Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eye primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I used this product under my eyeshadow this weekend, and it really helped. The shadows and glitter and stuff stayed in place the hole day and night, no smudges and lines on the eyelids.
This is the Make up store eye primer. A you can see there's not much of an ingredient list attached to it on the homepage, so I have e-mailed them for more info.

I really would like some other suggestion on primers, if you have any to recommend.

"Use Eye Primer to make the eye shadows more intense and long lasting. Apply it on your lid with your finger and let dry. The Eye Primer is also nurturing for the sensitive skin around your eyes. You can also attach glitter with the Eye Primer. The Eye primer comes in to shades Beige and Transparent. The Beige Eye Primer also works as a concealer.

Key ingredients
Allantoin: Binds and locks in moisture.
Vitamin E: (Tocopheryl Acetate) Binds and locks in moisture, balances dry and oily areas, stimulates cell production."
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
You should try Too Faced and Urban Decay's eye primers.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:

Second this. I prefer Too Faced because of its more convenient package and lighter texture, but their ingredients are very similiar.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Mac paints are also popular for eye bases. Its my favorite.
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm getting really good results with Laura Mercier Eye Basics. I have one in a linen colour and one in a very pale blue and I will interchange them depending on the shade of eye makeup I'm wearing. They last the day and my makeup stays in place.
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
guerlian has an eye primer as well if you don't mind the $.
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have used and like the MAC paints as a primer, but i like the UDPP even better.
vivian.vl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
It seems that I should use eye primer, too. Er... too much products need to be used on the face... My face is too small Laughing
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Urban Decay primer, but the packaging, although very adorable, is a bit impractical.
Tip for those of you that have it... using a
Q-Tip to get to the bottom of the bottle works well.
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
urban decay's eye primer is definitely a favourite with my friends
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I did have UDPP and I liked the product but hated the packaging - wasted a lot of product.

Another bonus for TFSI - you can buy it on EDS and get your discount. Yippee!
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Wondering - does all eye primers have silicone as an ingredient? Are silicone the key ingredient in primers?
vivian.vl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:
Wondering - does all eye primers have silicone as an ingredient? Are silicone the key ingredient in primers?

I have the same question. I used EL serum which is famous because it contains silicon. Embarassed
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've read that any silicone-based concealer in the right shade can act as an eye primer as well. I've tried it with my Stila concealer and it worked great.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
PinkLeader wrote:
I've read that any silicone-based concealer in the right shade can act as an eye primer as well. I've tried it with my Stila concealer and it worked great.

But, doesn't silicone products clog the pores?
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:36 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:

i have tried both of them. compare with them, i love too faced one, it is clean and easy to apply. urban decay one is the brush like a lip gloss,not clean enough and when u find u finish it, there are a lot in the bottle. waist money
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I have two eyeshadow primers. Too faced and Urban Decay. I prefer too faced. TFSI can help last eyeshadow better and it feels more smooth and moist than Urban Dacay.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |