Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

firming products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
shirl
5% products discount

Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, My concern is finding a good firming product or products. I'm in my 50's and would like to find somethin that works. thanks for any info.

Shirl
Caspers Mum

Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am uncertain of your other skin caracteristics, so by telling me if your skin is normal, dry, etc., this will help me recommend some great products for you.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Jason-Beckett's AlphaDermaCE has had a dramatic firming effect on my face! ADCE is advertised for firming sagging skin, relaxing lines and wrinkles and fading scares. I feel that I achieved ultimate results after 3 months of consistant use. After one week I could notice a difference. I am 59 with combo skin type. Dancing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Jason-Beckett's AlphaDermaCE has had a dramatic firming effect on my face!

I'm still waiting for my dramatic effects but I'm only a month (not even) into it and my skin type is different from Winn's. I'm dry so we got to get ourselves good and hydrated too. I'm drinking so much water these days...well, you can just imagine.. Dancing..and that's not dancing, that's running to the loo!Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:35 am      Reply with quote
yeah...I'll say esther's secret mask as well...loops sent me a sample and I am going to have to get it...just need to wait for all the furor to die down after the last lot of purchases! Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Guapagirl..Hi! Where can you get a free sample of Esther's Secret? I've been wanting to try it as well, but i wouldn't mind trying a sample first Wink [/quote]
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
skinrg wrote:
Guapagirl..Hi! Where can you get a free sample of Esther's Secret? I've been wanting to try it as well, but i wouldn't mind trying a sample first Wink
[/quote]

I sent it to her. Have you got a nice friend on EDS that lives in Canada who could send you some.
Pray Lori
Mabsy

Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Jason-Beckett's AlphaDermaCE has had a dramatic firming effect on my face!
Nanapost wrote:
I'm still waiting for my dramatic effects but I'm only a month (not even) into it and my skin type is different from Winn's.

My mum has been using this for the last few weeks and while her face is not looking like Cher's (that's probably a good thing! Laughing ) she's seen very good results with it. There's a noticeable difference in her frown lines and she says her skin texture is much better as well. She's using this together with Vivier 20% vit C serum by the way (vit C underneath). I'll post a "proper" review of it when I get back from my too-fast-approaching work trip, which should give my mum a little bit more time to see any further results.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Does your mum use the Prep also before the ADCE? And if she does, which comes first, the Prep or the C? I know there is vitamin C in the ADCE also.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
After reading so many posts I don't know which porduct to order first for firming. It's between Esters Secret , AlphaDerma CE or Sircuit.
Any ideas????????????
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use AlphaDerma line and love it. I also purchased the ES Masque and I am very happy with that. For three + months I have been using AD/Prep/Okusil and would not be without it. ES Masque was a nice frosting on the cake and a lovely product.

I have not used Sircuit. Perhaps their Argirelene product is very good but I would not pay 150.00 an oz. (Not when I have products that work for a fraction of the cost).

Now, I am only talking about Argireline products which I am using for fine lines, wrinkles and skin firmness. Some of Sircuit products sound very interesting. Guess it all depends what you want to target. Sounds like we will be getting many reviews on Sircuit. So, depending on your age and needs this forum will be most helpful.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I can't answer for what Mabsys mom does but I can tell you that no matter what products you are using the Prep always comes first. The Prep not only Moisturizes the skin, but it allows your skin to better accept the BENEFITS of anything that is put on top. So really it accelerates the benefits of the product applied after it. In the case of the AlphaDerma it accelerates the benefits of all the active ingredients and allows the skin to get even more results. Smile
Nanapost wrote:
Mabsy,
Does your mum use the Prep also before the ADCE? And if she does, which comes first, the Prep or the C? I know there is vitamin C in the ADCE also.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Nanapost - Yep, she uses the Prep, then the vit C and then Alphaderma.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I have not used Sircuit. Perhaps their Argirelene product is very good but I would not pay 150.00 an oz. (Not when I have products that work for a fraction of the cost).

Now, I am only talking about Argireline products which I am using for fine lines, wrinkles and skin firmness. Some of Sircuit products sound very interesting. Guess it all depends what you want to target. Sounds like we will be getting many reviews on Sircuit. So, depending on your age and needs this forum will be most helpful.

The sircuit stuff with agiriline in it also has matrixyl (palmytol pentapeptide sp?) which is the collagen boosting stuff in stri vectin. This means you are getting a double whammy of relaxant and collagen boosting (well in theory...I haven't tried it). I don't know what % of matrixyl is in the SV, but I do know that after using it on half my face for 5 days when I first got it, my friend was so concerned by the difference that she wanted me to reassure her that I was ok Confused
I've just finished my tube and I must say I'm really pleased with the results. Am I repurchasing? Nah! too much of a product whore Bad Grin

Actually trying out copper peptides, which are supposed to be even better Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:12 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Winnie wrote:

The sircuit stuff with agiriline in it also has matrixyl (palmytol pentapeptide sp?) which is the collagen boosting stuff in stri vectin. This means you are getting a double whammy of relaxant and collagen boosting (well in theory...I haven't tried it). I don't know what % of matrixyl is in the SV, but I do know that after using it on half my face for 5 days when I first got it, my friend was so concerned by the difference that she wanted me to reassure her that I was ok Confused
I've just finished my tube and I must say I'm really pleased with the results. Am I repurchasing? Nah! too much of a product whore Bad Grin

Actually trying out copper peptides, which are supposed to be even better Very Happy

palmytol pentapeptides Question Thanks guapagirl I will do some reading up on that.

JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ian S. wrote:
I can't answer for what Mabsys mom does but I can tell you that no matter what products you are using the Prep always comes first. The Prep not only Moisturizes the skin, but it allows your skin to better accept the BENEFITS of anything that is put on top. So really it accelerates the benefits of the product applied after it. In the case of the AlphaDerma it accelerates the benefits of all the active ingredients and allows the skin to get even more results. Smile
Nanapost wrote:
Mabsy,

Ian....

What is the ingredient in the prep that causes the other ingredients to be better accepted? Is it the minerals. Prep does have minerals, doesn't it?

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
skinrg wrote:
Guapagirl..Hi! Where can you get a free sample of Esther's Secret? I've been wanting to try it as well, but i wouldn't mind trying a sample first Wink
[/quote]

Skinrg....

Wish I could tell you that samples are available on Esthers Secret, but our chemists are working on it and they should be available by January. Will probably be about a 3 lift supply. What I can tell you now is that the product does come with a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Skinrg, to be honest the ES masque is not expensive. Or at least I don't think it is. It is well worth the money and I think you should just order yourself one to try. You will not regret it.
Lori
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Judy Marshal and Loopylori! I think I will go ahead and order the ES mask. It just sounds too good to pass by, and I'm happy with the money back guarantee. Laughing My eyelids are really getting crepey....especially noticeable when I wear eye shadow. I'm sad to see myself getting older Sad Maybe this mask will help lift the eye contour area. I'm dead against having any kind of surgery. I've used so many excellent firming eye creams for years now, yet none of them really work for me, They just moisturize. These menopausal years are the pits. They wreak havock on your skin!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
OH NO Exclamation
Are you telling me that when I hit menopause it will get worse. Shock
Sh** I can't afford any more products. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Also I don't think they actually make any face things that I don't already own or have on order.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lori my dear, get a hold of yourself. Did I hear a rumor that soon they will be able to delay menopause until you are about 65. Question
Idea My skin looked its most beautiful during pregnancy. Now, that's an idea for you.

Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am not going to post any replies or answer any questions for a while. I think that the distributors of products and those that sell them are not really supposed to post anymore. I don't want to ignore the rules or protocol of the forum. If anyone wants to ask me questions please e-mail me at ian@janson-beckett.com. Until I am told differently I will abide by the forums request. Thank you, Ian Strassler President JB Inc.
JudyMarshall wrote:
Ian S. wrote:
Nanapost wrote:
Mabsy,

Ian....

What is the ingredient in the prep that causes the other ingredients to be better accepted? Is it the minerals. Prep does have minerals, doesn't it?

JUDY
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Lori my dear, get a hold of yourself. Did I hear a rumor that soon they will be able to delay menopause until you are about 65. Question
Idea My skin looked its most beautiful during pregnancy. Now, that's an idea for you.

rofl
Winnie,
Well thanks for the great advice.
There is no waaaayyyy that I will be going down that road. I think I have done my bit of contributing to the population after having had four children. Besides the old man shoots blanks now,thanks to a very nice Doctor.So if I get preggers I will have a lot of explaining to do.
Lori

Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Ian S. wrote:
I am not going to post any replies or answer any questions for a while. I think that the distributors of products and those that sell them are not really supposed to post anymore. I don't want to ignore the rules or protocol of the forum. If anyone wants to ask me questions please e-mail me at ian@janson-beckett.com. Until I am told differently I will abide by the forums request. Thank you, Ian Strassler President JB Inc.

Ok, I had a large part in writting the guidelines so allow me to take this opportunity to clarify this (as I see it) for any and all distributors on the forum. I did not want to imply (and hopefully didn't) that anyone who is a distributor is not allowed to post here. Realistically speaking, there are a number of people here (and probably more that we don't know of) who are distributors and who contribute to various skincare topics. Just because someone is a distributor does not mean that they have to be condemned to a lifetime of no forum usage (how boring would that be!) - but they need to be careful with what they say about the products in which they have an interest. So, what I did mean was that distributors should not be pushing their own products to members on the forum - however sharing their knowledge on ingredients etc is more than welcome here. This forum is for product users to discuss whatever products they use and they should not feel that someone is trying to sell them something. I hope that makes it more clear.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Judy,

I will be happy to try to answer the question about AH2 HexaPeditide Facial Prep. I have the bottle right in front of me. It ingredients are: Purified Water, Seamollient Mineral Complex: Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Phosophorous, Sodium, Iron, Maganese, Zinc, Copper, AH3.

I use the Prep before AlphaDerma CE to improve cell energy (energize the epidermis) to prepare my skin to get the full benefit from the ADCE or any other product I use.

I used AlphaDerma CE first by itself and I liked it very much. After introducing the Prep I noticed fabulous results. Great product.

Janson Becketts website has even more information on this.

Winnie

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |