Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to make thigh slimmer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure whether this is a repeat topic. If yes, please forgive me. I just finished shower and I realised my thigh is quite fat. Does anyone have experience to lose thigh's fat?
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Me too, I am very skinny but with fat thighs for whole life. I have searched and tried everything in the last 6-month, the only one works a bit is running. I run 30 minutes in the morning before b'fast.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I go to gym at least three times a week, but I am always walking or doing cross trainer 30mins. My thighs were not so bad before I turn into 30 years old. I hate my thighs and I really want to use a knife to chop some. I will follow your way to run, but not before b'fast. I have to do it before super. BTW, do you think squeeze or pinch can help?
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
running, walking, using the elliptical at the gym are all good excercises, but target slimming is difficult. Blessed with 'athletic thighs' myself, I had the best luck with running although the other methods I mentioned also worked.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
some people are having results with NOTCH's fat burning lotion.
There's a thread on it in the review section if you're interested.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28488
HTH
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I asked my physiologist the same question and she told me to do this:

1. lay on your side in the fetal position
2. align your thigh on top of the other and make sure both ankles are touching each other
3. move your thigh (that's on top) up and down while your ankles are still touching. ankles do not move!
4. repeat to the other side

This routine burns my thighs after a few, but I don't do it regularly to know if it works... -=S
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think massage will help, but perhaps will improve the blood circulation, I sit in the office for 8 hours. Besides running, you can also try power walking = walk with big steps until you sweat.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
You cant spot reduce, you will have to loose fat all over. Exercises like squats and lunges will help firm up the thigh area.
If you are at a good weight, its possible that its just genetics.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
HTH
I read this last week, but NOTCH official website does not have any information regarding international shipping. I contacted them by email and have not heard anything so far.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
aarietta wrote:
I asked my physiologist the same question and she told me to do this:

1. lay on your side in the fetal position
2. align your thigh on top of the other and make sure both ankles are touching each other
3. move your thigh (that's on top) up and down while your ankles are still touching. ankles do not move!
4. repeat to the other side

This routine burns my thighs after a few, but I don't do it regularly to know if it works... -=S
Dear, thank you for sharing this. I will try from right now.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
aarietta wrote:
3. move your thigh (that's on top) up and down while your ankles are still touching. ankles do not move!...

I just tried this but really difficult to do. Embarassed
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
aarietta wrote:
3. move your thigh (that's on top) up and down while your ankles are still touching. ankles do not move!...

It is. Tough!
havana8

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
You could give the Lipo Contour Pants a whirl. Here is their website:

http://www.lipocontour.co.uk/press.htm
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
ximing wrote:
Mishey wrote:
HTH
I read this last week, but NOTCH official website does not have any information regarding international shipping. I contacted them by email and have not heard anything so far.

But lot of people said cream does not work. I have tried a few brands, it's kind of waste of money. It will be very interesting if NOTCH works.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
You could give the Lipo Contour Pants a whirl. Here is their website:

http://www.lipocontour.co.uk/press.htm

I have tried something similar, which is made in Japan and it's expensive, I paid over USD700. Does it work? Yes, it does, because it is so tight, so hot in the summer, so uncomfortable and you can hardly breath and eat.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried pilates ? When I did it I had nice toned thighs. Any kind of exercise that will burn fat would be excellent: swimming, walking, long distance running.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I tried pilates but it is so slow to see any difference. I am planing to run everyday 30 mins. I will measure my thighs after one month and post the result at that time.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
obviously swimming, walking, running, will all help to reduce weight if paired with a sensible diet. that's always my problem--my appetite soars through the roof when I exercise!
pilates, too--everything that everyone has recommended in terms of exercise is true.
i find that swimming at least 2x per week is BEST--because it focuses on the total body, and builds up your upper body more than anything else (which can contribute to the illusion of a smaller lower body). it doesn't really build that much muscle in the legs (crawl, 60-70 laps), but running DOES--which might result in BIGGER thighs if you are prone to developing muscle tone easily.

--avalange

callalily wrote:
Have you tried pilates ? When I did it I had nice toned thighs. Any kind of exercise that will burn fat would be excellent: swimming, walking, long distance running.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
ximing wrote:
I tried pilates but it is so slow to see any difference. I am planing to run everyday 30 mins. I will measure my thighs after one month and post the result at that time.

I've heard running results in relatively quick reduction of abdomen fat. But please keep us posted! Thanks. Very Happy
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
ximing wrote:

I've heard running results in relatively quick reduction of abdomen fat. But please keep us posted! Thanks. Very Happy

Hi, I can confirm that running works excellent for me to get rid of belly fat. It works for my husband and myself, you can see the result in a month. I am not fat, but have a tummy after gave birth. I only start exercise in Oct 2008, 4-5 days/week, run for 30 minutes.
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
aarietta wrote:

I just tried this but really difficult to do. :oops:

I should re-explain this, sorry guys! I meant to say your foot should not leave the other foot. Kind of like your left and right big toes are bonded together. :D
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
obviously swimming, walking, running, will all help to reduce weight if paired with a sensible diet. that's always my problem--my appetite soars through the roof when I exercise!
pilates, too--everything that everyone has recommended in terms of exercise is true.
i find that swimming at least 2x per week is BEST--because it focuses on the total body, and builds up your upper body more than anything else (which can contribute to the illusion of a smaller lower body). it doesn't really build that much muscle in the legs (crawl, 60-70 laps), but running DOES--which might result in BIGGER thighs if you are prone to developing muscle tone easily.

--avalange

I find swimming makes me the most hungry afterwards, and I tend to binge the most! Laughing I've heard this has something to do with how our body heat is lowered by the water so we impulsively have to eat more to replenish lost energy
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:24 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
avalange wrote:

too bad that I don't know how to swim. Maybe marching, walking, kicking will do the trick?

--avalange

I find swimming makes me the most hungry afterwards, and I tend to binge the most! Laughing I've heard this has something to do with how our body heat is lowered by the water so we impulsively have to eat more to replenish lost energy
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Me too. I feel so hungry everytime after swimming, no matter in swimming pool or sea.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
tht's why my physical therapist calls these "clams." Hope that image, um, helps!!

--avalange

aarietta wrote:
lunathefinal wrote:
aarietta wrote:

I should re-explain this, sorry guys! I meant to say your foot should not leave the other foot. Kind of like your left and right big toes are bonded together. Very Happy

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |