Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HOMEMADE "LIP VENOM"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Years ago I bought some of that "Lip Venom" stuff but I didn't like it so I gave it to my mom. She likes it because she assumes that the "burn" she feels (from the cinnamon oil) means that it's actually plumping her lips. Anyway, she used it all up and was bugging me to go to Sephora or the Beauty Store to buy some more (she never shops for products herself, she always sends me out) but I decided to make a homemade version using ingredients I'd read about in my research for the ultimate lip plumper (for those of you who have been following along under the "LIP PLUMPERS THAT WORK" topic!!).

I decided to use Aquaphor as a "base" or "carrier," then a mixed in a few drops of liquid Niacin (vitamin B3) and a few drops of liquid vit B6, plus a drop of (liquid form) Cayenne pepper (aka "Capsician") then a drop each of Cinnamon Leaf oil and Clove oil. Mix it all up. Just for grins, to make it a colored gloss, I also mixed in some of my BE minerals blush (I think it was the color called "Flowers") and a dash of honey as well (in addition to adding a bit of sweetness/flavor, honey is one of nature's best moisturizers and humectants!!). Mixed all of this together until the consistancy was pretty smooth, then I spooned it all into an old, clean lip balm pot (a small jar would do just as well).

I didn't want to give this to my mom to use without testing it, so I used myself as 'guinea pig.' I smoothed on a thin layer and almost immediately I started to feel the tell-tale tingling/burning (if you've ever used 'Lip Venom' or 'Lip Explosion,' you know exactly what I'm talking about!!) and my already enormous smacker seemed to plump up right before my eyes -- which should make my mom happy! The thing I liked about it was that it brought the blood rushing to the surface of my lips so they turned a lovely, lush pink shade for that your-lips-but-better look. Smile

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my "recipe" with y'all in case you were tired of waiting to see results with your CityLips and were interested in a little 'instant gratification,' instead. Obviously this little homemade lip plumping balm is only going to give temporary results, but you can reapply as often as you like for a little "pick-me-up."

Hope you find this interesting or helpful!
Carrie
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Wow! That's so neat! Mabsy says using your toothbrush to exfoliate your lips also helps with plumping...I bet if you did that then applied your "Mix",.....imagine the results then! I have heard that if you just keep your lips super-duper moisturized, they will "plump" up to their max. volume...thinning lips as we get older is due to loss of collagen and moisture just like the rest of your skin.

So, when are you going to add preservatives and then sell it to us?
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Carrie you must have a pharmacy in your bathroom Laughing I've been scouring health food stores for Cinnamon Leaf oil with no success. I was planning to add a drop or two to my lip gloss to see if that worked.
Still plodding along with City Lips - miniscule overall difference after about a month Crying or Very sad

Anya
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Hehehe Smile

betterat40 wrote:
Wow! That's so neat! Mabsy says using your toothbrush to exfoliate your lips also helps with plumping...I bet if you did that then applied your "Mix",.....imagine the results then! I have heard that if you just keep your lips super-duper moisturized, they will "plump" up to their max. volume...thinning lips as we get older is due to loss of collagen and moisture just like the rest of your skin.

So, when are you going to add preservatives and then sell it to us?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |