Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone Buy Obagi Online?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BichonMom
5% products discount

Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I went for a skin care consult at a plastic surgeon's office and the quote for a Obagi NuDerm kit with Retin A was $419. The Retin A sells for $38 alone. I searched online to see if that price was reasonable and I came across ObagiSale and the Obagi kits were 25% off (in honor of their name change to TrueBeauty) - the most expensive kit was $287.

I would be totally new to Obagi NuDerm - should I use the system only under a doctor's supervision or is it okay to buy from ObagiSale? Does ObagiSale have good customer service? Will they help me set up a routine and will they help if you experience problems?

Thanks in advance. I am so excited to try Obagi.

Jill
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased some replacement Obagi NuDerm from EDS. With my discount, I couldn't find any place -either online or in an office that could beat EDS prices. I have a friend who gets her NuDerm products from ObagiSale and likes them. As long as you know what products you want, I would compare EDS with ObagiSale and go with whichever is cheaper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I bought my Obagi from EDS and got the Tazorac from my dermatologist. I'm very happy with EDS's service.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - I checked out the Obagi kits on EDS and the one with six pieces is cheaper than ObagiSale. I can't figure out why the seven piece is so much more expensive - it only has the sunscreen as the seventh piece, instructions and a travel bag.

c4ward - which kit did you get?

Thanks.

Jill
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I think the travel size is a little smaller than the regular size. I got the products individually, because I'm not using Sunfader #6. I'm thinking if I like the program (which I certainly do so far) I'll get the travel kit for airplane rides, ect. Just a note, it really is amazing how little of the product you need per application. I'd imagine everything will last for at least 3 months. The Toner #2 and Clear #3 go the fastest, since you use them every application. Keep us posted!

5% products discount

Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks c4ward for the information. I watched the Obagi DVD and it was amazing - I can't wait to start. I'll probably buy from EDS because they have some good prices on the kits.

How are you doing on Obagi?

Jill
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jill. I'm red and peely. It actually was a bit more than I expected so fast. Jadereneabby(from EDS) started two weeks ago and already has seen results which is exciting and inspirational.I was afraid what my boss might say, but turns out , his wife does/did Obagi Nu Derm. Her skin is luminous! Really lovely. It's nice having others going through a similar experience close together. We all can encourage eachother on the really red, peely days! Very Happy I look forward to talking to you during our process! Coleen

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't think you can find any other places which are better than EDS for OBAGI nu-cerm. I am on the second set of Obagi. At the first time, I was suggested to use Obagi by Obagi sales team in the UK after fraxel treatment without Treintion A. I did not suffer anything at all, excepting much improved skin. I started using the second set with Treintion this time, given by my demetologist. I am completely red and peeling now. It has been three weeks and I don't really know whether I can stay for this for long as it is not comfortable.
BichonMom
5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ximing - I think I will order from EDS. I hope your peeling stops soon!
BichonMom
5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Colleen,

I'm glad that your boss' wife had such good results on Obagi. I know you said you bought your Obagi products individually - which ones did you get?

Jill
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jill. I got everything except #6 Sunfader. So I got #1 Cleanser, #2 Toner, #3 Clear,
#4 Exfoderm, and #5 Blender. I plan on getting #6 Sunfader next month. Coleen

5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I finally did it!!! I ordered an Obagi NuDerm kit from EDS. I got the six piece kit - I think it has everything but the sunscreen. I called Customer Service this morning and she said that I could use any good high SPF sunscreen with Obagi.

Colleen, What sunscreen do you use?

Is there any particular brand that I should be using?

This is my very first time ordering from EDS and I think their customer service is fantastic. The prices are great.

Jill
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations, I'm so excited for you! I use La Roche Posay Anthelios. I ordered 2 before starting on the Obagi, so I have to finish it up before ordering Obagi Sunfader #6. The people at EDS are very nice ,& it's fun to get the free samples!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Hi. I bought my Obagi from EDS and got the Tazorac from my dermatologist. I'm very happy with EDS's service.

What's the difference between Tazorac and Retin A? I am about to order my Retin A from AllDayChemist and they happen to have Tazorac so I am wondering if I should use it instead of Retin A.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ESSQ.
I'm not sure what the difference is. I do think the program was set up to be used with Retin A,so that would be my first choice .I still had more than half a tube of Tazorac left when I started Obagi. I've had the same red and peeling that the Retin A users have. Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I used to order Obagi products that don't contain "actives" from eBay. This includes the cleanser, toner, and sunscreen. I don't recommend Obagi sunscreens though. They don't offer much protection, esp. not enough if you're using Retin-A.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I bought my Obagi from EDS and never consulted any dermatologist, just followed the instructions on its website. I am very satisfied with the result!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |