Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Body version of the STOP – TriPollar POSE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
dint24 wrote:
Just wondered - do you know/think that also men and not only us the women try to fight the age with the STOP or also try to tighten their skin and Refine. Reduce. Reshape their body with the help of the POSE?

Most certainly men are working on anti-aging. We have had several posts here about their results. Danny in the UK, is a personal trainer uses the Stop and has his clients to use it as well. PQ from the UK has posted about losing inches through his waist with the Pose and he has also had success with the Stop. On the Flexeffect facial training forum we have men training and they are extremely knowledgeable. The men are not going to be left behind Laughing
Toby

Yes Toby - thinks are still working well with STOP and POSE, keeping up the good work!
PQ.
Bananas666

Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

Here is an update of my experience. Sorry for the long post, but I'm trying to give as much detail as I can, hopefully someone will find it helpful.

I have been using the POSE for just over 3 weeks, about 2-3 times a week, a total of 10 times. I have used it on three problem areas for me:

1. on my abdomen for skin tightening

2. on my inner thighs where I have localized fat deposits, especially on my inner knees

3. on the top front of my thighs, on the fleshiest part, just a bit off centre, for cellulite reduction and contouring

So, that covers all three uses that the POSE is recommended for - skin tightening, body contouring/getting rid of localized fat deposits, and cellulite reduction.

I am sad to report that I have not seen any great results so far Sad So much for the promises of "immediate outcomes just after the first treatment" Sad I am half way through the 8 weeks they recommend for treatment (after that I'm supposed to go to maintenance), but to be honest I'm not very hopeful Sad and the thought that I can return the POSE for a refund is comforting.

On my abdomen I thought I was seeing some possible skin tightening, but when I took photos this week, they looked exactly like the 'before' photos from 4 weeks ago. Also, there has been no circumference reduction in my waist, actually a slight increase from 62.8cm to 64.0cm (taken at the same time of day 4 weeks apart). Objectively, there has been no improvement in this area.

My inner thighs, similarly have not improved, no visible fat reduction. I took measurements at the knee and the widest part at the top of the thighs. 4 weeks ago they were 37.7cm and 54.0cm, and now 38.0cm and 53.6cm. The difference is within the error that can be expected with this kind of measurements. The before and after pictures look the same.

However, on the fleshiest part of my things I have seen worsening of cellulite appearance Sad My cellulite was not really that bad and could not be seen when standing still, just when squeezing my thigh or walking and the flesh was shaking (I hope you know what I mean). Now after using the POSE 10 times I can see some dimpling while standing still, which wasn't visible before Sad I suspect that this worsening is due not so much to using the POSE, but because I stopped cupping. I did that for 2 reasons - firstly, so as to isolate the effect of the POSE and not obscure the results with other treatments, and secondly, because I simply do not have the time to do both.

I was hoping that if the POSE did work on my cellulite I would not have to do cupping any more. I am going on a beach holiday at the end of July and am really wondering what to do -- give POSE a chance and continue with just that or start cupping again because I know it will improve my cellulite.

One other problem I have is that after the first use I got some bruises on my inner thighs. I got the redness while doing the treatment, which mostly subsided within less than 30 mins, but there were still some reddish patches here and there and the next day they were faint bruises and also on both my inner knees I got what I think is broken capillaries (a few visible thin red squiggly lines) which still have not disappeared more than 3 weeks later! Did anybody else have this problem? I don't bruise easily, in fact even with aggressive cupping I hardly get any bruises.

Overall, I'm not happy, given my results so far are negative or no change at best Sad I have been trying to do everything as recommended. I started off at the low setting on all areas, because medium felt too hot, but I found that on the 7th use I could increase to medium and on the 9th I started using the high setting on my abdomen and upper things, but still use only medium on the inner thighs and low on the knees. Also the treatment on higher setting takes a lot longer to get the orange light, which is really strange because it is supposed to be higher power and the temperature is supposed to get to 40C, so how can it take longer to heat to that temperature at higher power?? On low setting it was taking 4-5 minutes to do my abdomen, 12 mins for inner thighs and 6 minutes for front of thighs. On medium and high now it takes 12-13 mins for abdomen, 20 minutes for inner thighs and 16-17 mins front thighs.

I would be interested to hear other people's experiences. Please share details. If you have seen positive results, how long after you started treatments? Is there still hope for me Question Crying or Very sad
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this a couple of times on my thighs, I am small and petite but have cellulite. I put the unit on high and it took forever to heat up on the thigh area....on my stomach it heated much quicker. For me I would need high heat always. I realize I need to spend a lot of time on the thighs since it takes so long to heat up. I haven't done enough to judge but I think it is promising....feels great!
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

The bruising is odd. I looked like someone had taken a bat to my body after cupping the first time or 2. My husband was quite upset with me an really concerned.

I have had no bruising on my body from the pose.
Patchy red--yes, but gone the next day.

My belly had cellulite...YUK! But my sister ask me this weekend what I had been doing because it is almost gone.

I have also been using it on my underarms because it was that crepey, mottled chicken old lady skin. That is gone. Hurray!!

I am very pleased. It could be this is just not agreeing with your skin.

Do you dry brush?
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I have been using mine for 2 weeks on 1. Tummy (not Cellulite but a tummy) knees (no cellulite but saggy) Upper arms (no cellulite but crepey).
No dramatic results for me but I am optimistic.
I am seein some weird things though with the lights. Initally it took forever for the light to come on in the knee region (I use high for every part I 'm a tough old bird ) now it comes on really quickly and the same for the arms.
Tummy stil take a while but is less than in the beginning.
I'm not sure what is going on!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:39 am      Reply with quote
do u think you could use the stop on the body as well?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
do u think you could use the stop on the body as well?

You're supposed to be able to use it on the arms - however, for tummy and thighs I would imagine that you would need the more powerful POSE. But note, the POSE cannot be used on the face.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Bananas666 wrote:

My inner thighs, similarly have not improved, no visible fat reduction. I took measurements at the knee and the widest part at the top of the thighs. 4 weeks ago they were 37.7cm and 54.0cm, and now 38.0cm and 53.6cm. The difference is within the error that can be expected with this kind of measurements. The before and after pictures look the same.

However, on the fleshiest part of my things I have seen worsening of cellulite appearance Sad My cellulite was not really that bad and could not be seen when standing still, just when squeezing my thigh or walking and the flesh was shaking (I hope you know what I mean). Now after using the POSE 10 times I can see some dimpling while standing still, which wasn't visible before Sad I suspect that this worsening is due not so much to using the POSE, but because I stopped cupping. I did that for 2 reasons - firstly, so as to isolate the effect of the POSE and not obscure the results with other treatments, and secondly, because I simply do not have the time to do both.

One other problem I have is that after the first use I got some bruises on my inner thighs.

Hey, Bananas666!

I am sorry to hear that POse did not work for you. Actually if I was you I would give it a try a little bit longer. Usually the results after using radio frequency on cellulite are best visible a month after you start your therapy if you are doing the salon version. It takes some time before the body dissolves the destructed fat and the collagen to refresh.

About the possible cause for bruises: I was having Velashape treatments (4 treatments in 4 weeks as recommended) to reduce my cellulite on my tights and buttocks. I am 30 and has always had cellulite but you couldn't see it unless you squeezed it, since I was doing sports and was slim. But last year I didnt have time to do sports anymore and was eating only junk food (I started my post-graduate studies abroad and t was very demanding) and I gained 3 kgs of fat, lost lots of muscle tissue and the cellulite became really gross, so I decided to do something about it. The Velashape treatments ended approx 3 weeks ago and Im happy with the results even though the cellulite isnt completely gone. The velashape also works with radio frequency heating, with the combination of IR and vacuuming massage. The therapist told me that radio frequency is very effective for cellulite reduction and that bruising is normal since the fat trapped between the collagen tissue is dissolving and the tissue is becoming softer. The brusing will go away. But my therapist never used the device on places on my tights where my skin looked thinner and you could see the veins, because the velashape could cause permanent "spider veins" (sorry, dont know the correct english term for the little veins spreading out like spider webs that you get often while being pregnant and can only be removed with laser treatment). So better stop using the device on areas where your veins are visible.

As on the measurements - the circumference reduction depends on our fitness level - if you are sporty in your free time or you have less fat you cannot expect any results from this treatment except a tighter and more toned physique. It also depends on how old you are - the older you get the slower is your metabolism.

Also - my therapist used a simple gel made of caffeine and glycerine for the procedure and the velashape worked fine with it.

Anyway, I was thinking of buying this device to get rid of the rest of my cellulite on the bottom, but I would also buy the wellbox and combine the treatment: first heating my cellulite up with the Tripollar and afterwards I would to the wellbox lipo-massage. Does anyone maybe have any experinece in both? Any more esults regarding the tripollar and cellulite??

Regards, HaBiba
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Bananas666 wrote:
I have been using the POSE for just over 3 weeks, about 2-3 times a week, a total of 10 times.
I am sad to report that I have not seen any great results so far Sad So much for the promises of "immediate outcomes just after the first treatment" Sad I am half way through the 8 weeks they recommend for treatment (after that I'm supposed to go to maintenance), but to be honest I'm not very hopeful Sad and the thought that I can return the POSE for a refund is comforting.

Wow...I think I may be glad that I have not bought the POSE yet.

The fact that you have not seen any circumference reduction is very disappointing...the whole purpose of RF is to SHRINK fatty cells, so you should indeed be seeing a reduction of some kind for the time period that you have used it.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,
I work at TriPollar Treatments and would happy to answer you guys but I don't want to get too commercial or cross any forbidden etiquette. So I wanted to ask your permission before responding to some of the open questions I saw on this discussion. Let me know if you want me to answer here or if you want to contact me personally. I will answer as truthfully as I can.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mwachstock, I'd love to know more about Stop Pose. I hope it will be sold in the USA pretty soon (while offering a nice return policy)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
mwachstock wrote:
Hi Guys,
I work at TriPollar Treatments and would happy to answer you guys but I don't want to get too commercial or cross any forbidden etiquette. So I wanted to ask your permission before responding to some of the open questions I saw on this discussion. Let me know if you want me to answer here or if you want to contact me personally. I will answer as truthfully as I can.

Hi there and welcome...we would love to have an expert here to answer questions!

BTW, if you could please add that you work for Tripollar in your signature line, that would be great. (you can do that via the profile link at the top of the page)

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I know there has been a lot of interest in TriPollar devices in the US and believe me, I wish we could sell to you guys already.

We are in the process of getting FDA approval. Because we are making claims that the device actually changes the consistency of the components of the skin, the FDA is evaluating the device as if it were a medical device which takes longer than if it were just a beauty device. Of course they can't tell us how long it will take but we are targeting 2010 (wish I could be more specific).

Until then, all I can say is if you are going on an international vacation this summer, get the device delivered to your hotel.

I saw a previous post the Winhealth is no longer willing to ship to the US. Has anyone tried Harvey Nichols or Selfridges?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:42 am      Reply with quote
mwachstock wrote:
I know there has been a lot of interest in TriPollar devices in the US and believe me, I wish we could sell to you guys already.

There are people that are in the US selling the device on ebay, but NOT shipping within the US...only to the EU. But the funny part is that they will not sell the POSE gel to people in the US that already have the product. Rolling Eyes

Can I ask what the "punishment" is for selling a device in the US that has not yet been approved by the FDA? Inquiring minds would like to know! Very Happy

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
We wont be able to get FDA approval at all if they find out we are selling without their approval.

Can you point me in the direction of the people selling from within the US? Just curious.

The only thing I can say about the gel is try to buy it from the place you originally purchased the device from. Or the vacation trick, buy a whole bunch and sell it yourself Smile.

I saw a post about the olive oil in place of the gel. Commercial reasons aside, it is dangerous to use olive oil (or any other material) in place of the TriPollar Preparation Gel. The gel is formulated to be a specific consistency so that it allows the heat of the device (which gets to somewhere around 42 degrees centigrade) to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin without burning the top layers of the skin. If the lubricant is of a different consistency, the heat can burn the top layer of the skin. If you ever tried touching the device to your skin without any gel you will realize how hot it gets.

Happy to help.
Michal

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
mwachstock wrote:
Can you point me in the direction of the people selling from within the US? Just curious.

I'll PM you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
I agree that the gel must be part of the process-but I think it must also work to prevent the burn sensation that Katebargold describes. That is how gel was used in laser treatments I've had on my face-Thermage & Refirme-it keeps the tips of those machines from getting too hot. Just wish I could find something less expensive to use than the gel the company provides.
Maria Sad

This might work:

http://www.amazon.com/Conductor-Ultrasound-Gel-Plastic-Container/dp/B000MRLYWY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8

5 liters for $25.85

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Catriona
5% products discount

Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
mwachstock wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Mwachstock,
I have been considering getting the POSE. I was wondering about Bananas666 question(s) - could you comment? i.e ["The other thing that confuses me is the fact that the POSE has 4 electrodes, not 3 In the pictures for the POSE they show the RF waves going in 2 arches between the 2 pairs of electrodes, like 2 bipolar wave forms. However, their salon machines have 3 electrodes (i.e. truely tripolar), and they say they combine unipolar and bipolar in one applicator. Why the extra electrode for the home version? And why does it look like it doesn't have the unipolar wave?
Also, Accent (which people seem mostly happy with) uses bipolar for skin tightening and unipolar for fat reduction and cellulite treatment. Unipolar and bipolar RF treatments have CE Mark and FDA approval, while TriPollar doesn't, to the best of my knowledge. What is the advantage of tripolar then? Is it just a marketing thing?"]
Thanks!
Catriona
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
What's the verdict?

(Brand spanking new members, joining to post a rave, need not comment.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wel.............
I"ve stopped using it on my tummy. I had no saggy skin just a bit muffin topness and it did nothing for that. Still using it on my arms and maybe a little less crepey skin.
I now have Carole's No lipo Lipo so that's what I am going to concentrate on for the moment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, I am really excited here!

I want to get the device but the reviews are so black and white. I mean, I don't mind becoming a guniea pig for you guys but I also am hesitant about putting that kind of money down on a device that I find is just another marketing scheme. I too am in the United States and am curious to the results of such claims. FDA approval or not, I would love to do an unbias consumer review on this. Just like my TCA peels and the Clarisonic, I have a highly documented unbias perspectives when I approach things like this.

This being said. Is anyone willing to lend me their device for some monetary compensation so that I could try the device, take pictures and report back?

If you ask anyone else, Inkypose, Beth, I am a very honest, reliable, and highly active member on this forum and am not afraid to give the scoop.

I do know that alot of companies browse this forum for our reviews and our thoughts about things going on out there. We are a bunch of influental gals/boys. But that comes from our ability to report our honest consumer results. Even if the big companies don't like our honesty!

EDS (consumer freedom of speech) FOREVER!!!!!!!

P.S. If anyone is willing to do this share thing, please PM me. I will keep you guys updated on my success with this new venture!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:

I want to get the device but the reviews are so black and white. I mean, I don't mind becoming a guniea pig for you guys but I also am hesitant about putting that kind of money down on a device that I find is just another marketing scheme. I too am in the United States and am curious to the results of such claims. FDA approval or not, I would love to do an unbias consumer review on this. Just like my TCA peels and the Clarisonic, I have a highly documented unbias perspectives when I approach things like this.

This being said. Is anyone willing to lend me their device for some monetary compensation so that I could try the device, take pictures and report back?

If you ask anyone else, Inkypose, Beth, I am a very honest, reliable, and highly active member on this forum and am not afraid to give the scoop.

I do know that alot of companies browse this forum for our reviews and our thoughts about things going on out there. We are a bunch of influental gals/boys. But that comes from our ability to report our honest consumer results. Even if the big companies don't like our honesty!

P.S. If anyone is willing to do this share thing, please PM me. I will keep you guys updated on my success with this new venture!

Now that's what I'm talking about .. I hope someone takes you up on it!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:

Kassy, what do you thinko about this device? I have been researching on how it workds and the science of it.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I've just found this site, which is good because I also have just bought the POSE. Am using it on the tummy area and hips (my partner does my hips for me Laughing). Used it 6 times on both areas and haven't noticed a single thing yet (early days though). But I was just wondering how do you do your back parts ??? unless somebody else does them for you. But I'm on my own quite a lot and I'm definitely NOT asking the neighbour hehe. I tried to do the side of my hips and my arms were just falling off - it's real uncomfortable - well in fact I just couldn't do it.
Any tips...... Steff
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:

Kassy, what do you thinko about this device? I have been researching on how it workds and the science of it.

I don't have it, so can't comment with certainty.. But my guess is that it's a disappointment, much like the STOP..

Usually when something is good, members enjoy sharing and talking about it.. Considering the silence for these two products, it doesn't look too promising.

I found "bananas" review to be very forthcoming and honest, and I believe there are many more that probably agree, but prefer to remain silent.. (Probably don't want to get bashed like I did on the STOP thread, by a couple of unsavory **new** members.. Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing )

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |