and rinse.) Oh yeah, and if you can master just the right, delicate touch, a tiny dab of egg white applied under the eye, can get rid of the dreaded bags for a few hours.. But, the least amount possible, is what works!

2 TBS raw, natural honey (from health food store or natural section)
1 egg yolk
2 TBS plain yogurt

Whisk it all together, apply, and lay down and relax for 30 minutes.. Rinse well with lots of warm water, and enjoy the lovely glow.. Cool

SKIN FIRMER UPPER

This is a nice little mask that is great to use before a nice night out on the town.. It will tighten a bit, and give you a nice little healthy glow.

1 TBS of powdered milk
1 TBS of raw, natural honey
1 egg white

Whisk the egg white till frothy, whisk in other ingredients, and apply to face + neck. Can and should be used all around the eyes.. Rinse with warm water when dry.. 30 to 40ish minutes is about right for this one..

Okay, so lets see how these work out, and we can take it from there. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
TONIC/TONER FOR OILY CONGESTED SKIN and/or BLACKHEADS

I'm not quite sure if it's the iron, the minerals, or the antiseptic qualities that make this work, but somehow it helps when used on a regular basis.

1 bunch of parsley chopped in half
10oz of non-carbonated mineral water
10 drops fresh lemon juice
10 drops white or apple cider vinegar

Chop the parsley in half and put it in a small saucepan, pour the mineral water in pushing the parsley down so the water just about covers it.. Cover and let this just sit and soak for 24 hours at room temp.. (Don't heat it!)... Next day add the lemon juice + vinegar, strain the liquid into a clean water bottle (or whatever you have on hand) + shake a bit.

Saturate a cotton ball with this, and apply + massage to your cleansed face for a minute or so.. (You can avoid the eye area if you tend to be dry there.) Finish up with a cold damp cloth pressed to your face for a minute..

TIP: Use this in place of cleanser in the A.M., or whenever you don't need to remove makeup.. Most cleansers/toners that are made for oily skin conditions tend to be very harsh and wind up stripping the skin of all oils, and that will cause a viscous cycle with more oil being produced to compensate.. Hence the "oily but dry" complaints we hear so often.

Keep in fridge!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Healing Lip Balm

Ingredients:

1 tsp. beeswax pellets
1 tsp. cocoa butter (previously ground in food processor for easy measuring)
1/2 tsp. jojoba oil
1/2 tsp. Nature's Gate vitamin E oil (This is what I had on hand to use. It is vit. E in a base of grapeseed and calendula oils. I'm sure you can substitute with a similar oil that has healing properties.)
5 drops (or less) peppermint essential oil
2 drops tea tree essential oil
Instructions:

Melt everything except essential oils in a double boiler. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly before adding essential oils. Pour into lip balm tin, cap tightly and let cool.
(I like this in a small lip balm tin that I keep in my front pants pocket. Body heat softens the lip balm slightly, but is still good when at room temperature. I'm not sure, but it may be too soft in a lip balm tube that's kept in the front pants pocket. In this case, a little more beeswax may help.)

I play around with mine to get texture right. And, I like to make large 8 oz of the base, (oils and wax) keep it then warm up and add actives when I need to refill.
Hope it works for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
This weekend I tried a DIY Hot Oil Treatment

Hot Oil Treatment
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp jojoba oil
3 tbsp avocado oil
mix all 3 together and warm in a hot water bath (if anyone knows if using the microwave is ok please let me know)

- rinse hair with warm water, wring out excess water; apply warm oil
- wrap hair in plastic wrap; apply warm towel (I used the dryer)
- leave on for 30+ minutes

I have pretty damaged hair, it has recently began to feel/look like hay. I can say that I have seen a noticeable improvement with just one treatment. I am hoping to get to do this weekly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
This weekend I tried a DIY Hot Oil Treatment

Hot Oil Treatment
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp jojoba oil
3 tbsp avocado oil
mix all 3 together and warm in a hot water bath (if anyone knows if using the microwave is ok please let me know)

- rinse hair with warm water, wring out excess water; apply warm oil
- wrap hair in plastic wrap; apply warm towel (I used the dryer)
- leave on for 30+ minutes

I have pretty damaged hair, it has recently began to feel/look like hay. I can say that I have seen a noticeable improvement with just one treatment. I am hoping to get to do this weekly.

That looks awesome Alley 'Cat'.. My hair is beyond frazzled between the heat, sun + pool.. I'm desperate for a deep conditioning, and will try your recipe tomorrow..

My thought to your question is that Avocado + Coconut are both used for cooking, so I see no reason why you can't zap it for 10 seconds in the microwave.. Then add the Jojoba to that.. I wouldn't make it too hot though, because you want to leave the nutrients preserved..

A little of that on the face would be nice also.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been using a modified version of Kassy's recipe below, substituting coconut oil for olive, and I find it works very well. It's less greasy than olive oil and can be washed out in one go. I don't follow with regular conditioner, but just a dollop of SKB on towel dried hair and it's just soft and fluffy. Very Happy
Thank you Kassy!
Kassy_A wrote:
HAIR GLOSS + DEEP CONDITIONER
1 Mason jar (or any glass jar with lid you have on hand)
2 TBS lemon juice (fresh is best!)
1 cup of honey (raw from health food or Whole Foods store is best!)
1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil (very dry or overprocessed, use 1/2!)

Put all in jar and stir/shake well. It will get better as it sits, so make a day or so in advance.. Storing at room temp is fine. If you want to keep it in fridge, just decant what you need about an hour prior to use.

Scoop out enough to coat all of hair from root to tips. Comb through all of hair with a wide tooth comb or hair pick, pile hair on top of head, cover with a plastic shower cap or Saran Wrap, leave on at least 30 minutes (an hour is great!), and shampoo as usual.

For a more intense treatment apply heat with your blow dryer once you've put the plastic on, for 5 minutes.

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
havana8

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DarkMoon, I'm not sure if you know about this thread yet but links to all your recipes have been added to the DIY Recipe Index. Thanks for sharing. Smile
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=96107#96107
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon, it's "havana8" that has been working like a demon to index all of our DIY recipe's.. Mabsy started the thread initially, but it's 'havana8' that has been indexing all the recipe's. (I don't know how she keeps up with all of us.. I wouldn't even be able to keep track of my own recipe's if it weren't for her.. Embarassed )

Here's a nice site with a slew of 'aromatherapy' recipe's..

http://birchhillhappenings.com/recipes/newones.htm

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed Thanks for clearing that up Kassey
Thanks for the hard work Havana8

I will check out the link hmmmmmm more recipes uh oh!

ETA
http://store.annabellina.com/massagemyth.html
link for facial massage, HOW TO GIVE YOURSELF A FIRMING FACIAL MASSAGE.....just thought with all our oil recipes a nice site loads of info very detailed instructions and pics It is FIRMING

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
I want to try PINEAPPLE + CARROT MASK

on my sensitive face. I want to know I should use fresh pineapple or from the can.

Not Kassy here but I would not use the canned, fresh is best. Since your skin is sensitive start slow as far as how long you leave the mask on, then work up if all goes well. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:45 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon, Thanks for your reply. You are always helpful to us.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
beauty mask wrote:

on my sensitive face. I want to know I should use fresh pineapple or from the can.

Not Kassy here but I would not use the canned, fresh is best. Since your skin is sensitive start slow as far as how long you leave the mask on, then work up if all goes well. Very Happy

LMAO! I thought I was going crazy, and could have sworn you had answered 'beauty mask'.. (Little did I know she asked it in two threads.. Laughing Laughing Laughing ) I just told her the same thing in the other thread, and mentioned I though 'you' already answered..

Laughing

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
beauty mask wrote:

LMAO! I thought I was going crazy, and could have sworn you had answered 'beauty mask'.. (Little did I know she asked it in two threads.. Laughing Laughing Laughing ) I just told her the same thing in the other thread, and mentioned I though 'you' already answered..

Laughing

LOL I just responded to you on the other thread, I didn't want you to think you were losing it! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! I feel like a bloody thread stalker... Laughing

I so needed a few good laughs tonight. It's starting to feel like the old "EDS" again... What a lovely feeling Wink

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |