Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I NEED YOUR HELP....PLEASE?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nam209

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I am currently on Mario Badescu's products for Acne skin. I have tried sooo many products, I have been to the doctor, I have used Dr Haushka, Liz Earle, Philosophy, Clinique and so many others and before Mario was the only one that seemed to work however now my skin is just getting worse and worse all of the time. I have tried to go without make up and that has not helped. I have tried mineral make up and that also has not helped. I am ever so confused because there are so many labels around and I don't know what to do next. My confidence is really lacking and I have been feeling depressed as a result...please could anyone throw in some suggestions?

Thanks,
x
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome nam,

I think you should go back to the doctor and ask her to prescribe products for your specific condition. What works for someone else might not necessarily work for you. You might also want to check out the thread on the 302 Skincare system that is located on the products review section of this forum, here is a link

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28855

Hope you feel better soon, don't let the condition of your skin get you down. You took an important first step by asking for help here but your dermatologist may be the best person to help with your skin.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend the blue Acne Lightstim. It has been the only thing that worked to clear up my 19 yr old son. I also use it on myself with very good results.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I 2nd Jom's advice. Check out the 302 thread. There are a lot of people that have gotten results on 302 with their acne.
Emma_N
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 am      Reply with quote
I suggest to take evening primrose oil.
vivian.vl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I do suggest you to see the doctor and follow the doctor's instruction for a long time. Er...it's not good to try all kinds of products within several months. Your skin will be reacted to these products.

Good luck and hope you could find a good way to get rid of the acne soon.
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
what about your MC?
if not rugular, evening primrose oil helps both
Victoria2

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
You have acne on your face or over your body?
If is only on the face probably, the problem is for dermatologist. If your acne is over your body it may be problem to hormones. You trying many products, but what are you working. Sometimes the problem is not in us is in around us!
nam209

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Well it is all over body. I tried tablets for hormones and that didn't work. I have been trying all of this not over a few months but over years! Sad
I am on Evening Primrose Oil...1000mg a day...I read somewhere that some people recommended taking 2000mg a day...is it worth it?

Thanks for all your comments...I went to my doctor again but there is not much else to try. I will have a go but I think he also feels its a bit of a lost cause...I will try though. You never know I guess.

Thanks
x
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I believe Boski and a few others (on the 302 thread) have had some success with Black Currant Oil taken internally.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
nam209 wrote:
Well it is all over body. I tried tablets for hormones and that didn't work. I have been trying all of this not over a few months but over years! Sad
I am on Evening Primrose Oil...1000mg a day...I read somewhere that some people recommended taking 2000mg a day...is it worth it?

Thanks for all your comments...I went to my doctor again but there is not much else to try. I will have a go but I think he also feels its a bit of a lost cause...I will try though. You never know I guess.

Thanks
x

Try another doctor, no doctor should ever think his patient is a lost cause. There has been so much progress treating acne there must be something that can be done.
EskieServant
5% products discount

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
One of the worst products that I can use is Evening Primrose Oil - doesn't matter if it is applied topically or taken internally - major skin reaction. I also have a problem with most botanticals - starting with linden blossom, lavender, lily, rose etc. I do have rosacea - facial and ocular and can't use meds from doctor. Trying the EPO was the worst thing I did. EPO works very well for many people - but others have the same reaction I did - and then I see posts asking why know one told them. I agree you should see your doctor. I had major cystic acne in my younger years, but my skin is extremely dry - always has been. I can't use any acids at all.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh! I was taking Evening Primrose Oil last summer and I had horrible skin at the time. I never really attributed it to the EPO but that could have been the primary cause.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |