Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Fine Hair HELP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have BABY fine short hair. What would you recommend for body....shampoo/conditioner. I need your help!!!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have found 2 products that work well with my super fine hair that basically lies flat against my head;

1) John Freida Sheer Blonde for Fine hair. I use honey/caramel shampoo and the conditioner is all colours

2) Physique volumizing shampoo/conditioner

John freida used to make a line called ready-to-wear that I used all the time. There was a volumizing spray that I LOVED but it disappeared off the shelves Crying or Very sad

If your hair is brown freida has a brunette line now too, maybe the same product is in there just for brown instead of blonde.

These 2 products also do not give me zits in my hairline like most other shampoo/conditioners do
Caspers Mum

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have thick, though fine hair. However, my colleague has thin, fine hair, and swears by Herbal Essences Shampoo for Fine/Limp Hair. She doesn't use a conditioner.

I've also heard that the Redken Fat CAT line of products is excellent. Something to consider. http://www.redken.com/consumer/products/index.cfm?action=showBrand&bt=1&b=261, http://www.redken.com/consumer/products/index.cfm?action=showproduct&p=546&bt=2&b=269, http://www.redken.com/consumer/products/index.cfm?action=showproduct&p=550&bt=2&b=269
Caspers Mum

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
I have found 2 products that work well with my super fine hair that basically lies flat against my head;

1) John Freida Sheer Blonde for Fine hair. I use honey/caramel shampoo and the conditioner is all colours

John freida used to make a line called ready-to-wear that I used all the time. There was a volumizing spray that I LOVED but it disappeared off the shelves Crying or Very sad

If your hair is brown freida has a brunette line now too, maybe the same product is in there just for brown instead of blonde.

These 2 products also do not give me zits in my hairline like most other shampoo/conditioners do

The John Freida Blonde volumizing spray was discontinued; a friend of mine also used this & was disappointed.
Bonnie
5% products discount

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
1. Kerastase Voluminactives (sp?)

2. Frederic Fekkai Full Volume Shampoo/Conditioner. Also, their color enhancing shampoos are the absolute BEST. I've used the blonde one and it is to die for. Smells delish, too.

3. Aveda Pure Abundance shampoo/conditioner.

I've also used John Frieda, Redken and Matrix Amplify volumizing shampoos and thought they were sub-par compared to the choices above.

Good luck!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the Redken Fat Cat too...

I remember there being a product to use after you shampoo but before you condition that was good for volume.

I can't remember why I stopped buying the stuff...

Why does all the good stuff that I like always get discontinued!!? I hate the body shop for that, they're the worst for doing that.
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie! I thought i was the only one with paper thin baby fine hair. If i try to grow it, i look unhealthy. Crying or Very sad I find the rice shampoo by Peter Lamas very good as well as Physique. I just ordered a partial hairpiece called Hair Magic. It adds fullnes to thin hair. You place it on your head and there are holes to pull your own hair through to blend in as well as hold the piece in place. I can't wait to try it Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:

Thank you Lianne. I found the John Freida for brunettes in my local CVS. Gave it a try and my hair does have more body (nice shine). Thank you so much!

I did not get the conditioner as I could not find one for fine hair. Do you have the name of the conditoner to use with the shampoo?

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
let me check my bottle..

It's sheer blonde, instant detangler with ultra light conditioners. It's a white colour so I don't see why a brunette couldn't use it...(my roots are light brown and I haven't noticed anything weird)

I'm glad you liked the shampoo. I do mix it up every once in a while and use something else. I think 1 or 2 times a week I use finesse clarifying shampoo just cuz my hair gets greasy. I use the conditioner daily though.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |