Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clarisonic V Facial Skin brushing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi All

Is there any need for both, or is one better than the other?

Thanks so much.
Zelda
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
My thoughts are that both Clarisonic and Facial Skin brushing are good things.... as they both do exfoliate, although they work very differently. The clarisonic uses sonic waves to really clean quite deeper than the regular facial brushing, but it misses out on the toning and improvement of circulation that the regular facial brushing does.... so if you wanted the best of both worlds you could do both (but probably not on the same day - and maybe a couple of days in between). I know from my own useage that the clarisonic is great at cleansing, but doesn't give my skin the softness that regular facial brushing does.

I think it also depends what sort of skin type you have (i.e. if you have sensitive skin you might not be able to cope with regular brushing), etc, but I think both are really valid and good methods for people to try out and see which works for them in my personal opinion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Seany

My problems is large pores! (and sort of acne scarring). I am loving the facial brushing and its made a difference I just wondered if the Clarisonic has any affects on pores?

All the best
Zel
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure that either facial brushing or the clarisonic could change the pore shape, but both methods would help keep the skin and pores clean. If its pore size, then the thing I would read up on would be Retin A, which is featured in numerous studies.

Both the clarisonic and facial brushing do lightly exfoliate the skin, and the clarisonic does do a good cleaning job in the process of doing it, something that facial brushing doesn't however I notice when I dry facial brush, my skin has better circulation increase than when I use the clarisonic, but when I use the clarisonic my skin does feel and look cleaner. So its dependent on the state of your skin and what results your going after. I think using both together is a little over zealous, but using them every other day (as I have been) has been quite pleasantly surprising for me!
Zelda wrote:
Thanks Seany

My problems is large pores! (and sort of acne scarring). I am loving the facial brushing and its made a difference I just wondered if the Clarisonic has any affects on pores?

All the best
Zel

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm afraid I dont know much about Retin A, can you recommend which type to buy (and where) and how often I should apply it.

Thanks for your kind help.
Zel
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Do a search, as Retin A is a prescription medicine that many people have used, and it does have awkward stages (peeling, redness etc), but you could probably use a retinol product without that difficulty - and you would get the same results but probably have to use it longer - but its worth searching. Both have already been written about in EDS in great depth already, its probably easier to search and read up on all the opinions already in place than rewriting new ones! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Actually I don't believe the clarisonic can change the pore shape or reduce the pore size. However, if we wash the face clearly, the pore will look smaller -- it's absolutely a visual affect!

Anyway, I didn't use this clarisonic yet, only considering the theory.

SeanySeanUK wrote:
I'm not sure that either facial brushing or the clarisonic could change the pore shape, but both methods would help keep the skin and pores clean. If its pore size, then the thing I would read up on would be Retin A, which is featured in numerous studies.

Both the clarisonic and facial brushing do lightly exfoliate the skin, and the clarisonic does do a good cleaning job in the process of doing it, something that facial brushing doesn't however I notice when I dry facial brush, my skin has better circulation increase than when I use the clarisonic, but when I use the clarisonic my skin does feel and look cleaner. So its dependent on the state of your skin and what results your going after. I think using both together is a little over zealous, but using them every other day (as I have been) has been quite pleasantly surprising for me!
Zelda wrote:
Thanks Seany

All the best
Zel
Bad Grin Bad Grin
vivian.vl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Hi All

Thanks so much.
Zelda

Clarisonic should be stronger than general facial brushing. At least, clarisonic is electronic, while facial brushing is manual. How do you think it? Bad Grin
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
vivian.vl wrote:
Zelda wrote:
Hi All

Thanks so much.
Zelda

Clarisonic should be stronger than general facial brushing. At least, clarisonic is electronic, while facial brushing is manual. How do you think it? Bad Grin

Actually, for me I've found it to be opposite to this. Dry brushing seems much more intense to me than the Clarisonic. I use both because I think they do different things.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am considering both Clarisonic and Neutrogena Face Brush. Will these make face too dry after the usages?
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I am beginning to think that the facial brush might be enough.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
The clarisonic brush fibres are good, but they are not as strong as those you get on a manual brush, and whilst it does do a good job of exfoliating, becaues it is sonic technology, you need to ensure you have enough water to really help the cleansers work into the skin wiht the sonic waves. You don't have that issue with the manual.

Vivian, I agree with you re them changing pore size, I don't know how they could and I'm not aware of any studies saying so. The thing that does change pore size though is Retin A.
vivian.vl wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I think doing them both together may be a little much and stressful for your skin, but I do both - but often a day apart from each other. Depends on what your skin can take!
keth wrote:
I am considering both Clarisonic and Neutrogena Face Brush. Will these make face too dry after the usages?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I think doing them both together may be a little much and stressful for your skin, but I do both - but often a day apart from each other. Depends on what your skin can take!
keth wrote:

ye,I fell same. clarisonic is strong enough to me . use both , can't image.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |