Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How about sophyto
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
How about sophyto products?
Does somebody use it?
Can somebody give me some suggestion?
Thank you !
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the products yet, but I'm pretty darned tempted to! (as soon as I finish up all the other stuff that's still unopened in my bathroom cabinet! Laughing )

FYI, this is the review that sold me on the brand:
http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/09/reviewed-and-recommended-sophytos-polyphenol-skin-drops.html

Hope someone can weigh in on actual results!
LB

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried several of the sophyto products and in general they are very nice. I would definitely recommend for those with sensitive skin or 'normal' skin (not any huge issues). I have used the deep pore cleanser, superbioactive toner (tone & balance), polyphenol drops, skin energizing drops, mega omega lotion.

The cleanser is great for morning, however, not great for evening cleansing if you wear makeup as it does not remove it well. I tried a sample of the silken cleanser and it did not remove makeup well either. The toner is wonderful, very mild and calming. I really liked the mega omega lotion , although not super hydrating which is great if you have oily skin. The drops I was not too crazy about. I tend to like a more simple routine and I also tend to break out quite easily - I think that possibly the drops did not help me there so i have stopped using them.

The customer service is excellent. If you go to their website and fill out a skin analysis, someone gets back to you very quickly and with very detailed recommendations. I also love the idea that there are no parabens, etc in their products and everything is over 90% organic. I was recommended this brand by several people for pre/peri pregnancy as well because it is so pure and does not contain any oils.

I am a bit of a product junkie so I do like to try a lot of different brands, however, I really do like the sophyto products and I love the eco-friendly ideas behind their company so I would definitely buy the cleanser, toner and face lotion again. I know there isn't too many reviews out there on this so hope this helps!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
LB wrote:
I have tried several of the sophyto products and in general they are very nice. I would definitely recommend for those with sensitive skin or 'normal' skin (not any huge issues). I have used the deep pore cleanser, superbioactive toner (tone & balance), polyphenol drops, skin energizing drops, mega omega lotion.

The cleanser is great for morning, however, not great for evening cleansing if you wear makeup as it does not remove it well. I tried a sample of the silken cleanser and it did not remove makeup well either. The toner is wonderful, very mild and calming. I really liked the mega omega lotion , although not super hydrating which is great if you have oily skin. The drops I was not too crazy about. I tend to like a more simple routine and I also tend to break out quite easily - I think that possibly the drops did not help me there so i have stopped using them.

The customer service is excellent. If you go to their website and fill out a skin analysis, someone gets back to you very quickly and with very detailed recommendations. I also love the idea that there are no parabens, etc in their products and everything is over 90% organic. I was recommended this brand by several people for pre/peri pregnancy as well because it is so pure and does not contain any oils.

I am a bit of a product junkie so I do like to try a lot of different brands, however, I really do like the sophyto products and I love the eco-friendly ideas behind their company so I would definitely buy the cleanser, toner and face lotion again. I know there isn't too many reviews out there on this so hope this helps!

Thank you LB, and welcome to the forum!

What specifically did you not like about the drops? Was it that they did nothing for you, or did you actually get an adverse reaction? Thanks for all your input!! Very Happy
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was so disappointed in this line! I wanted to like it so much.
The first thing that is very off-putting about the line is the packaging. It is very "over-packaged" and "over-designed" for a product line that is supposed to be all natural and organic--the product is in boxes with inserts and then in elaborate plastic tubes, etc etc. They also formulate using a lot of sodium hydroxide, with is a base that dries out the skin. I used the drops and the omega moisturizer and when my skin got all peely and red after two days usage, I read the ingredients and realized that the stuff was seriously drying out my skin. I think for overactive oily skins the entire line might be nice; but experimenting with several products, at least in my experience, was actually detrimental to my skin.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
LB wrote:

Thank you! May be I will their tonner.Now my tonner bottle is empty.
LB

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
fat-swan: I think more than anything the drops really just didn't do much for me and it was two extra steps to do each morning and evening, which I probably wouldn't mind so much if I was seeing some amazing results...!

I felt that alone the drops were not moisturizing enough but with the omega lotion my t-zone became too oily throughout the day Sad I did also feel as though I was breaking out more than usual for the month or so that I was consistently using the drops - but my skin can be unpredictable so not sure if it was because of the product?

Avalange: I do agree that they are over-packaged although I remember reading somewhere that the reasoning for this was to keep the product fresh as there are not any preservatives (there was a better explanation of this but I think that was the jist of it?). It's too bad that you peeled from using the products, I didn't experience this but possibly because of my more combo skin.
bioesthetician

Sat May 30, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
The Deep Pore Foaming Cleanser is not formulated to remove makeup. It is actually a microexfoliating cleanser.

The Mega Omegas are too rich for oily areas so it is better to use the Normalising Day Face Moisturiser or dilute the Mega Omegas with some drops od Super Bioactive.

It is normal to break out as our products bring all the trapped oil to the surface of the skin in order to flush them.

Peeling is also normal. The mildly acidic pH of our products help break down and remove surface cellular debris (new and old). You might be under the impression that the products are drying out your skin but you are actually shedding skin.

Ishtar Magally

Bio-Medical Esthetician

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
I tried normalizing day cream, which is really good! My skin feels very soft, and feels very comfortable~ I like it very much!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |