Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
How to make thigh slimmer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
ximing wrote:
I tried pilates but it is so slow to see any difference. I am planing to run everyday 30 mins. I will measure my thighs after one month and post the result at that time.

Just wondering if you tried matt pilates or machine pilates? My friend said matt pilates doesn't work (or maybe it's just too hard for a beginner to keep good form), but swore by the machine pilates. She said she was losing fat around her arms, waist and thighs. It cost a lot per session though. I think she was paying around $100 a session with a pilates instructor coaching her to have correct form.
So expensive, I saw the introduction course in my gym place. I have to look after my wallet...
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:
i really hate exercise want some miracles happen Very Happy
Me too, I was so tired when I was in the running machine. Embarassed
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
i think toning exercises, like callanetics, the bar method and lotte berk really helps. i'm bottom heavy too, and my thighs look big because my lower legs are skinny. i've been doing these exercises for a couple of months now and do see a difference, and my pants are fitting better too. plus my husband says my bum is looking nicer! Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
You might also check out the thread running on cellulite. We are addressing some of these same thigh issues! Smile

5% products discount

Fri May 01, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
lunathefinal wrote:
ximing wrote:
I tried pilates but it is so slow to see any difference. I am planing to run everyday 30 mins. I will measure my thighs after one month and post the result at that time.

I've heard running results in relatively quick reduction of abdomen fat. But please keep us posted! Thanks. Very Happy

Hi, I can confirm that running works excellent for me to get rid of belly fat. It works for my husband and myself, you can see the result in a month. I am not fat, but have a tummy after gave birth. I only start exercise in Oct 2008, 4-5 days/week, run for 30 minutes.

That's awesome that you've gotten rid of belly fat! Did you have a flat belly before pregnancy? That's my one peeve about my body is that obnoxious belly that won't go away. Sigh, I guess I just have to be more consistent about running.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Stepmaster and massage! Do not waste money on lotions, they are only for making you feel good and should only compliment the whole regime (healthy eating, exercise, massage)but not replace it Rolling Eyes
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure your legs are not cold! I often notice the surface of my legs and butt are cold even when I don't feel cold. When the circulation is bad, your body will keep stuff that doesn't need to be kept like water and cellular waste.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think running is the best exercise for slimming thighs. My thighs got slimmer after I started running. Before that I was only walking and it did not help me.
mandylimks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
it's hard! I'm also have the same problems? plus mucho thighs...
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Can I please add something to this thread - The only way that you are going to reduce fat on your thighs is to exercise and reduce the amount of calories you eat. NOT by using a cream.

YOU CAN NOT SPOT REDUCE YOUR THIGHS so you have to move your whole body with some form of exercise to get your heart rate up (running, power walking, swimming, cycling etc).

You also have to watch what you eat - include lots of lean protein and vegetables, reduce carbohydrates in the evening and drinking over 3litres of water daily will certainly help you get towards your goals.
cejl
5% products discount

Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
bike to work and go for a walk at lunch if possible.. and don't spend too much time on the computer! (or do squats while reading stuff on the internet). I bought 3 lb ankle weights, and they can give me a great ab/thigh/butt workout, which I can sort of do while multi-tasking on the phone, internet, etc...

5% products discount

Fri May 29, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that you cannot spot reduce any part of your body. Also in addition to exercising, toning is also necessary!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that pilates will strengthen and lengthen the muscles, making them slimmer.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Swimming+massage+walking
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I've heard that pilates will strengthen and lengthen the muscles, making them slimmer.

yeah..I am having Pilates every week. So far, I didn't see any change of the thigh. But I do think in the long run, pilates may help to lengthen the muscle.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Nutra Luxe LIPO Reduction Infrared Body Shaping Massager

Product Description & Benefits:
Stop Holding onto Stubborn Cellulite..... A scientific alliance to fight cellulite and excessive body fat. Revolutionary technology with a patented skin penetrating delivery system and clinically proven results! LipoReduction Anti-Cellulite Creme and Infrared Ray Body Shaping Massager works great on the stomach, thighs, hips, arms, buttocks, neck, chin, and love handles. Deep tissue infrared massage burns fat creating body contouring and slimming results. Lipo Reduction Massager reduces and prevents cellulite. The deep penetrating active ingredients in the Lipo Reduction Creme work in conjunction with the massager to break down fat cells and promote increased circulation. The red light works in a range of 440 to 860 nanometers.

Directions For Use:
Full Directions for use are in package insert. Please read them carefully and follow the instructions for maximum benefit.

Ingredients:
Anti-Cellulite Creme: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Isopropyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Bupleurum Falcatum Extract, Caffeine, Coenzyme A, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Phytonadione, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, PEG 8, Avena Sativa (Oat) Beta Glucan, TEA, Acrylic Polymer Carboxymethylene, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Leaf Extract, Sambuccus Nigra (Elder) Flower Extract, Anacyclus Pyrethrum Root Extract.

Size: 2 pc kit

Has anyone tried this device? Just came across it and was curious.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
It's hard. Maybe you can try wrapping your thigh with plastic wrap and then running.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ximing, I got wonderful results toning my thighs (and tummy and upper arms) by using my own version of Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo. I simply do a series of 60 rapid and deep knuckle rubs to the offending area while in the shower. I use a creamy soap to create slip over the skin. As a result, I have smoother skin, less cellulite and better tone. I saw improvement in a week. Visit this link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34409
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:56 am      Reply with quote
OP, check out this article about spot reduction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spot_reduction
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I have mentioned Maggio's demonstration of her No Lipo Lipo on the Lorraine show this week.
A model shows how you can do it yourself.
It's on the Tools and DIY forum.(Perhaps I put it in the wrong one).
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
I have mentioned Maggio's demonstration of her No Lipo Lipo on the Lorraine show this week.
A model shows how you can do it yourself.
It's on the Tools and DIY forum.(Perhaps I put it in the wrong one).

Thanks Holmes!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Hi Ximing, I got wonderful results toning my thighs (and tummy and upper arms) by using my own version of Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo. I simply do a series of 60 rapid and deep knuckle rubs to the offending area while in the shower. I use a creamy soap to create slip over the skin. As a result, I have smoother skin, less cellulite and better tone. I saw improvement in a week. Visit this link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34409

That is quite impressive that you got results doing it this way in the shower. Do you do this daily and just on the thighs? My thighs are not my biggest concern, but my belly area and upper arms are, so I'd like to try this on those areas. I do have the No Lipo Lipo DVD, but since you are saying you've gotten results with just doing the 60 deep knuckle rubs (I'm assumming you mean the up and down only ones, right?), I'm willing to try your version since I don't have to remember all those steps on the tummy region and can do this in the shower.

Oh, and did you also notice inch loss with your method?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sandooch, yes I did lose inches using this method. I can tell because my clothing is looser. I do it daily on whole thighs, upper arms, hips, butt and belly. It is so easy - I'm not good at following "programs" I'm too impatient, just want to "git 'er done" and move on. It is the up and down rub. And wierdly, the vigorous belly rubbing seems to help with bloating and "movements" if you know what I mean...
HTH
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
LOL...I certainly do!

Wow, that's a lot of areas to cover at once. You must have some super strong arms, because when I try to even do my arms and tummy, I have to take breaks because my arms get exhausted.

One more question, when you say you do 60 reps, is that on just one section of the belly (say the waist area), then you move over a few more inches and do the area next to it for another 60 reps? Or, did you mean you just start going from one side of the belly, up and down, all the way across for a total of 60 reps for the whole area? I hope I explained that correctly. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
LOL...I certainly do!

Wow, that's a lot of areas to cover at once. You must have some super strong arms, because when I try to even do my arms and tummy, I have to take breaks because my arms get exhausted.

One more question, when you say you do 60 reps, is that on just one section of the belly (say the waist area), then you move over a few more inches and do the area next to it for another 60 reps? Or, did you mean you just start going from one side of the belly, up and down, all the way across for a total of 60 reps for the whole area? I hope I explained that correctly. Confused

In some areas I use BOTH HANDS to cover a lot of territory at once. For back/sides of thighs I wrap/grab my hands around my leg just above the knees. Using most pressure on forefinger & thumb up & down for 60 fast reps. Repeat for front of thighs. For sides/belly make fists. Using “flat” side of fists (mid-knuckle area).
60 reps to belly and “spare tire” area. Same method for upper arms, but of course you can only
use one fist at a time there. If my arms aren’t too tired, or I’m not in a hurry, I do hips & buttocks. Basically you do what feels right for you. For myself, I make sure I can feel the fatty lumps & bumps being “smooshed” when I apply the pressure. I offer the following often quoted disclaimer: “This works well for me, but may not work for you”. But I hope it does!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |