Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Octo-Mom!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Is there a thread on this Nadia Suleman woman yet?

Just wondering. I thought maybe she came to her senses because she had agreed to let the Org Angels in Waiting help her with 24 hour wrap around care and it looked like there would finally be some care and transparency on this woman. But she fired them! Her lawyer advised her that she could not get them to sign confidenciality agreements so they got rid of them.

Apparently she went like 12 hours without even checking in with her little ones and had the nurses do everything! Only when her camera crew was around did she attempt to feed her babies. Otherwise she was in her room or out shopping!

Dr Phil helped her with this and not only that he got all kinds of freebies for her with new house. Lots of money spent on remodeling and even furniture for the older kids:shock:

She took all that and then some and then gets rid of the help she needed. She now has private nannies and they CAN sign agreements to keep the public out. EXCEPT what Nadia wants them to hear. AIW has to be transparent because they rely on the public's donations.

So now the tax payers are still taking care of these babies and she gets (they estimated) ONE MILLION dollars in fees for her pics and rights to film the babies. She just used all of them.

this woman is a master at getting crap. I think she used her student loans on all that plastic surgery that she DENIES having. Got a free house, free renovation, free furniture and who knows how she paid for the IVF treatments?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I haven't been keeping up with American gossip lately.. I did a google search, but couldn't find much "history" about this woman. So is this Octo Mom famous solely for having 8 babies through in vitro fertilization? Why is that causing so much press? I imagine many people have multiple babies through artificial insemination, right? Is this woman very wealthy to afford to raise so many children??

I'm so confused as to why she's a celebrity! It's like Kim Kardashian-- it took me 2 years to figure out why her family deserved their own reality show and who would watch it!! Laughing
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
she has 14 babies..
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
At first it was just another multiple birth but 8 babies was a new one. but then it turned out that this woman was a single mother who already had 6 kids via IVF, she lives off her mother AND is on welfare. She had no business having more babies. I guess she still had 6 embryos frozen and did not want them destroyed because of her moral beliefs so she felt compelled to put all 6 back in and try again. It was absurd because she had 100% success with all her other implants so there was a good shot she would succeed with these 6 and she did because they all took and a couple of them split.

Now I went through IVF and we signed papers at the beginning to show if I had extra embryos left what did I want to do with them? I too did not want them destroyed but i knew I was pretty much done with having kids so I opted to DONATE the embryos to a couple that could need them and use them. That way i did not have to destroy them.

So when it came out that she had no real help to have this many kids and the taxpayers were paying for her irresponsible decisions, it made it a bigger deal.

She is totally exploiting her children by allowing the press inside her house daily taking pictures and constantly putting her babies at risk (according to the nurses at AIW)

She also has had plastic surgery and has an uncanny resemblance to Angelina Jolie. HOW did she pay for the lip injections and nose job? (There are old photos around showing she did not have such a defined nose back then)
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Ah OK now I understand, thanks! I do remember reading about this woman in the news when she first gave birth to the 8 babies around Christmas, I just didn't realise her 5 seconds of fame snowballed into somthing so big! Laughing

I thought IVF is an extremely expensive procedure not covered by insurance. How does a single mother on welfare afford this, and more than once?? hmm
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
That is what is a mystery too. I think some of it was paid for by her and some was paid for by her student loans.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Oh OK I see, thanks! Ever since I joined this forum, it consumes so much time, I've totally neglected to keep up with the American celebrity gossip! Laughing
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
She also was on disability for a back injury and received money from a lawsuit for the back injury from the clinic she worked for at the time Rolling Eyes
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
batwhirl wrote:
She also was on disability for a back injury and received money from a lawsuit for the back injury from the clinic she worked for at the time Rolling Eyes

I would think the disability insurance ppl would've looked into this picture: Too disabled to work because of back problem, but not disabled enough to sustain a pregnancy of 8 live births! This woman is a big time scammer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just hope she doesn't get welfare checks too. If you are on Welfare you shouldn't be having babies you can't afford. If you can't pay for em you shouldn't be having 14 of them. No Dad, no money, no job. Wow, What a role model and here we are in America making her some sort of celebrity. It's sick I tell you.
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
The saddest element of this story is the physical and emotional well being of all of the children. Clearly octomom wasn't thinking about the fact that three of her existing 6 children were receiving special assistance from the state at the time of her latest fertility / media experiment Sad

Sorry if I offend anyone; I am clearly about taking resonsibility for your own decisions. If you choose to act with self interest only that is okay as long as it does not impact anyone else. But how can "the not impact anyone else" be?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Oh it will. I have a hard enough time giving my 3 children all the attention they need and deserve. How can you do it with 14????
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Just hope she doesn't get welfare checks too. If you are on Welfare you shouldn't be having babies you can't afford. If you can't pay for em you shouldn't be having 14 of them. No Dad, no money, no job. Wow, What a role model and here we are in America making her some sort of celebrity. It's sick I tell you.

It is sick.

And that's how she has everyone by the short hairs:
If she didn't receive Welfare payments, the kids would be the ones to suffer. I'm for giving her W.I.C. but not a cash payment.

Maybe this will be a wake-up call for welfare reform. No more payments after kid #1 unless birth control is practiced. Oh, that's right: they have a RIGHT to reproduce! What about our rights to not have to support their excesses and bad decisions?

Sorry, but it just doesn't seem fair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:10 am      Reply with quote
She is making millions off the the photos and videos she is allowing in her home. Shouldn't she have to pay back the taxpayers and MedCal for what she has taken? Don't they audit people on welfare when its THIS obvious?

Over a million dollars so far the medical care of her babies. I'm mean some are still in the hospital and they were born when????
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that if she did not have the financial means to pay the medical costs at the time they were incurred then she will not have to reimburse the state.

I think the good people of California should file a class action law suit against her for fiscal damages to the state...not an attorney, don't know if that is even possible though it sounds good:-)

Have a great weekend!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
a friend sent me this youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxtgLzi-aK0
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
batwhirl wrote:
I read somewhere that if she did not have the financial means to pay the medical costs at the time they were incurred then she will not have to reimburse the state.

I think the good people of California should file a class action law suit against her for fiscal damages to the state...not an attorney, don't know if that is even possible though it sounds good:-)

Have a great weekend!

Well it was not long before she started making the big money and bought a $500K house! She started making money before the babies even started coming home so they were all still in the hospital charging up a lot of bills.

She did not consider food stamps "welfare" and even recently said she would take formula from WIC instead of paying $2000 a month herself. If the income is there,she can pay herself. She has several nannies she pays for and only hired them so that she could make them sign a confindentiality agreement not to talk about what a bad mom she is or... uh... I mean what goes on in the house.
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
batwhirl wrote:

Have a great weekend!

Well it was not long before she started making the big money and bought a $500K house! She started making money before the babies even started coming home so they were all still in the hospital charging up a lot of bills.

She did not consider food stamps "welfare" and even recently said she would take formula from WIC instead of paying $2000 a month herself. If the income is there,she can pay herself. She has several nannies she pays for and only hired them so that she could make them sign a confindentiality agreement not to talk about what a bad mom she is or... uh... I mean what goes on in the house.

Hi wenrwdy@aol.com,

I know. She is only clever at working system,not necessarily doing the right thing:-)

She does injustice to girls and women who make good and responsible choices!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Octo - Schmocto ... I'm sick of the sight of her... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I do think the Angels in Waiting that Gloria Alred was trying to coordinate was mostly a way to get in that house and have transparency to maybe file complaints against her. Because it was inevitable. Partly to make sure the babies were safe and well taken care of AND to report her. the private nurses at the hospital who trained her "nannies" all signed those agreements not to disclose what goes on. Nannies too. But since AIW is a publicly funded org they are required to be transparent so it was the perfect group to infiltrate...
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
she looks like a cartoonish charicature of angelina jolie, she is not pretty at all.Angelina is a wack job for sure but at least she pays for everything. Octomom will lose all her kids., she is unfit to be a mom,all eyes are on her and they will be taken or her parents will get custody.(of course her parents take care of them now).Another HUGE burden for the taxpayers,will someone please make that dr who impregnated her pay for this mess?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone see where Octo-mom is getting her own reality TV show??? So far, no U.S. broadcasters have picked it up. I'm kind of sketchy on the details -- but we all knew it was just a matter of time!! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="fat_swan"]Hi, I haven't been keeping up with American gossip lately.. I did a google search, but couldn't find much "history" about this woman. So is this Octo Mom famous solely for having 8 babies through in vitro fertilization? Why is that causing so much press? I imagine many people have multiple babies through artificial insemination, right? Is this woman very wealthy to afford to raise so many children??

I'm so confused as to why she's a celebrity! It's like Kim Kardashian-- it took me 2 years to figure out why her family deserved their own reality show and who would watch it!! Laughing

Americans seem to be incessantly interested in gossipy crap and unfortunately all of these leeches we are interested in make money off of our incessant interest. Sick - totally.

That said - I am an American and watch None of this crap - just see it - it's in my face at the grocery store tabloids and people talking about it. I worry about the IQ level of our country. And I deplore supporting people and issues like Octo-mom. So many people who know how to abuse the system and the hard-working tax-payers like me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
That said - I am an American and watch None of this crap - just see it - it's in my face at the grocery store tabloids and people talking about it. I worry about the IQ level of our country. And I deplore supporting people and issues like Octo-mom. So many people who know how to abuse the system and the hard-working tax-payers like me.

You said it Sisareno.....

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |