Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
So I Got My Settlement, Between $10K and $20K
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
That's incredible!!! All you need is some pampering. If I were you I'd get a nice deep conditioning treatment, grab some lipgloss and voila gorge!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I agree. Conditioning treatment of that beautiful hair, maybe some glossing spray. The right lip gloss, ...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
callalily wrote:
That's incredible!!! All you need is some pampering. If I were you I'd get a nice deep conditioning treatment, grab some lipgloss and voila gorge!

You guys are so awesome! Can I pay you for that? Very Happy

I'm thinking of getting a face transplant. Cool

Seriously, I went awfully dowdy in my forties. I'm getting motivated to glam up a little here. All you girls are my inspiration. THanks!

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Yep, I agree. Conditioning treatment of that beautiful hair, maybe some glossing spray. The right lip gloss, ...

You guys are never going to get rid of me now. Very Happy

You are too kind. Thanks.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Inky, You have lovely brows...a professional shaping could spruce them up and really add some POW!- glam! to your lovely face!
No, you do NOT need a face transplant!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Inky, You have lovely brows...a professional shaping could spruce them up and really add some POW!- glam! to your lovely face!
No, you do NOT need a face transplant!!! Laughing

Oh, thank you Fawnie. You are always so sweet. Lotsa good on you girl!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
And smiling - keep an approachable, optimistic look. It draws people to you like bees to honey.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
And smiling - keep an approachable, optimistic look. It draws people to you like bees to honey.

I agree!

Lady, a face transplant would be the freakiest thing! All you need is some colour. Check out young Hollywood starlets without their war paint. My 19 year old model gorgeous girlfriend looks remarkably better with a little blush, mascara and gloss. Just little tweaks we all use. You have great even skin (I'm actually a little jealous). You're really lucky!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Very Happy

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
callalily wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I agree!

Lady, a face transplant would be the freakiest thing! All you need is some colour. Check out young Hollywood starlets without their war paint. My 19 year old model gorgeous girlfriend looks remarkably better with a little blush, mascara and gloss. Just little tweaks we all use. You have great even skin (I'm actually a little jealous). You're really lucky!

I was just joking about the face transplant. Smile

Thanks for your kind words

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Inky,
I just found this thread via another thread that had a link to your picture so I thought I'd take a peek! Wow! I really can't believe that you're 49; you look about 35 to me even though you said you hadn't even brushed your hair! The others are right: Your skin looks very firm and youthful -- no sagging no wrinkles. Wish I could say that about myself!

I'm also going to take a look at the link that you provided in regards to the physician's book.

Obviously, what you're doing is working!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Inky,
I just found this thread via another thread that had a link to your picture so I thought I'd take a peek! Wow! I really can't believe that you're 49; you look about 35 to me even though you said you hadn't even brushed your hair! The others are right: Your skin looks very firm and youthful -- no sagging no wrinkles. Wish I could say that about myself!

I'm also going to take a look at the link that you provided in regards to the physician's book.

Obviously, what you're doing is working!! Smile

Thank you Kims!

The book gives a recipe for fighting inflammation, and apparently that is what causes wrinkles? Anyway, the author claims that the absence of wrinkles is a side-effect of the protocol, and that has been my experience.

MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big advocate of nose jobs, I think they can really boost a person's confidence, but for the life of me, I can't find a think wrong with Inky's nose, it's adorable.

I got lasik after 40, and had no ill effects with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Inky - Wasn't one of the big recs to take L Arginine as a supplement... I've started taking 2 tablets a day.
How important is the citruline do you think?

thanks....
How's your progress going?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
I'm a big advocate of nose jobs, I think they can really boost a person's confidence, but for the life of me, I can't find a think wrong with Inky's nose, it's adorable.

I got lasik after 40, and had no ill effects with it.

Girl, you are too sweet! I just don't like it!

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Inky - Wasn't one of the big recs to take L Arginine as a supplement... I've started taking 2 tablets a day.
How important is the citruline do you think?

thanks....
How's your progress going?

Hi Sis,

Yes, L-Arginine is one of the supplements and I believe you are supposed to take between 4000-5000 mg combined with L-Citrulline, between 750 and 900(?) mgs.

Someone told me an a PM that Arginine is supposed to help thicken skin. Is that why you are taking it?

You should read the book if you are interested in the health aspect of reducing your chances of heart disease or stroke. It's very public-friendly and as an educator I think you would find it easily understandable.

Note to everyone interested: If anyone is going to take the above dosages of the supplements, I STRONGLY encourage you to read the book. While the supplements may be life saving or life enhancing, they are probably comparable to prescription strength medicines. The synergistic effect is incredible-- Nobel Prize winning incredible. However, I got headaches when I first started the protocol. I had to ease into it. It's very powerful stuff.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Inky. I only take 1000 - 2000 of the L arginine. My reasons are primarily skin-related - as related to blood flow. If it helps to thicken the skin all the better. I think I'll up the dosage slowly and see what happens. I wonder if the citruline is important for my purpose - although I suppose it cannot hurt. And reducing heart disease risk is a grand plus!

Do you take MSM also?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Inky. I only take 1000 - 2000 of the L arginine. My reasons are primarily skin-related - as related to blood flow. If it helps to thicken the skin all the better. I think I'll up the dosage slowly and see what happens. I wonder if the citruline is important for my purpose - although I suppose it cannot hurt. And reducing heart disease risk is a grand plus!

Do you take MSM also?

I understand that taking too much L-Arginine can be harmful, so I only take it every other day. You might want to do some research on that.

Ignarro's protocol involves a few more supplements, but the 2 that make the nitric oxide (acronym: NO - I think I am recalling that right), are the L-Arginine and L-Citrulline. The NO research is what led to the development of ------------------ and the Nobel Prize.

(whoa, that word just got blanked out!)

I don't take MSM. What are you taking it for?

MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Inky, I have read that MSM can be helpful to the joints and the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Heck I had Lasik after 50. I had him do mine at Monovision, one eye at close up and one for distance. I have no problem at all. I wore contacts like that for years. The procedure was very fast.

MarieIG..I heard MSM is good for the skin too. I'm thinking of getting some.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |