Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shampoo for dry, frizzy hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
soar85

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi, i have done various searches on here but have not found any recommendations for my type of hair - i want a moisturising shmapoo that is natural/organic and not too heavy.

I brought Bumble & Bumble's recent line for 'curly' hair but i think it is drying my hair out too much.
Can anyone recommend a good shampoo for this type of hair?
starbuxxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to try Wen products - they are a shampoo/conditioner combined product and have great results and reviews. I get it on QVC when they have a special but I think you can get it on Ebay.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Wen products are a type of shampoo which actually looks and feels and acts like a conditioner. I use the fig and am on my second bottle. I don't use it every time but it does make a significant difference in dry, frizzy - fuzzy hair.
starbuxxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the fig as well and don't use it for every shampoo amd really like it.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
You might know this already but I'll say it anyway. I notice for myself, my hair improves if I wash it less frequently. I've been washing it almost daily this week and it feels like straw. You also save on shampoo!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem and get good results with Natura Organics Fortifying Shampoo (although it's been discontinued so I'm having to try their Nourishing Shampoo instead). I follow up with Redken AllSoft Conditioner.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Just read Callalily's post and I have to agree with her. I only wash my hair 3 times a week. If I wash it more often, it gets extremely dry, flyaway and even more frizzy and unmanageable.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I am really liking Max Green Alchemy atm.
starbuxxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I agree on the washing - I have coarse curly hair and I only wash it 2x week and it feels much healthier and not as dry.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I wash my hair every 2-3 days. That way I don't have to expose it to blowdry and straightening iron that often. I try to get by as long as I can. Very Happy

As far as shampoo goes, I use Head & Shoulders 2-in-1. It helps to keep my scalp clean and I don't have a ton of dandruff and flakes. The thing that makes my hair soft and less frizzy is the Mega Cholesterol Deep Conditioning Treatment which I use as a conditioner. So the time I leave it on is just during the shower. It's probably about 3 minutes before I wash off.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:41 am      Reply with quote
You may want to try supplements to improve the condition of your hair. I take MSM and Hyaluronic Acid supplements and let me tell you my hair is in the best shape it has ever been in my life.....luxuriously soft, shiny and no split ends. Really, it does work. I have heard that normal old Pantene is really excellent for dry hair....some don't like it, but my hairdresser even mentioned it as great for dry hair.....

But I think treating from the outside in is the best method!! And as an added bonus, your skin will look great too!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
i would recoomend the penting silk shampoo, very good with dry hair.
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
If you can find a sulfate free shampoo, they are less drying than regular shampoos. I am currently using Nude, but a good place for lots of info on sulfate free shampoos is naturallycurly.com
yy3506
5% products discount

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I saw someone recommonded rausch and avada on other forums.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Meant to say treating from the inside out is the best way with that last post...ha ha....Wink But, one thing you may try to and it always helps keep my hair soft is the "Fantastic Sams" brand shampoo and conditioner...I had my hair highlighted there and ended up buying their brand color care conditioner and shampoo....I was a bit skeptical, but it turned out to be amazingly great for my hair!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
PHYTO BRUSH from phyto is made for taming the frizzes...

my hair is still poofy right after i wash it but the next day it's really straight and smooth.

use it with one of their conditioners (i find their shampoos dont work well with non-natural conditioners)

and finish with phyto lisse shine serum.

MUST BLOW DRY or it wont work.

Really good!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is colored and highlighted. I blowdry and use an iron on it nightly...without the heat, my hair is a frizzy frizzy mess. I am currently using Kerastase Bain Oleo-Relax shampoo and the Masque. It really has made a difference in my hair texture. Before using this, I used Matrix Sleek-Look shampoo and conditioner. The Matrix products are a bit less expensive than Kerastase and you can find them at Trade Secret, Ulta,...places like that.

I wish I could get away with not washing my hair every night. But my scalp gets greasy quick, while my ends stay dry. My hairdresser told me to wash my scalp, but not my ends. And to condition the ends but not my scalp. It works for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I am really liking Max Green Alchemy atm.

FYI. Max Green Alchemy actually has a facebook site that updates you on harmful ingredients. I've always wondered about their organic products and am tempted to try. They are passionate about natural ingredients in their products. They are only available at Whole Foods and also online. They are more expensive than Pantene Pro-V stuff.

Company Site
http://www.maxgreenalchemy.com

Review
http://feelgoodstyle.com/2008/11/21/when-less-is-more-max-green-alchemy/

Facebook Site
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Max-Green-Alchemy/51056309682

For the Vegan in You
http://www.vegfamily.com/product-reviews/max-green-alchemy.htm

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |