Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Facial Spider veins/ broken capillaries...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Whatever you call them I WANT THEM GONE!!! Is there anything that anyone has found that helps (besides the pricey trip to the dermatologist's office... Rolling Eyes )????
And yes, the Vitamin K cream? FAIL...Oh, and that Perricone cr*p? FAIL...Don't even.... Mad
Anyone had any luck with dermarolling or a gadget that doesn't cost an arm and a leg??? Anyone??? Anyone????
mummytoaprinceandprincess
5% products discount

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem! mine are at the sides of my nose and are sooooo noticable Sad I have tried the vitamin K cream aswell with no luck. I would be really interested to see if anyone has found something that actually works Crying or Very sad
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
you could buy a LED light against rocasea, such as the rosacea lightstim for example. I think a LEDs will help the best against spider veins.

There's also the vaculifters that would help against spider veins, but before they improve, they usually get worse, so that might be risky. I think in case of the vaculifters (see thread about facial cupping-skin tightening), it might depend on how severe your spider veins/rosacea is.

I would think that massaging the skin is also helpful, to strenghten blood vessels and increase blood ciculation.
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Don't waste your money on topical. Go for Vbeam treatments for instant gratification. I had 3 treatments and 2nd one made the most difference.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Pinkberry, lasers WORK! But the broken caps do come back eventually in different spots, so whether or not it's worth the money.....
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I agree with Pinkberry, lasers WORK! But the broken caps do come back eventually in different spots, so whether or not it's worth the money.....

that's why I think lasers are not a good option. As I understand it, this method shrinks the vein or somehow 'destroys' it, so you don't see it anymore. But this way, the other blood vessels have to work harder to circulate the blood and since the blood circulation was already bad to begin with(otherwise you woudln't have broken caps) it increases your chance on more spider veins!

So I think a LED light is better since those, I've read also give good results and they strengthen the blood vessels, so this will give much better results in the long run.

I just received my vaculifters, so I'll see if they help against my spider veins too.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree about the lasers. I've had several laser treatments and each time the broken caps were back in full force in less than a year.

Massage and dry brushing has really worked for me though. I was afraid doing it would make my caps worse since my skin was so thin, but now they are pretty much gone. I massaged every day for about a month (to thicken my skin) before adding the dry brushing.
Massage thickens the skin like you wouldn't believe and dry brushing toughens it. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad Magica you testify that massage does not make broken caps worse. I was so worried when I started doing the ageless face exercise.

So Tigerlilly, the game plan for you is
1. Get you broken caps zapped away now
2. Get a LED device for maintenance
3. Take grape seeds supplements daily. That supposed to strengthen blood vessels.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Magica wrote:
Massage and dry brushing has really worked for me though. I was afraid doing it would make my caps worse since my skin was so thin, but now they are pretty much gone. I massaged every day for about a month (to thicken my skin) before adding the dry brushing.
Massage thickens the skin like you wouldn't believe and dry brushing toughens it. Smile

Do you dry brush your face? If so, what kind of brush do you use? Or are your broken caps elsewhere?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Magica wrote:
I totally agree about the lasers. I've had several laser treatments and each time the broken caps were back in full force in less than a year.

Magica,

What kind of massaging do you do? Some people call pinching massaging, and some call moving lymph massaging, and some call simple rubbing massaging. What has worked for your spider veins?

Thanks,

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
I am glad Magica you testify that massage does not make broken caps worse. I was so worried when I started doing the ageless face exercise.

So Tigerlilly, the game plan for you is
1. Get you broken caps zapped away now
2. Get a LED device for maintenance
3. Take grape seeds supplements daily. That supposed to strengthen blood vessels.

I have to say that zapping my veins with IPL was the best thing I've done (after Lasik) !!

It just has sooo great immediate results, it was just wonderful for me. I had lots of spider veins around my nose and in my cheeks and now... they're gone.

I don't have new spider veins so far... I guess I should think about the LED treatment... but I think i'd be lazy to do it at home ... I'll probably ask at one of the clinics in town.

Also...I had to totally and absolutely stop squeezing my face. My capillaries are really fragile so if I squeeze my face to get black heads out, etc. I will get spider veins.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:

Do you dry brush your face? If so, what kind of brush do you use? Or are your broken caps elsewhere?

Yes. At first I used a baby tooth brush and then, as my skin got tougher, I started using a natural bristle brush made for facial dry brushing (got it on ebay).

Here's a good thread about dry brushing your face. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21409

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

Magica,

What kind of massaging do you do? Some people call pinching massaging, and some call moving lymph massaging, and some call simple rubbing massaging. What has worked for your spider veins?

Thanks,

Inky

I pinch my skin and roll it between my fingers quite aggressively. I started off being more gentle because I was worried about making things worse, but now I'm massaging my entire face (even my lips and around the eyes) with gusto. Wink My skin has gotten a lot thicker.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Magica wrote:
Yes. At first I used a baby tooth brush and then, as my skin got tougher, I started using a natural bristle brush made for facial dry brushing (got it on ebay).

Here's a good thread about dry brushing your face. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21409

Thanks Magica. I've purchased some brushes for the body, based on what I've read on the forum, but hadn't seen the face info. More reading!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I've had broken capillaries on my face and neck since I was in my mid teens. I've had them zapped many times with laser and v-beam, along with having them treated with diathermy (a fine needle with an electric current passed down it to seal the capillary). They've always grown back.

What worked for me was massaging the skin, led light machine and a couple of topical actives helped. Firstly orange flower water is known to help reduce redness and so is witch hazel, so I simply mixed together roughly equal amounts of these two, with a little bit of glycerin, and use this twice a day as a toner afer cleasning. Secondly I added msm and milk thistle extract to my moisturiser. Both of these have helped considerably. Although these three measures won't completely get rid of your broken capillaries, they are cheap and easy so worth a shot. To sum up.

Very gentle cleansing in the morning with cool water and what ever cleanser feels right for you followed by toner and sunscreen.

A fairly vigorous massage for one or two minutes while cleansing the skin at night with a creamy cleanser, washed off with a warm wet facecloth and followed by toner. Then moisturiser or serum with added msm and milk thistle extract. Either add these ingredients to a product you are already using, or make a very light serum by adding them to aloe vera, or a hylauronic acid serum, followed by whatever anti aging product or moisturiser you already use.

Then if you want you can graduate to the more expensive item, the led machine. I got mine on Ebay for a fairly cheap price. Orange flower water is available at many supermarkets or health food stores, and online quite cheaply. MSM is available at all health food stores and online in bulk and I got powdered milk thistle extract from bulk actives, although you can probably get it easily at many health food stores. Extra vitamin c supplementation is also helpful.

I've never had really dreadful broken capillaries, just ones that kept recurring no matter what I did, but these measures have made a great difference to my skin and now broken capillaries never seem to come up and my skin feels thicker all over, particularly under the eyes.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
luckylouie. Can you say more about how you use the msm and the milk thistle? I have taken milk thistle internally and it is well regarded for cleansing the liver. I mean in reputable studies etc. was found to work. When you massage what do you do? thanks. Harriet
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 am      Reply with quote
This is up on the truthinaging website. She seemed to favor horse chestnut as an ingredient to help the broken caps.

http://www.truthinaging.com/2009/04/treatments-for-broken-capillaries-and-spider-veins.html
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Thanks for all the replies, guys! I haven't checked the thread since I posted which is why I haven't replied, but now I'm all excited!!! Cool
Ok, I'm poor as all get out now, Rolling Eyes but I do want to look into these LED devices!!! Anyone wants to give me ANY feedback, I'll bake you a batch of brownies Bad Grin .
Also, I have been doing some Ageless exercises (but not the message). Well, I apparently did one a bit aggressively, and I could have SWORN I caused a big ol' patch of spider veins/broken capillaries! I was horrified! Shock ...Turns out I just bruised myself ever so slightly and it's all good.
So, I'm thinking about starting the massage, BUT my spidies are mostly on the sides on my nose. I can cover them with make up for the most part (heavy make up), but I'd really LOVE them gone, and I'd settle for them to be lighter....
Thanks again for all the relplies! You chicks are the BEST!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be testing the Prolight. I just ordered it today. I'll report after I receive it and use it for a while if it helps with the broken caps.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 am      Reply with quote
I simply massage my face in small circular movements using my fingertips and pinching the cheeks with my thumb and forefinger. I tighten up the skin under my eyes by half squinting so that I don't tug at it when I massage under the eys.

AS for the msm and milk thistle I don't take them as supplements I simply add them to my moisturiser. The msm dissolves easily in water and the milk thistle needs to be mixed in more thoroughly. It doesn't dissolve fully but will release its active ingredient over time, if you use too much it make make the moisturiser or serum feel grainy. I guess you could just add a liquid tincture of milk thistle to a product instead, except that I try to avoid too much alcohol on my skin and most tinctures are made with alcohol.
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I'll be testing the Prolight. I just ordered it today. I'll report after I receive it and use it for a while if it helps with the broken caps.

I would LOVE to know, so thanks!
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Good luck! I hope it works out well for you and please do let us know about any progress! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
honeychan wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Good luck! I hope it works out well for you and please do let us know about any progress! Laughing

Thank you! Quick update. I am using the Prolight 1 time a week. So far I have had 3 "treatments" with it. The broken caps on my cheeks appear to be diminishing, but no results on the caps on the side of my nose yet. I definitely look forward to seeing how the broken caps look after a few months with the Prolight. So far, so good!
starriest
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
honeychan wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Thank you! Quick update. I am using the Prolight 1 time a week. So far I have had 3 "treatments" with it. The broken caps on my cheeks appear to be diminishing, but no results on the caps on the side of my nose yet. I definitely look forward to seeing how the broken caps look after a few months with the Prolight. So far, so good!

Which Prolight are you using? Professional Red, Professional Amber, or Platinum?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
starriest wrote:
Which Prolight are you using? Professional Red, Professional Amber, or Platinum?

I am using the Professional Red.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |